Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 2
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 218

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by 7yFQQd View Post
    I agree with you, but most American gun owners and manufacturers don't, because for them it's mostly about the money rather than 2A ideology.
    If the manufacturers could make just as much money with all civilian gun ownership banned, they wouldn't care if the government were trying to ban it.

    As for them being the “last bastions” in anti-2A states, we know how worthless all the manufacturers in CT, MA, NY have been in that fight – the biggest names in the industry – Colt, Mossberg, Ruger, S&W, Remington, Kimber are all in the most anti-gun states. Even the National Sports Shooting Foundation is in Newtown, CT, and continues to spend money there, and hasn't mentioned moving.

    Most American gun owners don't care that their gun is made in an anti-gun state. The truth is that Glocks, Norincos, Saigas, HK's, most other guns are made in anti-gun states. They are just outside the United States. Not only do those states see 2A as American lunacy, the jobs to make those guns are obviously not in pro-gun states either. Yet, most of our fellow “pro-2A” gun owners are buying them Glocks like hot cakes!

    Check their laws: Gun Policy Facts and News With the exception of places like Switzerland and Brazil, most of the guns in world and most of the ones Americans now own were made in anti-gun states inside and outside the United States.

    I agree with you, but most American gun owners don't, because the money and what they can get for it is much more important to them then 2A.
    I'll go with a Hi Point beofre I'll go with any of the firearms that are made in anti gun states.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Noone is living in a dream state except the OP.

    The gun manufacturers don't make the politics for the states that they've built their businesses in, but generally, for monitary and other practical purposes, they do have to continue doing business in them....

    Moving a large corporation is a massive undertaking, and could easily spell financial ruin, at least in the short term. These are usually large corporations and have trusted, long-term employees who have extended families they just can't leave, even if the company would finance the move. These companies also have established, local outsource suppliers, as well as trade routes that have been used for decades...none of which are easily or quickly re-established.

    The few gun-related businesses that have moved to different states, most likely had no choice but to do so, if they wanted to continue trading legally ... and I'd guess that all of them wished they weren't forced to make that move to a new state.

    It is suggested that we do not purchase a quality gun from a gun manufacturer in a politically unfavorable jurisdiction.... so, in taking this premise further down your path of righteousness, am I supposed to get rid of my previously obtained Remington guns (?) My Colt Guns (?) or my Henrys, in order to show resolve in my solidarity and idealism, that we as gun owners seriously want these gun making companies to leave their states and head towards more favorable pro-gun political jurisdictions, "OR ELSE!"?

    Next we'll have to be organizing the boycotting of clothing products, food products, or drink products because of the anti-gun politics in those manufacturer's home states.... 'Hey lets boycott Coors beer because Colorado has unfavorable gun politics!' ... it just doesn't work for me...

    No. The whole premise of holding any type of manufacturer responsible for their home state's political theater is ludicrous.

    ...but, that's just my 2~3 cents worth...

  4. most guns are made in anti-gun states

    Quote Originally Posted by 7yFQQd View Post
    I agree with you, but most American gun owners and manufacturers don't, because for them it's mostly about the money rather than 2A ideology.
    If the manufacturers could make just as much money with all civilian gun ownership banned, they wouldn't care if the government were trying to ban it.

    As for them being the “last bastions” in anti-2A states, we know how worthless all the manufacturers in CT, MA, NY have been in that fight – the biggest names in the industry – Colt, Mossberg, Ruger, S&W, Remington, Kimber are all in the most anti-gun states. Even the National Sports Shooting Foundation is in Newtown, CT, and continues to spend money there, and hasn't mentioned moving.

    Most American gun owners don't care that their gun is made in an anti-gun state. The truth is that Glocks, Norincos, Saigas, HK's, most other guns are made in anti-gun states. They are just outside the United States. Not only do those states see 2A as American lunacy, the jobs to make those guns are obviously not in pro-gun states either. Yet, most of our fellow “pro-2A” gun owners are buying them Glocks like hot cakes!

    Check their laws: Gun Policy Facts and News With the exception of places like Switzerland and Brazil, most of the guns in world and most of the ones Americans now own were made in anti-gun states inside and outside the United States.

