"Caught smoking pot? Lose your 2nd-Amendment Rights!" ~The Gubbament~ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Caught smoking pot? Lose your 2nd-Amendment Rights!" ~The Gubbament~

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Yes, the ATF wrote an open letter addressing this exact thing. Even in states where it's legal like mine, marijuana is still a schedule 1 narcotic (which is a joke). Anyone with a medical marijuana card or a recreational user is consider an unlawful user of a narcotic and is disqualified from possessing firearms.

Here's the letter for reference:

ATF Open Letter to FFL's Regarding Medical Marijuana
    That's because what the states have done in legalizing marijuana is illegal. Marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 narcotic FEDERALLY. No state has the legal power to legalize its use, cultivation, or distribution. This is why the DEA has raided marijuana facilities in CA.

Call it a joke, call it what you will, the states who have legalized it, are just putting their citizens in danger of federal trouble.
    Not correct. States have jurisdiction over their own laws. They have to power legalize whatever they want under THEIR state laws. If state law had to be exactly the same as federal law there would be no reason for state laws. State laws differ from federal laws all the time. However, just because state law is more lenient than federal law doesn't mean that federal doesn't apply. You can always be prosecuted under the more restrictive of the two. Federal law just has a broader jurisdiction.

I'm not calling the fact the marijuana is illegal a joke, I'm saying the fact that it's classified under the same "danger level" as heroin and meth, is a joke.

I don't think the states are doing anything wrong. Their citizens can vote for whatever they want. If the citizens choose to legalize it under state law and they choose to smoke it, that's their choice. They're the ones choosing to break federal law, not the state.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Smoking pot, the only publicly acceptable illegal drug, which makes most users very mellow and nonviolent, can't legally own a firearm. On the other hand someone can get drunk on legal alcohol, which can make some very violent, get arrested for driving drunk, can still legally own a car as well as a gun. Both lethal weapons. Makes sense to me.
    And someone can enter the capitol building drunk, go to his office and vote on a bill. The drunk has the keys to the constitution.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    And someone can enter the capitol building drunk, go to his office and vote on a bill. The drunk has the keys to the constitution.
    This explains the crap that comes out of that place. It might help if they took the time to read this constitution they so frequently violate. No never mind. They're so far above it they wouldn't understand any simple written document.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    Makes me glad I never got caught.
    Smile for the NSA when you post that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12