Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 7
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Sure they've been in anti gun states but as times goes by those anti gun states are attacking more of the second amendment. It's time to say enough is enough and move out of those rat holes. As long as we keep buying their product the money is going into the hands of anti gunners.
    As long as we buy guns made in the USA, don`t those Federal Taxes go to the hands of the anti gunners? We must fight the enemies, not our supporters. Are you saying, "Ruger and other gun makers are DONATING to the anti gunners. Fact, TAXES ARE NOT DONATIONS! Fact, COMPANIES ARE NOT AS RICH AS SOME WOULD LIKE US TO BELIEVE! IMHO your views support the anti gunners, more than our supporters. This is America, and you are entitled to your opinion.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    As long as we buy guns made in the USA, don`t those Federal Taxes go to the hands of the anti gunners? We must fight the enemies, not our supporters. Are you saying, "Ruger and other gun makers are DONATING to the anti gunners. Fact, TAXES ARE NOT DONATIONS! Fact, COMPANIES ARE NOT AS RICH AS SOME WOULD LIKE US TO BELIEVE! IMHO your views support the anti gunners, more than our supporters. This is America, and you are entitled to your opinion.
    OK what anti gun laws has the federal government approved in the last few years? You're justifying what is happening as long as those gun companies keep paying taxes in those states the anti gunners will have funds to push their agenda.

OK what anti gun laws has the federal government approved in the last few years? You're justifying what is happening as long as those gun companies keep paying taxes in those states the anti gunners will have funds to push their agenda.
    Luckily no new laws (not that they have not tried, or Executive Order), luckily the House of Representatives is not controlled by the anti gun crowd, but regulations from the BTAFE on gun dealers in the border States after the Justice Department, "Fast and Furious fiasco"! No matter where you live, your tax dollars get to the hands of anti gunners! I will let you have the last word.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    Luckily no new laws (not that they have not tried, or Executive Order), luckily the House of Representatives is not controlled by the anti gun crowd, but regulations from the BTAFE on gun dealers in the border States after the Justice Department, "Fast and Furious fiasco"! No matter where you live, your tax dollars get to the hands of anti gunners! I will let you have the last word.
    Once again it's irrelevant about what has been tried at the federal level. But at the state level more and more gun control bills are passed into laws. In the very states that some of the companies call home.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    he's wrong when was an anti gun law reversed in any anti gun state unless the federal government forced them to do it? But fine you can give your money to support those anti gun states. I will no longer do it.
    How exactly am I supporting the state of manufacture when I buy a new gun? What supports those states are the income and sales taxes that the residents pay. While some local and state corporate revenue is generated by manufacturing industries, the overwhelming tax burden on them is federal.

Not to pick a "my-state-is-better-than-yours" kind of fight, but umm....my state is much more 2nd Amendment friendly than NC. You have to have a license just to buy a gun don't you? If that's SC, my apologies, but I know you have fingerprinting and training requirements, as well as having to wait for a significant period after completing all the requirements before actually getting your permission slip in your hands. The fact is, as a resident in a highly-restricted state, you are supporting anti-gun laws in many more significant ways than a manufacturer that has no corporate voting rights, and is at the mercy of both the elected government and the voters who elect them ever has the potential to be.

While there have been widely-publicized exceptions in the fairly distant past (Ruger and S&W), the overwhelming majority of weapons manufacturers are pro-2nd Amendment all the way, and of the two that I could think of that slipped in the past, they have come back a long ways towards reclaiming that distinction. I don't get why or how it helps whatever cause you think you're promoting by punishing corporations for what laws their respective states impose upon them. I'm sure your intentions are good, but perhaps your analysis of who fits where within the big picture is just a bit skewed.

Bottom line for me: I don't collect guns per se. When I buy a gun, I have a specific purpose in mind for it. If a manufacturer out of NY or CT or CO or wherever makes the best weapon for the best value that is among the top few competitors in reliability for that class of weapon, I'm buying it. To refuse just puts manufacturers and the people they employ at even more risk than the nutjob laws they all have to live under. And how that would help the cause of restoring and/or protecting the 2nd Amendment is beyond me.

Blues

PS: I didn't read through the whole thread before posting this. If any issues I've discussed here have been resolved and/or agreed to by other posters, my apologies for repeating similar arguments. I just saw the thread and a couple or three replies and jumped in. No disrespect to anyone intended.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Blog Entries
    You asked a question I gave you a response to your question. Don't want to hear the answer don't ask the question.
    I never asked you anything...

Sent from my Clear using USA Carry mobile app

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Absurd? Really? without us they don't have a product. If you noticed the stock market on certian firearm manufactures dropped

Top Gun Makers See Drop in Stock Price
    Hows that for your opinion of Absurd?
    If you noticed, that bit of anti-gun propaganda was published on Dec. 18, 2012. Now think real hard and try to answer, what event in close chronological proximity might have influenced the ramblings of that writer for that leftist rag?

Quote Originally Posted by 7yFQQd View Post
    The argument is that these companies take our money as people of modest means, and give it to governments.....blah blah blah....
    TAKE "our" money??? First, if it's "ours," I haven't received my dividend from whatever conglomerate you're referencing here. Pay up, or limit your neveau-faux-intellectual comments to speaking only for yourself.

Second, no gun manufacturer has ever taken a damned thing from me. They have produced products that I want, need and desire and made them available for purchase under the (admittedly highly bastardized) capitalistic system we live in. Personally, I appreciate them for that.

GIVE money to their state governments? Let me guess, you got your economic education during the summer and fall of 2011 while playing urban survivalist in a tent at an Occutard Wall Street protest, right?

I mean, you have everything exactly backwards. We give our money willingly to manufacturers in exchange for goods. In the case of those manufacturers, they give money willingly to suppliers of equipment, raw materials and sub-assemblies, as well to their labor force, to make the products they offer in a competitive market, that everyone participates within in a voluntary manner.

The government takes from everyone, individual and business alike, in a coercive and punitive system that is intended to influence the winners and losers of society, businesses included.

You don't even know the language of commerce or funding of government. Why on Earth should anyone consider anything you have to say about boycotting commerce or depriving government of its funding? Was it you who said early in the thread that gun owners need to "wake up?" May I suggest you go back to sleep?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I never asked you anything...

Sent from my Clear using USA Carry mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    My mosin was made in the USSR. Who is more anti gun than the Soviets?
    Here you go as I said if you already own one that's fine plus regardless if you don't buy anymore firearms from what once was a communist country that will not change anything for that country, North Korea is a very good example.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    How exactly am I supporting the state of manufacture when I buy a new gun? What supports those states are the income and sales taxes that the residents pay. While some local and state corporate revenue is generated by manufacturing industries, the overwhelming tax burden on them is federal.

Not to pick a "my-state-is-better-than-yours" kind of fight, but umm....my state is much more 2nd Amendment friendly than NC. You have to have a license just to buy a gun don't you? If that's SC, my apologies, but I know you have fingerprinting and training requirements, as well as having to wait for a significant period after completing all the requirements before actually getting your permission slip in your hands. The fact is, as a resident in a highly-restricted state, you are supporting anti-gun laws in many more significant ways than a manufacturer that has no corporate voting rights, and is at the mercy of both the elected government and the voters who elect them ever has the potential to be.

While there have been widely-publicized exceptions in the fairly distant past (Ruger and S&W), the overwhelming majority of weapons manufacturers are pro-2nd Amendment all the way, and of the two that I could think of that slipped in the past, they have come back a long ways towards reclaiming that distinction. I don't get why or how it helps whatever cause you think you're promoting by punishing corporations for what laws their respective states impose upon them. I'm sure your intentions are good, but perhaps your analysis of who fits where within the big picture is just a bit skewed.

Bottom line for me: I don't collect guns per se. When I buy a gun, I have a specific purpose in mind for it. If a manufacturer out of NY or CT or CO or wherever makes the best weapon for the best value that is among the top few competitors in reliability for that class of weapon, I'm buying it. To refuse just puts manufacturers and the people they employ at even more risk than the nutjob laws they all have to live under. And how that would help the cause of restoring and/or protecting the 2nd Amendment is beyond me.

Blues

PS: I didn't read through the whole thread before posting this. If any issues I've discussed here have been resolved and/or agreed to by other posters, my apologies for repeating similar arguments. I just saw the thread and a couple or three replies and jumped in. No disrespect to anyone intended.
    No you don't need a license to buy a firearm in North Carolina. A purchase permit to buy a hand gun and the state is moving to get rid of that. There are now requirements to buy a firearm outside of a purchase permit in North Carolina. And training should be. As long as you keep the mentality it's ok for a gun manufacture to remain in an anti gun state and giving money too those people nothing is going to change. Money is the only leverage we have to make effective changes.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    If you noticed, that bit of anti-gun propaganda was published on Dec. 18, 2012. Now think real hard and try to answer, what event in close chronological proximity might have influenced the ramblings of that writer for that leftist rag?

TAKE "our" money??? First, if it's "ours," I haven't received my dividend from whatever conglomerate you're referencing here. Pay up, or limit your neveau-faux-intellectual comments to speaking only for yourself.

Second, no gun manufacturer has ever taken a damned thing from me. They have produced products that I want, need and desire and made them available for purchase under the (admittedly highly bastardized) capitalistic system we live in. Personally, I appreciate them for that.

GIVE money to their state governments? Let me guess, you got your economic education during the summer and fall of 2011 while playing urban survivalist in a tent at an Occutard Wall Street protest, right?

I mean, you have everything exactly backwards. We give our money willingly to manufacturers in exchange for goods. In the case of those manufacturers, they give money willingly to suppliers of equipment, raw materials and sub-assemblies, as well to their labor force, to make the products they offer in a competitive market, that everyone participates within in a voluntary manner.

The government takes from everyone, individual and business alike, in a coercive and punitive system that is intended to influence the winners and losers of society, businesses included.

You don't even know the language of commerce or funding of government. Why on Earth should anyone consider anything you have to say about boycotting commerce or depriving government of its funding? Was it you who said early in the thread that gun owners need to "wake up?" May I suggest you go back to sleep?

Blues
    Anti gun propaganda? Stocks for gun companies drop. yes or no?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast