Northern Colorado wants to secede...

Thread: Northern Colorado wants to secede...

ezkl2230 Guest

Northern Colorado wants to secede...

Representatives fro eight Colorado counties, with the support of at least one of their Representatives in DC, are seriously looking to form their own state, including at least two counties from Nebraska. Too many states have his problem, in which a huge metropolitan area forces its will on the rest of the state - or as we who live outside metro Detroit are known here in Michigan, "outstate." I would love to see Detroit turned into its own state; it doesn't represent the rest of us at all.

Northern Colorado wants to secede from Colorado

Much like the creation of West Virginia during the Civil War, such an act would be unconstitutional. The constitution (can't remember which section) expressly forbids the creation of a state out of another state. Unless the state of Colorado gives its consent (which it won't) this movement isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Much like the creation of West Virginia during the Civil War, such an act would be unconstitutional. The constitution (can't remember which section) expressly forbids the creation of a state out of another state. Unless the state of Colorado gives its consent (which it won't) this movement isn't going anywhere.

That's right... because the freeloaders in the metro areas need the rest of the state to pay the bills.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

I've said this before, if you cutout the large metro areas of any state there would be no blue states. Without large metro areas democrats would have a tough time winning elections.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I've said this before, if you cutout the large metro areas of any state there would be no blue states. Without large metro areas democrats would have a tough time winning elections.
    Pennsylvania has been described as such: "There's Pittsburgh on one end, Filthadelphia on the other end, and Alabama in the middle"
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Pennsylvania has been described as such: "There's Pittsburgh on one end, Filthadelphia on the other end, and Alabama in the middle"
    Having lived there: so true.

Sent from my phone (which explains all the typos), using the USACARRY app.

Suxs but true.

True, but what this does show is there is still an ever increasing amount of displeasure between citizen-citizen and citizen-State. This is a good thing from a mindset point of view, the more things like this happen the more the ideas will spread... with some luck, we may have a huge political shift down the road. If you have enough of a shift, one side will have to give to the other... either peacefully or by violence and Constitutional Law, won't prevent such an act. Whether it's prohibited by law or not... a people need not place themselves into servitude b/c of "Law". We're all born free, we should all die free too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Same in NY. One city has about 40% of the state population. We have no vote upstate. We're disenfranchised by NYC voters. That's how NYS got so screwed up.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS