Really Interesting Article about Florida 'Stand Your Ground' Actual Cases
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really Interesting Article about Florida 'Stand Your Ground' Actual Cases

1. Really Interesting Article about Florida 'Stand Your Ground' Actual Cases

Friend of mine passed this along to me today. The Tamp Bay Times researched 200 trials where the "Stand your ground' law in Florida was used as a defense in a case.

The facts are (as usual) nothing like the talking heads would like to have people believe.

First the article that calls on the study:

Florida blacks benefit from Florida 'Stand Your Ground' | The Daily Caller

... approximately one third of Florida “Stand Your Ground” claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants, according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times.
    And the actual study from the Tampa Bay Times:

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

You didn't really expect the media to use pertinent facts to represent the truth regarding the Zimmerman case. The article referenced was more than likely initially started looking for a different outcome but they couldn't bury it since it was so extensive and so many people had worked on gathering the information. It would be just too obvious for the information to not be published.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Yep all good liberals NEVER let facts, the truth, the law or anything else get in the way of advancing their agenda. A good rule of the thumb is, "If a liberal's lips are moving then they are lying!"

Great articles, thanks.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Friend of mine passed this along to me today. The Tamp Bay Times researched 200 trials where the "Stand your ground' law in Florida was used as a defense in a case.

The facts are (as usual) nothing like the talking heads would like to have people believe.
    Which makes me a little surprised it even made the papers.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

It made Fox News tonight also. Sean Hannity reported on it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I thought that SYG wasn't claimed by the defense in the Zimmerman case.
    Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
    Thomas Jefferson

It wasn't, but the gun grabbers never let facts get in their way.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
    I thought that SYG wasn't claimed by the defense in the Zimmerman case.
    It wasn't.
    I think someone posted in another thread that self defense is defined in the same code though.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Blog Entries

It is all part of the Agenda

In Obama's 2006 book "The Audacity of Hope," he described his struggles with the injustices of "driving while black" and the vigilance he felt was still necessary for him and his family.
    He said "I can recite the usual litany of petty slights that during my 45 years have been directed my way: security guards tailing me as I shop in department stores, white couples who toss me their car keys as I stand outside a restaurant waiting for the valet, police cars pulling me over for no apparent reason".

Does anyone belive any of this really happened to him?

Or is it just another lie to promote his agenda?

These days, it's gun control that Obama cites, and SYG is just a starter, and truth doesn't matter.

Really Interesting Article about Florida 'Stand Your Ground' Actual Cases-1010548_421985774582162_68324573_n.jpg
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast