Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 6
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 218

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Notice? I'm a significant investor in both Ruger and S&W. I'm up close to 30%. I don't care where they're located. Principals don't feed the bulldog. Besides, these companies did nothing to you. Expecting they have millions of dollars to move is as ignorant as the liberals thinking they can pay higher tax and Obamacare. Here's the graphs on investment gains. I advised posters to get in back when I did.
    .
    SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORP (SWHC:NASDAQ GS): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek
    STURM RUGER & CO INC (RGR:New York): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek
    Those company give money to those anti gun tax revenues. Does it effect me directly? Not right now but it does affect our fellow Americans fellow gun owners. And companies don't seem to have a problem picking up and moving out of the country. That dog just don't hunt.

  2.   
  3. fun

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Got to start somewhere I'll lead.
    It's fun to discuss, but a waste of time to try to lead. Even the people who are supposed to lead on this issue - the gun lobby, the NRA gave away the main 2A right more than 30 years ago - our right to be armed with the weapons a current "Militia" would have! They left us with the replicas, a.k.a. "semi-automatic rifles"! Only the agents of the State have 2A rights now!

    The NRA doesn't care, because as long as any kind of guns are legal, they will be able to milk us for donations and dues. The gun manufacturers don't care, because they make plenty of money selling to the police and militaries worldwide! The civilian money is just icing on the cake, and will be there for decades, but with decreasing mag capacity... :)

    And most of the "pro-2A" patriots in this forum are telling us point blank that they don't care if they are subsidizing anti-gun states, and anti-2A politicians, as long as they can "get theirs" - get the gun they want at the moment. They don't care how their actions will affect the next generation in the long-term.

    Even if you can convince them that the OP is right, in a matter of minutes they will convince themselves that they are not doing anything hypocritical, because they would face several unpleasant consequences otherwise. It's more fun to plan that next Glock purchase, and that custom Kimber made in the people's republic of NY... :)

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I didn't realize that I needed your permission to own weapons made in anti gun jurisdictions.
    You asked a question I gave you a response to your question. Don't want to hear the answer don't ask the question.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Those company give money to those anti gun tax revenues. Does it effect me directly? Not right now but it does affect our fellow Americans fellow gun owners. And companies don't seem to have a problem picking up and moving out of the country. That dog just don't hunt.
    That dog hunts just fine if you have an MBA. And those companies aren't GIVING money to NYS. They have no choice but to pay their taxes.
    .
    BigReb, I owned and ran a NYC based tech consulting company for 25 years. Well known and well respected. I know business, I know investing and I know money. Moving out of the country is profitable. Moving to another state isn't. You're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars to relocate. One must build and tool an entire operation and then phase-over the products to the new facility. That's double the costs, taxes and payroll until the move is complete. Such a transition would take a minimum of two years to complete. And then... the laws change in the new state and again you won't buy their products.
    .
    To those who don't want to do business with them, fine. My stock is rising either way. There just aren't enough of you to temper 50% annual investment gains.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. speaking of ignorant and self-centered rhetoric...

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    ...
    Besides, these companies did nothing to you. Expecting they have millions of dollars to move is as ignorant as the liberals thinking they can pay higher tax and Obamacare.
    ...
    Now everyone check the label on their clothes. Made in China? Malaysia? Even the NRA clothing. You want to stand for something? Stand for that. It's much more harmful to America.
    Ignorant is the right word, but more fitting for your argument. These companies did nothing significant to protect our rights either, because they know ignorant conservatives and investors will buy their products and stocks as long as they "get theirs" whatever - profits, guns - no matter what the societal consequences, and the governments will keep the big ones in business in any case.
    And they are getting very generous tax brakes and other benefit offers to move! Basically, in the long-term, it would cost them nothing, and many examples of that already exist.

    Further ignorance is thinking that clothes, vehicles, or any other thing are the same as armaments. That's why the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights is specifically about armaments, an not our clothes, or right to healthcare! And it's not 2nd by accident either!

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    That dog hunts just fine if you have an MBA. And those companies aren't GIVING money to NYS. They have no choice but to pay their taxes.
    .
    BigReb, I owned and ran a NYC based tech consulting company for 25 years. Well known and well respected. I know business, I know investing and I know money. Moving out of the country is profitable. Moving to another state isn't. You're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars to relocate. One must build and tool an entire operation and then phase-over the products to the new facility. That's double the costs, taxes and payroll until the move is complete. Such a transition would take a minimum of two years to complete. And then... the laws change in the new state and again you won't buy their products.
    .
    To those who don't want to do business with them, fine. My stock is rising either way. There just aren't enough of you to temper 50% annual investment gains.
    No that dog doesn't hunt when you say "Expecting they have millions of dollars to move" companies do it all the time.

  8. Most of the companies mentioned have been in anti-2A states for years. In most cases they could see the writing on the wall as more and more unconstitutional legislation has further eroded 2A rights. For the most part their concern is a financial one, no 2A so as long as we're buying the product they'll stay where the are.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by mclureb View Post
    Most of the companies mentioned have been in anti-2A states for years. In most cases they could see the writing on the wall as more and more unconstitutional legislation has further eroded 2A rights. For the most part their concern is a financial one, no 2A so as long as we're buying the product they'll stay where the are.
    Sure they've been in anti gun states but as times goes by those anti gun states are attacking more of the second amendment. It's time to say enough is enough and move out of those rat holes. As long as we keep buying their product the money is going into the hands of anti gunners.

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by 7yFQQd View Post
    Ignorant is the right word, but more fitting for your argument. These companies did nothing significant to protect our rights either, because they know ignorant conservatives and investors will buy their products and stocks as long as they "get theirs" whatever - profits, guns - no matter what the societal consequences, and the governments will keep the big ones in business in any case.
    And they are getting very generous tax brakes and other benefit offers to move! Basically, in the long-term, it would cost them nothing, and many examples of that already exist.

    Further ignorance is thinking that clothes, vehicles, or any other thing are the same as armaments. That's why the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights is specifically about armaments, an not our clothes, or right to healthcare! And it's not 2nd by accident either!
    You're right about how hard headed some gun owners are.

  11. speaking of ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    To say "do not buy a product, because it is made in a State that opposes your views", is ridiculous. Taxes are not a donation to a anti 2nd Amendment group! With that line of thinking, we should not buy any gun made in America. We have a anti 2nd Amendment Administration and Senate. The Federal taxes paid, are used to restrict all of are 2nd Amendment rights. If you want to boycott a business, boycott the business that donated to the Obama`s and Bloomberg`s of this country. Another fact, businesses can only stay in business if they make a profit. We should support those that are on our side. I am a proud Ruger owner, and when I purchase another gun, it will most likely be a Ruger.
    The OP point is to vote with your wallet where you can. That you can't change everything is obvious to everyone.

    The whole point of this thread is that these gun makers are donating plenty to the Obamas and Bloombergs of this country by staying in the Obama and Bloomberg supporting states!

    Ruger is not on your side. Your money is just icing on the cake for them. They would still make plenty of money from you as long as nothing but hunting rifles and cowboy guns are legal, plus they have government contracts that provide steadier profits than you ever will!

    In fact, it's a documented fact that Bill Ruger was against selling the same capacity magazines to civilians that Ruger sold to LE and military, even before the Clinton ban! That's why civilians could only buy aftermarket copies of those magazines back then. That changed only after Bill Ruger's death! How is that for being on your side?
    The Gun Zone RKBA -- William B. Ruger, Sr.'s dirty little secret
    Last edited by 7yFQQd; 07-19-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: source

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast