Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 218

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Last time I checked, when I bought a gun, the taxes I paid on it were from the state that sold the gun. If you want to "vote with your wallet" then only buy used guns from your buddy's so there are no taxes.
    -
    Another point is that if you buy a Kel-tec (made in FL) is that OK? I know there probably aren't many steel mills in FL, so where are they getting their metal from? You can take this down to the least common denominator and somewhere down the line you are probably "giving money" to an anti-gun state.
    -
    Those state tax dollars may go to an anti-gun agenda, but the percentage would be so small after you factor in roads and bridges, schools, exorbitant pensions etc. that it would make no difference. How exactly is that money getting to the agenda anyway, other than going into the salaries of the legislators in that state (which they will even receive if the state is in deficit)?
    We actually do have steel mills in Florida. And foundries too. As for where they get their metal from, Japan, Germany, Korea, England, USA, Italy, and a few others for the mills. They make a lot of rebar in Florida and it comes from all the scrapped car we crush.

    Now as far as NC goes, it is anti-gun as if you have any restrictions on buying. That is anti-gun by definition. Florida has a waiting period between purchase and pickup in some counties if you don't have a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. But there is no permit needed to buy and no mandatory training required. Even if you get rid of your permit to buy, you still are anti-gun by the training requirement.

    As far as the gun makers moving out of certain anti-gun states, take a look around. Colt is moving some manufacturing out of anti-gun states. As are others. Just it is very hard to setup a new plant and just up and move. By the way, take a look at the new Gen 3 Glock 19s. Made in Smynra, GA. Colt now has plants in Texas and Florida along with other plants.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  2.   
  3. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    If I buy a Ruger (made in the anti gun state of Connecticut) I'm at least supporting an American company that hires Americans who'll spend their money right here in America. If I buy a Desert Eagle or a Glock (both good guns, by the way), America can kiss that money goodbye. That's how I look at it.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Plus, that little LC9 is a great pocket gun. I use it because it best suits my needs. I pocket carry most of the time. Why would I give it up just because the pols in CT want to deny people's rights? It's still the best gun for me personally.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #193
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    We actually do have steel mills in Florida. And foundries too. As for where they get their metal from, Japan, Germany, Korea, England, USA, Italy, and a few others for the mills. They make a lot of rebar in Florida and it comes from all the scrapped car we crush.

    Now as far as NC goes, it is anti-gun as if you have any restrictions on buying. That is anti-gun by definition. Florida has a waiting period between purchase and pickup in some counties if you don't have a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. But there is no permit needed to buy and no mandatory training required. Even if you get rid of your permit to buy, you still are anti-gun by the training requirement.

    As far as the gun makers moving out of certain anti-gun states, take a look around. Colt is moving some manufacturing out of anti-gun states. As are others. Just it is very hard to setup a new plant and just up and move. By the way, take a look at the new Gen 3 Glock 19s. Made in Smynra, GA. Colt now has plants in Texas and Florida along with other plants.
    Now as far as NC goes, it is anti-gun as if you have any restrictions on buying.
    What state doesn't have restrictions? Name one? Don't be an ass.

    But there is no permit needed to buy and no mandatory training required. Even if you get rid of your permit to buy, you still are anti-gun by the training requirement.
    You do not need a permit to own a handgun, you need a purchase permit to buy a handgun from a FFL, and the founders would approve of the firearms requirement After all isn't that the argument of well regulated?

  5. #194
    bigrebnc1861, you asked, "Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?" You followed that with your opinion why you felt that way. That is all well and good. You are very passionate on this topic, and that is good. I know I have not been on this forum as long as others. I learned of this forum from the instructor in my CCP training, and registered here after my CCP arrived in the mail. I joined to find like minded people. Before I joined, I was here in Wisconsin writing letters to my State Legislators and our anti gun Governor. I attended pro gun rallies and debated my views with others. The legislators passed the CCP law, but the Governor vetoed the law. We voted in a new pro gun Governor, and soon got our CCP law. Not the law I wanted, but better than before. Most States are anti gun to some degree, with some kind of rule or regulation on my 2nd Amendment right. Many members replied to your thread, with facts to support their opinions. Taxes are not a donation. If you could prove that the gun manufactures were giving political donations to the anti gun politicians, I would not buy a gun from them either. Your heart is in the right place, but you are blaming the wrong people. You need to direct your views at the anti gun politicians. Companies are not as rich as you seem to believe. Gun manufactures have the anti gun crowd coming at them from all angles. They do not need to fight us too. It would be very expensive for an individual to pick up and move to another State. For a company to do that even more so. The harm done to their work force not good either. The company could end up closing do to over leveraged debt. We do not need to fight with each other, or the companies that make the products we want. We need to fight the anti gun politicians, and the people that support them. It is the job of the individual States residents to make these changes. Sometimes there is nothing we can do but pray these States will come to their senses and do the right thing. Sometimes we are helpless.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

