Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 15
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 218

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    I'm a bit of a pot-stirrer myself, it amuses me. Hey lilreb, you're really bumping up my post-counter! Guess what, the laws still haven't passes and NC still needs work to be a pro-2A state!
    Chief

  2.   
  3. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Let me get this correct you say you live in North Carolina and haven't heard about this RECENT legislation? Maybe you should slap your face a little harder and knock some sense in it.
    Following it closely, and contacting by email and phone almost every day to try and get it through, knowing full well that Senate added the PPP aspect, which will be the poison pill for the whole damn thing. The sponsor of the bill is who asked to house to vote no concurrence because she knew that if it passed as written, it would be vetoed by the governor, and has some serious technical issues with the campus vehicle storage.

    A lot has changed since your 40 day old link, I'm following it almost daily. The PPP system is seriously flawed and needs to be repealed, BUT this is not the time or the place to fight that battle, as doing so will kill all the gains that the bill includes, not to mention empowering the libtards and anti's with the failure of this bill to become law.

    Have you written, called your rep, Schaffer, Berger, Tillis, and McCrory? Do you know the status of the bill today? Do you know the organization that has the power to kill this bill?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  4. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    dear whodunce the dumb ass said North Carolina was anti gun because of some link that was dated 2011. I've shown that North Carolina is by far one of the most supportive second amendment states their is. Deal with that. As for the length of how long someone has been here, you called me a troll I'll let my past post be my witness. You're new here maybe you'll learn.
    meeh! better than many, but very limited on where we can carry, have to ask the Sheriff for permission to buy a gun if you don't have a CHP. Some sheriff abuse their power and add draconian and extreme requirement such as notarized affidavits.

    Need to pick up a sick kid at school, and it's 15 miles from your home, you can either make a 30 mile round trip to disarm, or take the chance of becoming an accidental felon, even if the gun is unloaded and stored in the trunk of the car.

    The governor, a total unknown on 2A, has not taken a position on anything meaningful. His only stated position on guns has been "we have enough gun laws". The republican majority gives the appearance of pro 2A, but what do we have to show for it, a single bill preventing the destruction of seized guns. The current bill HB937 holds promise, but as it stands today it is opposed by the NCSA, and as such even if the house passes it, McCrory will fold like a cheap lawn chair, and veto it.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    meeh! better than many, but very limited on where we can carry, have to ask the Sheriff for permission to buy a gun if you don't have a CHP. Some sheriff abuse their power and add draconian and extreme requirement such as notarized affidavits.

    Need to pick up a sick kid at school, and it's 15 miles from your home, you can either make a 30 mile round trip to disarm, or take the chance of becoming an accidental felon, even if the gun is unloaded and stored in the trunk of the car.

    The governor, a total unknown on 2A, has not taken a position on anything meaningful. His only stated position on guns has been "we have enough gun laws". The republican majority gives the appearance of pro 2A, but what do we have to show for it, a single bill preventing the destruction of seized guns. The current bill HB937 holds promise, but as it stands today it is opposed by the NCSA, and as such even if the house passes it, McCrory will fold like a cheap lawn chair, and veto it.
    but very limited on where we can carry, have to ask the Sheriff for permission to buy a gun if you don't have a CHP
    We are no different than any other states they have the same restrictions. However that's changing
    The bill, approved in a Senate Judiciary committee, still requires a permit to carry concealed handguns but expands the places that those weapons can be taken: all educational property, not just public colleges and universities as an earlier version proposed; private schools, unless they prohibit weapons; parades and funeral processions, unless they’re expressly prohibited. Cities and counties would not be allowed to ban firearms on greenways but could continue to do so on athletic fields.

    Read more here: RALEIGH: NC bill would do away with handgun permits | State Politics | NewsObserver.com

    Pat McCrory is not an unknown he's pro gun but likes to build shinny new trains. I have an advantage because I live near Charlotte.

  6. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Following it closely, and contacting by email and phone almost every day to try and get it through, knowing full well that Senate added the PPP aspect, which will be the poison pill for the whole damn thing. The sponsor of the bill is who asked to house to vote no concurrence because she knew that if it passed as written, it would be vetoed by the governor, and has some serious technical issues with the campus vehicle storage.

    A lot has changed since your 40 day old link, I'm following it almost daily. The PPP system is seriously flawed and needs to be repealed, BUT this is not the time or the place to fight that battle, as doing so will kill all the gains that the bill includes, not to mention empowering the libtards and anti's with the failure of this bill to become law.

    Have you written, called your rep, Schaffer, Berger, Tillis, and McCrory? Do you know the status of the bill today? Do you know the organization that has the power to kill this bill?
    Maybe this link will keep you informed
    All the gun related bills in North Carolina 2013-2014 | An NC Gun Blog

  7. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I'm a bit of a pot-stirrer myself, it amuses me. Hey lilreb, you're really bumping up my post-counter! Guess what, the laws still haven't passes and NC still needs work to be a pro-2A state!
    Udunce have you looked at your $h!t hole of a state lately?
    This is no longer 2011 It will take some time to fix 140 years of democratic control of this state.

  8. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    well said Blues!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  9. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Last time I checked, when I bought a gun, the taxes I paid on it were from the state that sold the gun. If you want to "vote with your wallet" then only buy used guns from your buddy's so there are no taxes.
    -
    Another point is that if you buy a Kel-tec (made in FL) is that OK? I know there probably aren't many steel mills in FL, so where are they getting their metal from? You can take this down to the least common denominator and somewhere down the line you are probably "giving money" to an anti-gun state.
    -
    Those state tax dollars may go to an anti-gun agenda, but the percentage would be so small after you factor in roads and bridges, schools, exorbitant pensions etc. that it would make no difference. How exactly is that money getting to the agenda anyway, other than going into the salaries of the legislators in that state (which they will even receive if the state is in deficit)?
    I agree with what you said and I just saw an ad for Henry... steel from Ohio, brass fittings from Pennsylvania, and the wood they get is from Missouri... damn, too bad they manufacture them in NJ... because if we boycott the buying of Henry rifles that would also hurt manufacturing in states that are more pro 2A than NJ. The argument put forth about trying to put a hurt on the states that a firearm company is located in is bull feathers. You won't hurt the state, you'll only hurt the firearm company. And then when that firearm company is no longer in that state, the anti's will rejoice that a firearm company went down the tube. *shakes head at ridiculousness*
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  10. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    Newbie, are you serious? Is that the best you can do? I think most of the members that have posted on this topic, realize we are talking to a wall, but it is fun winding you up! I can not wait to see what your next reply will be!
    Bob half of the people that have posted in this thread have shown they would sell out fellow citizens just for a shiny or blued piece of metal.

  11. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I agree with what you said and I just saw an ad for Henry... steel from Ohio, brass fittings from Pennsylvania, and the wood they get is from Missouri... damn, too bad they manufacture them in NJ... because if we boycott the buying of Henry rifles that would also hurt manufacturing in states that are more pro 2A than NJ. The argument put forth about trying to put a hurt on the states that a firearm company is located in is bull feathers. You won't hurt the state, you'll only hurt the firearm company. And then when that firearm company is no longer in that state, the anti's will rejoice that a firearm company went down the tube. *shakes head at ridiculousness*
    Are you also a sale-out?

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast