Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 21
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

Wow. So every single weapon sold or transferred has a permanent record attached to it. What difference is there between that system and a full-on registration system? None that I can see. But bigreb thinks he lives in one of the best 2A states, and flat out refuses to hear that he's wildly mistaken about that, even from fellow residents. Weird.

BTW, Alabama has no restrictions on buying firearms. The restrictions we are limited to are the federal restrictions. Bama may have laws that mimic the .gov laws, but any weapon that's legal to buy at the federal level, is legal to buy here, and there is no impediment to completing the transaction other than the NICS 4473 form (federal) or the relatively rare NFA (also federal) transactions.

Blues
    So every single weapon sold or transferred has a permanent record attached to it.
    No you are wrong, dumb ass let's see if someone else will tell you that. and according to S&W645 all states are anti gun.
    Still bitter about being shown for the hack that you are for using that out of date link and for being shown you did not read the guns and ammo link you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    And private sales, or gifts;
    Thanks, how many have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    bigrebnc1861, you asked, "Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?" You followed that with your opinion why you felt that way. That is all well and good. You are very passionate on this topic, and that is good. I know I have not been on this forum as long as others. I learned of this forum from the instructor in my CCP training, and registered here after my CCP arrived in the mail. I joined to find like minded people. Before I joined, I was here in Wisconsin writing letters to my State Legislators and our anti gun Governor. I attended pro gun rallies and debated my views with others. The legislators passed the CCP law, but the Governor vetoed the law. We voted in a new pro gun Governor, and soon got our CCP law. Not the law I wanted, but better than before. Most States are anti gun to some degree, with some kind of rule or regulation on my 2nd Amendment right. Many members replied to your thread, with facts to support their opinions. Taxes are not a donation. If you could prove that the gun manufactures were giving political donations to the anti gun politicians, I would not buy a gun from them either. Your heart is in the right place, but you are blaming the wrong people. You need to direct your views at the anti gun politicians. Companies are not as rich as you seem to believe. Gun manufactures have the anti gun crowd coming at them from all angles. They do not need to fight us too. It would be very expensive for an individual to pick up and move to another State. For a company to do that even more so. The harm done to their work force not good either. The company could end up closing do to over leveraged debt. We do not need to fight with each other, or the companies that make the products we want. We need to fight the anti gun politicians, and the people that support them. It is the job of the individual States residents to make these changes. Sometimes there is nothing we can do but pray these States will come to their senses and do the right thing. Sometimes we are helpless.
    Thanks, but I've pointed out voting doesn't work anymore, the only means we have to address these anti gun people are in the wallet of it's source. Cut their funds (tax revenue) and you'll see real changes.

I don't see why everybody is all upset over this suggestion because some firearm makers have moved

Firearms Company Relocating To North Texas CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
    Kahr Arms is Yet Another Gun Company Moving Out of a Gun Control Restricted State
    According to a report from the NSSF, Connecticut stands to lose 1,768 jobs, $13.5 million in business tax revenue and $450 million in economic activity if Colt, Mossberg & Sons and Stag Arms move elsewhere.

Read more: Gun Makers Packing Their Bags as States Consider Bans | Fox Business

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    I don't see why everybody is all upset over this suggestion because some firearm makers have moved
    According to a report from the NSSF, Connecticut stands to lose 1,768 jobs, $13.5 million in business tax revenue and $450 million in economic activity if Colt, Mossberg & Sons and Stag Arms move elsewhere.
    Agreed, I applaud them for moving. Stag and PTR are moving to Myrtle Beach SC. Did you know that they had several meetings with the Governor to get incentives such as "new business" tax-breaks so they could move? The ones moving are also smaller manufacturers. Rumor had it that Ruger was moving to Myrtle Beach, turns out their profit's are so good they are expanding and building ANOTHER plant there. So they are expanding to another gun friendly state (already in AZ and NH) rather than building a plant in CT.
    -
    Also, in your rant about the Guns and Ammo rankings and your blathering about it being based on the number of gun owners you didn't take the time (or don't have the ability) to read the beginning of the article where it states
    "States were measured on gun rights/friendliness to gun owners by the following criteria:

CCW/Open Carry: Only states that don’t require a permit for concealed or open carry scored a perfect 10 in this category. Everybody else was judged accordingly.
    MSRs: States with no restrictions on the kind, type or number of modern sporting rifles (ARs, AKs, etc.) that can be owned or purchased scored a 10 in this category.
    Class 3/NFA: The majority of states allow their citizens to own Class 3/NFA-type firearms (machine guns, suppressors, short-barreled rifles, etc.), provided they follow the federal licensing standard, but not every state is yea or nay.
    Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground: States’ scores were determined based on how strong your the law is regarding self-defense in and out of the home, and whether in the right you’re immune from civil prosecution.
    Miscellaneous: How pro-gun the state culture is has a lot to do with scoring in this category. Scores are based on the percentage of gun owners in the state, if there are any restrictions on gun or ammunition purchases or magazine capacity, pending pro- or anti-gun legislation, CCW reciprocity, and any restrictions on guns that not covered in the other categories.
    Chief

Well then all states are anti gun.
    And if you admit to that, what difference will it make if you buy from State A or State B. Some states are just less restrictive but all really are anti-gun to some degree.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Blog Entries
    There are just as many communist in America as their are in Russia. Does that make America a communist country?
    What makes Russia a communist country is their communist government. The population of communists citizens in Russia is irrelevant. Did you even make it to 5th grade??

Blog Entries
    How dare anybody disagree with libreb! Shame on you all!

Blog Entries
    No you are wrong, dumb ass let's see if someone else will tell you that. and according to S&W645 all states are anti gun.
    Still bitter about being shown for the hack that you are for using that out of date link and for being shown you did not read the guns and ammo link you posted.
    You got a big mouth. Bet you wouldn't call anyone on this site "dumbass" to their face. We all carry guns. Did you think that yours was the only gun ever made? Did you get it at a pawn shop? I bet you got it at a pawn shop.

Well then all states are anti gun.
    Now you're getting it. The permit system in and of itself is anti-gun. Every state that issues permits also has legal provisions for denying, suspending or revoking that permit. North Carolina won't allow you to go to a parade on a public street with a gun. Some states prohibit guns in banks, churches, public transportation, etc. All supposed gun-friendly states.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast