Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

Quote Originally Posted by 7yFQQd View Post
    Agreed. Turns out Hi-Point is much better than their reputation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq7WdB-0LA
    If they improved their trigger a little, and reduced the size and weight, they might actually be much more successful. And I guess, OH can be considered a pro-2A state.

And now, some of the best foreign guns, such as FN and Sig are made in pro-2A states, such as SC and NH. FN is still headquartered in an anti-gun state, but so are Ruger, S&W, and Colt.
    True have you tried the 4595? it's more than something that goes bang.

4. A new approach is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Time for you to wake up gun owners.
    As I mentioned, I think most of our fellow "pro-2A" gun owners and manufacturers disagree with us, which precludes also what I think could reverse the situation.

Supposedly, even according to the anti-gun lobby, the NRA is so powerful that most politicians are afraid to oppose it. If the NRA and GOA would use that power to lobby in a federal law that prohibits any gun manufacturer to sell to any state agency any firearm that's not available to law-abiding civilians, that would fundamentally change the whole American 2A equation.

All of a sudden the US gun makers would be falling over themselves to lobby against any state gun bans, and against the NFA 1986 restrictions. We would see how much power they actually DO have to influence gun laws.

However, that kind of a scenario is impossible, because as you can see in this thread and in any other forum, most gun owners don't agree with the OP, and content to remain on the defensive trying to protect the 2A rights still left, and focus on the short term. The NRA is doing the same. There is no critical mass to change the status quo if all the powerful gun groups are content to stay on the defensive.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    True have you tried the 4595? it's more than something that goes bang.
    Have not. Perhaps, some day. These days, it's too expensive to shoot even the guns I already have...

Have not. Perhaps, some day. These days, it's too expensive to shoot even the guns I already have...
    I don't seem to be have the ammo problem most others are having. People I work with come to me when they are short on ammo. I had a guy that works for me looking for 303 I found it locally in two different places and cheaper than what he pays for. I will add the people I work with aren't local they are out of state or live in other cities miles away. The local acadmey sports had about 1000 rounds of 9mm sitting on the counter as of today. I ALSO BOUGHT 7.62X39 223 AND 45 ACP brass

As I mentioned, I think most of our fellow "pro-2A" gun owners and manufacturers disagree with us, which precludes also what I think could reverse the situation.

Supposedly, even according to the anti-gun lobby, the NRA is so powerful that most politicians are afraid to oppose it. If the NRA and GOA would use that power to lobby in a federal law that prohibits any gun manufacturer to sell to any state agency any firearm that's not available to law-abiding civilians, that would fundamentally change the whole American 2A equation.

All of a sudden the US gun makers would be falling over themselves to lobby against any state gun bans, and against the NFA 1986 restrictions. We would see how much power they actually DO have to influence gun laws.

However, that kind of a scenario is impossible, because as you can see in this thread and in any other forum, most gun owners don't agree with the OP, and content to remain on the defensive trying to protect the 2A rights still left, and focus on the short term. The NRA is doing the same. There is no critical mass to change the status quo if all the powerful gun groups are content to stay on the defensive.
    Bingo

I did not read all the posts, but I feel a bit confused. How can somebody rightfully call a gun manufacturer, "anti-gun"? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard anybody say.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmc View Post
    I did not read all the posts, but I feel a bit confused. How can somebody rightfully call a gun manufacturer, "anti-gun"? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard anybody say.
    I'll give you a chance to re-read before commenting.

Answer this: I am a big Ruger fan. I am not a rich person (i.e. military) but they have weapons that are well made, reliable and inexpensive. I have three pistols and a rifle made by them. All my pistols say "Ruger.Prescott.AZ.USA" on them, and the rifle says Newport, NH. My question is that since their corporate office is in CT am I good or evil?

11. That good old NFA feeling! :)

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    I wonder how it feels to live in a state that makes a firearm that you can't buy in your state?
    Every citizen who lives in a state where NFA-restricted firearms are made already knows how it feels. Most are just used to that being the normal feeling they've always known, because it's been there for as long as they can remember - almost 30 years!

If you want to refresh the feeling, walk into any gun store in any state, and tell them you wish to legally buy an automatic M4 rifle that the military, LE, and your state's National Guard routinely uses today. :)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast