Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

1. I would buy from any manufacturer as long as it had the features and fit I was looking for and was legal to own period
    Sent from my LG-P999 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    How stupid is this comment? Guess what, California is no different than any other states that have the same restrictions. You're an Idiot.
    Yet another dumb ass comment North Carolina doesn't have the same restriction as California

We are no different than any other states they have the same restrictions.
    Can you compare hind that? Stop shoot those blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    We are no different than any other states they have the same restrictions. However that's changing
    The bill, approved in a Senate Judiciary committee, still requires a permit to carry concealed handguns but expands the places that those weapons can be taken: all educational property, not just public colleges and universities as an earlier version proposed; private schools, unless they prohibit weapons; parades and funeral processions, unless they’re expressly prohibited. Cities and counties would not be allowed to ban firearms on greenways but could continue to do so on athletic fields.

Read more here: RALEIGH: NC bill would do away with handgun permits | State Politics | NewsObserver.com

Pat McCrory is not an unknown he's pro gun but likes to build shinny new trains. I have an advantage because I live near Charlotte.
    Just because it was published in a newspaper does not mean that it stands a snowball's chance in hell of becoming law.

The NCSA has far too much influence, and if the house passes and sends it to the governor, he will fold like a cheap lawn chair and veto. McCrory is a self-serving politician, republican in name only. He is in deep political debt to those that helped him get elected.

I don't know where you come up with McCrory being pro-gun, he has no record or position to base that on. What did McCrory do as mayor that was pro-gun? Nothing! The "R" by his name is meaningless. If he is pro anything, it is "pro-McCrory". No way in hell can he be labeled as pro-gun, he refuses to answer any questions about his 2A position, has stated "I think we have enough gun laws" and signed only one gun bill that only prevents the destruction of seized guns.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Which does NOTHING to change our 2A rights. While I support the position, it was done merely to poke a finger in the eye of the democrats in the Whitehouse.

Perhaps you don't understand what a "resolution" is;

A political body (house, senate, etc) use resolutions for two purposes.

• First, resolutions express their consensus on matters of public policy: lawmakers routinely deliver criticism or support on a broad range of social issues, legal rights, court opinions, and even decisions by the Executive Branch.
    • Second, they pass resolutions for internal, administrative purposes. Resolutions are not laws; they differ fundamentally in their purpose. However, under certain circumstances resolutions can have the effect of law.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Yet another dumb ass comment North Carolina doesn't have the same restriction as California

We are no different than any other states they have the same restrictions.
    Can you compare hind that? Stop shoot those blanks.
    OK, I'm done. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Just because it was published in a newspaper does not mean that it stands a snowball's chance in hell of becoming law.

The NCSA has far too much influence, and if the house passes and sends it to the governor, he will fold like a cheap lawn chair and veto. McCrory is a self-serving politician, republican in name only. He is in deep political debt to those that helped him get elected.

I don't know where you come up with McCrory being pro-gun, he has no record or position to base that on. What did McCrory do as mayor that was pro-gun? Nothing! The "R" by his name is meaningless. If he is pro anything, it is "pro-McCrory". No way in hell can he be labeled as pro-gun, he refuses to answer any questions about his 2A position, has stated "I think we have enough gun laws" and signed only one gun bill that only prevents the destruction of seized guns.
    I don't know where you come up with McCrory being pro-gun, he has no record or position to base that on.
    I live 20 miles north of Charlotte I worked in Charlotte all through his time as mayor

Now whose speculating? You already said you did not know anything about his second amendment position. Unlike you I have the advantage of living near Charlotte with out living in Charlotte. He was a good mayor and sit's the record for election wins even in a democratic held city. But don't take my word how about the NRA?

Pat McCrory (R)
    Grade: A
    A Solidly pro-gun candidate. A candidate who has supported NRA positions on key votes in elective office or a candidate with a demonstrated record of support on Second Amendment issues.

What the Grades Mean:

The NRA-PVF is non-partisan in issuing its candidate grades and endorsements. We do not base our decisions on a candidate's party affiliation, but rather on his or her record on Second Amendment issues. The NRA is a single issue organization. The only issues on which we evaluate candidates seeking elected office are gun-related issues.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I put the muttonhead on ignore after my last post yesterday, but since someone quoted him, I'm amazed to see that he's "....shown that North Carolina is by far one of the most supportive second amendment states their is." I completely missed where he "showed" any such thing. Basically, being in the process of trying to correct anti-gun laws is apparently what qualifies a state to claim to be "one of the most supportive 2A states 'their' is." That is some truly twisted pretzel logic right there.

To the rest of you guys, especially XD40 and whodat, it seems like you understand this, but I want to clarify a thing or two. I have nothing against NC because of their gun laws or any other sections of law. Sometimes pokin' a stick at a polecat is just really entertaining, so I used NC's restrictive laws as the stick since there was nothing good on TV yesterday. LOL In short though, I don't generally break down usurpations of constitutional rights to a state-by-state evaluation. I get why someone living in a state with big-time restrictions would spend their energies trying to change it, but generally, my focus stays on the wider issue of constitutional law. To me, all 2A activists and advocates should be demanding that wherever laws go counter to the 2A, we should (literally) make it a federal case, just like it would almost automatically be if, for instance, there were heavy restrictions on the press in a given state. So I'm totally with y'all in NC (and everywhere else), but I wish we were better-focused as a nation on eliminating the authority of individual states to infringe upon a constitutionally-enumerated right of The People.

That said, there is good news from your neighbor to the SW....

Some of the things your legislature is dealing with right now have been successfully dealt with here in Bama over the last several years, culminating in the passage of a new, much less ambiguous omnibus firearms section of the Alabama Code than we previously had. The new law takes effect two weeks from last Thursday, on Aug. 1st. It really doesn't change much because, unlike the absurd assertion made above, Alabama really did have one of the best set of gun laws in the nation before the new one was passed. What the new law does do, and what was needed to push us closer to the top of the list (under Vermont), was to switch from May Issue to Shall Issue. Instead of stopping just at that change, an appeals process was added for anyone who was deemed ineligible to benefit from Shall Issue status, and even when it was May Issue, there wasn't an appeal process. The only negative that I'm not sure whether or not it got changed, is that current law prohibits carrying at "demonstrations." I'm pretty sure it didn't get dropped. It makes it real hard to organize, say, an open carry "event," as it's left up to each individual sheriff to decide whether or not the "event" amounts to a "demonstration." Tea Party events are definitely prohibited for carry. Town Hall meetings, political fund raisers etc. etc. are all prohibited under current law. Otherwise, we have the fewest location-restrictions that I'm aware of across the country.

Main reason I wanted to mention our new law was to offer a little bit of optimism for NC being able to achieve success even though, apparently, there are "poison pills" in the current version. One thing we have always had was a very strong state preemption law that prevents local or county government from passing firearms laws of any kind. The early versions of the new law tried to put a stake through the heart of that protection for gun owners and gun businesses. In the end, we won. The law not only is still intact, it was made stronger in the new law. It was gun owners who made that happen. It can happen. Keep at it, hope it works out for y'all.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    OK, I'm done. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
    That's funny, Udunce thought California had the same restriction as North Carolina. As I said North Carolina is no different than any other state with the same restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I put the muttonhead on ignore after my last post yesterday, but since someone quoted him, I'm amazed to see that he's "....shown that North Carolina is by far one of the most supportive second amendment states their is." I completely missed where he "showed" any such thing. Basically, being in the process of trying to correct anti-gun laws is apparently what qualifies a state to claim to be "one of the most supportive 2A states 'their' is." That is some truly twisted pretzel logic right there.

To the rest of you guys, especially XD40 and whodat, it seems like you understand this, but I want to clarify a thing or two. I have nothing against NC because of their gun laws or any other sections of law. Sometimes pokin' a stick at a polecat is just really entertaining, so I used NC's restrictive laws as the stick since there was nothing good on TV yesterday. LOL In short though, I don't generally break down usurpations of constitutional rights to a state-by-state evaluation. I get why someone living in a state with big-time restrictions would spend their energies trying to change it, but generally, my focus stays on the wider issue of constitutional law. To me, all 2A activists and advocates should be demanding that wherever laws go counter to the 2A, we should (literally) make it a federal case, just like it would almost automatically be if, for instance, there were heavy restrictions on the press in a given state. So I'm totally with y'all in NC (and everywhere else), but I wish we were better-focused as a nation on eliminating the authority of individual states to infringe upon a constitutionally-enumerated right of The People.

That said, there is good news from your neighbor to the SW....

Some of the things your legislature is dealing with right now have been successfully dealt with here in Bama over the last several years, culminating in the passage of a new, much less ambiguous omnibus firearms section of the Alabama Code than we previously had. The new law takes effect two weeks from last Thursday, on Aug. 1st. It really doesn't change much because, unlike the absurd assertion made above, Alabama really did have one of the best set of gun laws in the nation before the new one was passed. What the new law does do, and what was needed to push us closer to the top of the list (under Vermont), was to switch from May Issue to Shall Issue. Instead of stopping just at that change, an appeals process was added for anyone who was deemed ineligible to benefit from Shall Issue status, and even when it was May Issue, there wasn't an appeal process. The only negative that I'm not sure whether or not it got changed, is that current law prohibits carrying at "demonstrations." I'm pretty sure it didn't get dropped. It makes it real hard to organize, say, an open carry "event," as it's left up to each individual sheriff to decide whether or not the "event" amounts to a "demonstration." Tea Party events are definitely prohibited for carry. Town Hall meetings, political fund raisers etc. etc. are all prohibited under current law. Otherwise, we have the fewest location-restrictions that I'm aware of across the country.

Main reason I wanted to mention our new law was to offer a little bit of optimism for NC being able to achieve success even though, apparently, there are "poison pills" in the current version. One thing we have always had was a very strong state preemption law that prevents local or county government from passing firearms laws of any kind. The early versions of the new law tried to put a stake through the heart of that protection for gun owners and gun businesses. In the end, we won. The law not only is still intact, it was made stronger in the new law. It was gun owners who made that happen. It can happen. Keep at it, hope it works out for y'all.

Blues
    Hey dumb ass did you by chance read the link you posted from guns and Ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Which does NOTHING to change our 2A rights. While I support the position, it was done merely to poke a finger in the eye of the democrats in the Whitehouse.

Perhaps you don't understand what a "resolution" is;

A political body (house, senate, etc) use resolutions for two purposes.

• First, resolutions express their consensus on matters of public policy: lawmakers routinely deliver criticism or support on a broad range of social issues, legal rights, court opinions, and even decisions by the Executive Branch.
    • Second, they pass resolutions for internal, administrative purposes. Resolutions are not laws; they differ fundamentally in their purpose. However, under certain circumstances resolutions can have the effect of law.
    You missed the point. But anyway did I say that was a law?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast