DOJ In Sanford Fl??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOJ In Sanford Fl???

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    You aren't going to believe this or maybe you will . Kangaroo court can't get a conviction of first degree murder, now the judge has instructed the jury they can concider lesser charges not giving the defense time to make a argument against the charges,

I call WROL or injustice.
    Standard jury instruction here in Dade County is that you can find a person guilty as charged, guilty of a lessor charge, or not guilty in a criminal case. It usually is given just before deliberation starts. But throughout a trial, the prosecution always has the right to lower the charges. Cases that start out a 1st degree murder might end up down at the Manslaughter level by the time the jury gets it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I have a issue with my tax dollars being used PERIOD! By the entire bunch. The IRS especially. I've been audited by these line-dancing criminals in the past... for nuthin'
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Standard jury instruction here in Dade County is that you can find a person guilty as charged, guilty of a lessor charge, or not guilty in a criminal case. It usually is given just before deliberation starts. But throughout a trial, the prosecution always has the right to lower the charges. Cases that start out a 1st degree murder might end up down at the Manslaughter level by the time the jury gets it.
    Well that's a screwed up way to due process. Here in North Carolina you're charged out right with lesser crime all together. How can a defense make a case against those screwed up standards of your state?

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    Methinks the system stacked their cards against young George. I think he may go down.
    You are probably right about him going down. If he does, it would appear to me that his defense counsel would have grounds for appeal and a competent judge to hear the case.

This is just history repeating itself. Back in 1991 Another black man was apprehended after breaking the law. It happened to be caught on film and caused a major out cry. His name was Rodney King. Eventually 4 police officers went on trial in a court in Simi Valley in 1992. After due process, these officers were judged not guilty. There were violent protests and 53 people were killed and over 2000 people injured.
    Because of the public pressure, the government decided it had better get involved. They decided to bring violation of "civil rights" against the 4 officers. After throwing the might and money again these 4 individuals, 2 were convicted and 2 were aquitted. The government has a history of disregarding what the rights of people, and done whatever it wants. There are no protections againt the government doing as it chooses to any citizen. Goverment has decided that individuals have no rights and are vulnerable to the whims of the government.
    Whether the goverment is hite or black does not matter. Governmental power is always there and will act in it's own best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Well that's a screwed up way to due process. Here in North Carolina you're charged out right with lesser crime all together. How can a defense make a case against those screwed up standards of your state?
    Not really. Many a jury is smarter than the lawyers think when it comes to lessor charges.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12