Canadian author: "the American Revolution was a flop... accept that... renounce it"

Thread: Canadian author: "the American Revolution was a flop... accept that... renounce it"

ezkl2230 Guest

Canadian author: "the American Revolution was a flop... accept that... renounce it"

A Canadian historian says, "It's time for Americans to accept that their revolution was a failure and renounce it," in an editorial he wrote for the Washington Post.

Which brings us to the related matter of the revolutionís long-term impact on politics. While the Canadian, Australian and British governments have shown they can get things done, including passing tough austerity budgets in recent years, the norm in Washington has become paralyzing partisanship and gridlock.

In these senses, the American Revolution was a flop. Perhaps itís time for Americans to accept that their revolution was a failure and renounce it. (For their part, many Russians have.)
    The American Revolution was a flop - Washington Post

The author seems to be implying that we should return to the British empire.

I don't think so.

I presume this Canadian does not know that government is the problem. What is the problem that government can solve. They are what got us to this place to begin with. Government policy and over regulation is what creates the misery. How did life run so efficiently in the absence of a giant beauracracy to begin with.

I always thought Canadians were a tad strange(I work with some). But thats just hillarious....

I am sure the British would welcome our tax dollars to help shore up their failing systems. Basically the same as two hundred years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    I presume this Canadian does not know that government is the problem.
    Our government is... "Of the people, By the people, & For the people". Americans vote. Our government "IS" the people, therefor it's the American people that "IS" the problem. Too bad Americans can't figure it out.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Right, b/c everything in the UK, Australia and Canada are just peechy...

Blow it out your @ss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Where is it WRITTEN, who has SAID that the revolution is even over. Controlling a government is a daily, relentless, unforgiving challenge that only the American populace can handle. Recognizing the challenge and taking it in hand and getting the public to energized towards forcing a smaller governing body will change the course of history again in this nation. It will take all of us promoting the challenge to make a difference in peoples thinking and getting them to act aggressively against continued government intervention.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Recognizing the challenge and taking it in hand and getting the public to energized towards forcing a smaller governing body will change the course of history again in this nation. It will take all of us promoting the challenge to make a difference in peoples thinking and getting them to act aggressively against continued government intervention.
    It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood the neighborhood...
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~