    I agree with you, but most American gun owners don't, because the money and what they can get for it is much more important to them then 2A.
    Just to clarify, I meant that I agree with the OP, not with the people who say it doesn't matter and just buy whatever from wherever.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by 7yFQQd View Post
    Just to clarify, I meant that I agree with the OP, not with the people who say it doesn't matter and just buy whatever from wherever.
    Keep going with the status quo we will continue to be **** on every time. Time to put our foot down and say enough is enough. Because elected officials only react when their is no money for them to take. And if we continue to think the election process will work out for us we are wrong it hasn't in the last 30 years. Bloomberg bought his election he wasn't supposed to be allowed to run again but here he is. I wonder how it feels to live in a state that makes a firearm that you can't buy in your state?

  6. For most short-sighted US gun owners "It's all about ME."

    Quote Originally Posted by Almost_Blameless View Post
    ...
    The gun manufacturers don't make the politics for the states that they've built their businesses in, but generally, for monitary and other practical purposes, they do have to continue doing business in them....

    Moving a large corporation is a massive undertaking, and could easily spell financial ruin, at least in the short term. These are usually large corporations and have trusted, long-term employees who have extended families they just can't leave, even if the company would finance the move. These companies also have established, local outsource suppliers, as well as trade routes that have been used for decades...none of which are easily or quickly re-established.
    ...
    ...it just doesn't work for me...

    No. The whole premise of holding any type of manufacturer responsible for their home state's political theater is ludicrous.
    Strange how most of American manufacturing has moved not only out of state, but out of the country, even though you say moving is ruinously expensive, and long-term employees, suppliers and "trade routes" are not easily re-established...

    As a republican president named Eisenhower told you 60 years ago, America is a corporatocracy, where the political theater is controlled by the military-industrial complex, of which the firearm manufacturers are primary members! They could influence any state's laws, if they want, and do so all the time.

    The truth though is that they don't give a crap about your 2A rights, long-term employees and suppliers, because it's all about the profits for them. Capitalism has no moral basis. So, the only thing they understand is boycotts, because that's the only way we can affect their profits.

    You really could have limited your whole argument against the OP in just one sentence you wrote above "it just doesn't work for me..." In the finest American tradition, for you "It's all about ME." That's the same for a lot of gun owners, and the main reason their, your and our 2A rights will eventually be sold out.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    I'll go with a Hi Point beofre I'll go with any of the firearms that are made in anti gun states.
    And I'll go with a sharp stick and a rock before any "Hi-Point"!!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by 7yFQQd View Post
    Strange how most of American manufacturing has moved not only out of state, but out of the country, even though you say moving is ruinously expensive, and long-term employees, suppliers and "trade routes" are not easily re-established...

    As a republican president named Eisenhower told you 60 years ago, America is a corporatocracy, where the political theater is controlled by the military-industrial complex, of which the firearm manufacturers are primary members! They could influence any state's laws, if they want, and do so all the time.

    The truth though is that they don't give a crap about your 2A rights, long-term employees and suppliers, because it's all about the profits for them. Capitalism has no moral basis. So, the only thing they understand is boycotts, because that's the only way we can affect their profits.

    You really could have limited your whole argument against the OP in just one sentence you wrote above "it just doesn't work for me..." In the finest American tradition, for you "It's all about ME." That's the same for a lot of gun owners, and the main reason their, your and our 2A rights will eventually be sold out.
    True so very true.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    And I'll go with a sharp stick and a rock before any "Hi-Point"!!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    That's where you will lose. It's my EDC and will continue to be.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Time for you to wake up gun owners.

  11. Hi-Point

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    I'll go with a Hi Point beofre I'll go with any of the firearms that are made in anti gun states.
    Agreed. Turns out Hi-Point is much better than their reputation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq7WdB-0LA
    If they improved their trigger a little, and reduced the size and weight, they might actually be much more successful. And I guess, OH can be considered a pro-2A state.

    And now, some of the best foreign guns, such as FN and Sig are made in pro-2A states, such as SC and NH. FN is still headquartered in an anti-gun state, but so are Ruger, S&W, and Colt.
    Last edited by 7yFQQd; 07-19-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: mistake

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast