Illinois Bill Makes Changes To New Concealed Carry Law

Thread: Illinois Bill Makes Changes To New Concealed Carry Law

1. Illinois Bill Makes Changes To New Concealed Carry Law

The ink on Illinois carry is barely dry and already they are trying to tear it apart:

Amends the Liquor Control Act of 1934. Provides that any owner of an establishment that serves alcohol on its premises who maintains a retail liquor license as provided in the Act and allows for the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages on its premises as an on premise consumption retailer, (deletes if more than 50% of the establishment's gross receipts within the prior 3 months is from the sale of alcohol) who knowingly fails to prohibit concealed firearms on its premises or who knowingly makes a false statement or record to avoid the prohibition of concealed firearms on its premises under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act shall be guilty of a business offense with a fine up to $5,000. Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that a licensee under the Act shall not knowingly carry a firearm on or into any building, real property, and parking area under the control of an establishment that maintains a retail liquor license as provided in the Liquor Control Act of 1934 and allows for the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages on its premises as an on premise consumption retailer (rather than serves alcohol on its premises, if more than 50% of the establishment's gross receipts within the prior 3 months is from the sale of alcohol).
    Proposed Illinois Gun Law HB3646 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Hey its the Chicago Lib-o-rat machine! They will not rest until they get the new law gutted so nobody will be able to carry. Which is why I will not apply for a non resident at $300. I feel the IL lib-o-rats will make it so you will only be allowed to carry on Feb 29th with a full moon in the year of the snake or some other legal speak!!!

Blog Entries
    An open letter to Illinois legislators in response to the proposed Illinois Gun Law HB3646 which will ban concealed carry in any establishment that serves alcohol.

I am 56 year old male, married with two children and five grandchildren, a gun owner and, when the time arrives, a concealed carry permit holder. If I choose to dine out with my family at a restaurant that serves alcohol, then I should be able to do so without the intrusion of uninformed and fearful legislators! If restaurants don't want guns in their private establishments, then they may display a sign stating this (and lose my business forever.) This insidious notion that gun owners are unable to contain themselves from twirling their guns, shooting them in the air and drinking at the same time has got to stop. If you don't want people drinking while carrying, then make it so (just like drinking and driving) but to attempt to legislate a mans conscience is abhorrent and anti-American.

I'm tired of those State Legislators that believe they were voted into office to protect us from ourselves. You were not! You are here to serve the public, no more and no less. When you attempt to circumvent the Bill of Rights, the very piece of paper you swore to uphold when you took office your true self shows through and, as far as I'm concerned, borders on treason. Shame on you for your God like stance that you know whats better for us than we do.

New Gunner Journal: Leaping the Grand Canyon for want of a Rattlesnake

Quinn said he would not rest until he gets what he wants on the books regarding gun control. This just the start, it will be up to the legislative body to reign him in if they have the balls too. We can only wait and see what will happen.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job