  6. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post

    You do not need a permit to own a handgun, you need a purchase permit to buy a handgun from a FFL, and the founders would approve of the firearms requirement After all isn't that the argument of well regulated?
    And private sales, or gifts;
    All handgun transfers in North Carolina, whether through a dealer or via private sale, or presented as a gift, require that the intended recipient of the handgun obtain a Pistol Purchase Permit from his/her local Sheriff. You must go to your Sheriff, apply for a Pistol Purchase Permit (one per handgun you wish to purchase), and pay a $5 fee. When you take possession of the handgun you must present the Permit to the seller, who is required to retain it forever. If a Pistol Purchase Permit is not presented, both the buyer and the seller can be convicted of a Class I Misdemeanor.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  7. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    What state doesn't have restrictions? Name one? Don't be an ass.


    You do not need a permit to own a handgun, you need a purchase permit to buy a handgun from a FFL, and the founders would approve of the firearms requirement After all isn't that the argument of well regulated?
    You have things confused. Buying the gun with a permit is anti-gun. It is a permission slip from the your state's gov't. So it amounts to a privilege and not a right in your state. The founders did not say you had to have training to buy a gun. They said that training was a requirement of the militia. They did not say that a person over 45 had to give up their guns. They did not say that a person over 45 could not buy a gun without the state's permission. Your state has set that rule. That puts your state in the same territory as the anti-guns states where many handguns are made.

    You also are a state that requires you to tell a LEO if you are concealed carrying without being asked. That is anti-gun too. Can't carry into a financial institution. Again, anti-gun. Can't have a gun while watching a parade, anti-gun.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  8. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Aren't you doing the same thing? talking **** behind a computer screen something you would not do face too face? You don't know me, but I do know me.
    g g g g gangsta!

  9. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,422
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    And private sales, or gifts;
    All handgun transfers in North Carolina, whether through a dealer or via private sale, or presented as a gift, require that the intended recipient of the handgun obtain a Pistol Purchase Permit from his/her local Sheriff. You must go to your Sheriff, apply for a Pistol Purchase Permit (one per handgun you wish to purchase), and pay a $5 fee. When you take possession of the handgun you must present the Permit to the seller, who is required to retain it forever. If a Pistol Purchase Permit is not presented, both the buyer and the seller can be convicted of a Class I Misdemeanor.


    Wow. So every single weapon sold or transferred has a permanent record attached to it. What difference is there between that system and a full-on registration system? None that I can see. But bigreb thinks he lives in one of the best 2A states, and flat out refuses to hear that he's wildly mistaken about that, even from fellow residents. Weird.

    BTW, Alabama has no restrictions on buying firearms. The restrictions we are limited to are the federal restrictions. Bama may have laws that mimic the .gov laws, but any weapon that's legal to buy at the federal level, is legal to buy here, and there is no impediment to completing the transaction other than the NICS 4473 form (federal) or the relatively rare NFA (also federal) transactions.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  10. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You have things confused. Buying the gun with a permit is anti-gun. It is a permission slip from the your state's gov't. So it amounts to a privilege and not a right in your state. The founders did not say you had to have training to buy a gun. They said that training was a requirement of the militia. They did not say that a person over 45 had to give up their guns. They did not say that a person over 45 could not buy a gun without the state's permission. Your state has set that rule. That puts your state in the same territory as the anti-guns states where many handguns are made.

    You also are a state that requires you to tell a LEO if you are concealed carrying without being asked. That is anti-gun too. Can't carry into a financial institution. Again, anti-gun. Can't have a gun while watching a parade, anti-gun.
    Well then all states are anti gun.

  11. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    g g g g gangsta!
    my [email protected]

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast