Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state? - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 218

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Last time I checked, when I bought a gun, the taxes I paid on it were from the state that sold the gun. If you want to "vote with your wallet" then only buy used guns from your buddy's so there are no taxes.
    -
    Another point is that if you buy a Kel-tec (made in FL) is that OK? I know there probably aren't many steel mills in FL, so where are they getting their metal from? You can take this down to the least common denominator and somewhere down the line you are probably "giving money" to an anti-gun state.
    -
    Those state tax dollars may go to an anti-gun agenda, but the percentage would be so small after you factor in roads and bridges, schools, exorbitant pensions etc. that it would make no difference. How exactly is that money getting to the agenda anyway, other than going into the salaries of the legislators in that state (which they will even receive if the state is in deficit)?

  2.   
  3. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Last time I checked, when I bought a gun, the taxes I paid on it were from the state that sold the gun. If you want to "vote with your wallet" then only buy used guns from your buddy's so there are no taxes.
    -
    Another point is that if you buy a Kel-tec (made in FL) is that OK? I know there probably aren't many steel mills in FL, so where are they getting their metal from? You can take this down to the least common denominator and somewhere down the line you are probably "giving money" to an anti-gun state.
    -
    Those state tax dollars may go to an anti-gun agenda, but the percentage would be so small after you factor in roads and bridges, schools, exorbitant pensions etc. that it would make no difference. How exactly is that money getting to the agenda anyway, other than going into the salaries of the legislators in that state (which they will even receive if the state is in deficit)?
    Gun company's don't pay taxes?
    But go ahead justify your willingness to support those anti gun states.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    No you don't need a license to buy a firearm in North Carolina. A purchase permit to buy a hand gun and the state is moving to get rid of that.
    Now you're quibbling over the meanings of the words "license" and "permit?" You have to get permission just to buy a handgun, right? And the state is "moving" to get rid of that requirement? Wasn't it you who said, "...when was an anti gun law reversed in any anti gun state unless the federal government forced them to do it?"

    Well, what does it mean when you say NC is "moving to get rid of" your grossly anti-2A law that forces citizens to buy a permit just to purchase a gun? Did the federal government force NC to start "moving" in that direction? Pfffft.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    There are now requirements to buy a firearm outside of a purchase permit in North Carolina.
    What does that even mean?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    And training should be.
    Where does it say that in relation to individual ownership or carry in the 2nd Amendment? I mean, NC is a "pro 2nd Amendment" state, right? Well, congratulations! North Carolina scored #16 (out of 50) in the Brady Bunch's latest (2011 - long before Sandy Hook) scorecard of "best" anti-gun states in the Union!

    How do you live with yourself knowing that so much of your earnings, sales taxes, state petro-taxes and state government works so well towards pleasing the Brady Bunch?

    You only scored #19 in Guns & Ammo's rankings for 2013. My state, even with a "May Issue" law going into 2013, but no training requirements or, God forbid, no permits just to buy a weapon, scored #7. We'll be in the Top 5 in 2014 as the new "Shall Issue" law goes into effect in August, as well as open carry, lifted restrictions on where we can carry etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    As long as you keep the mentality it's ok for a gun manufacture to remain in an anti gun state and giving money too those people nothing is going to change. Money is the only leverage we have to make effective changes.
    Doctor, heal thyself!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Anti gun propaganda? Stocks for gun companies drop. yes or no?
    Four days after Sandy Hook? Maybe. As of now, not by a long-shot. As BC1 tried to explain to you, their stock is way up now, by 50% and 25% respectively for the two examples he cited that are in his own portfolio.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Gun company's don't pay taxes?
    But go ahead justify your willingness to support those anti gun states.
    Considering who between us is demanding justification for supporting anti-gun states, you need to look in the mirror long and hard before throwing that stone in this glass house, pal. You being holier-than-thou in this regard displays a gross ignorance for how much anti-gun support you give to your own state, which suggests that you should be very careful when throwing around words like "mentality."

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Now you're quibbling over the meanings of the words "license" and "permit?" You have to get permission just to buy a handgun, right? And the state is "moving" to get rid of that requirement? Wasn't it you who said, "...when was an anti gun law reversed in any anti gun state unless the federal government forced them to do it?"

    Well, what does it mean when you say NC is "moving to get rid of" your grossly anti-2A law that forces citizens to buy a permit just to purchase a gun? Did the federal government force NC to start "moving" in that direction? Pfffft.



    What does that even mean?



    Where does it say that in relation to individual ownership or carry in the 2nd Amendment? I mean, NC is a "pro 2nd Amendment" state, right? Well, congratulations! North Carolina scored #16 (out of 50) in the Brady Bunch's latest (2011 - long before Sandy Hook) scorecard of "best" anti-gun states in the Union!

    How do you live with yourself knowing that so much of your earnings, sales taxes, state petro-taxes and state government works so well towards pleasing the Brady Bunch?

    You only scored #19 in Guns & Ammo's rankings for 2013. My state, even with a "May Issue" law going into 2013, but no training requirements or, God forbid, no permits just to buy a weapon, scored #7. We'll be in the Top 5 in 2014 as the new "Shall Issue" law goes into effect in August, as well as open carry, lifted restrictions on where we can carry etc.



    Doctor, heal thyself!



    Four days after Sandy Hook? Maybe. As of now, not by a long-shot. As BC1 tried to explain to you, their stock is way up now, by 50% and 25% respectively for the two examples he cited that are in his own portfolio.



    Considering who between us is demanding justification for supporting anti-gun states, you need to look in the mirror long and hard before throwing that stone in this glass house, pal. You being holier-than-thou in this regard displays a gross ignorance for how much anti-gun support you give to your own state, which suggests that you should be very careful when throwing around words like "mentality."

    Blues
    Dumb ass why don't you use something other than 2011 link I told you that the state is doing away with the purchase permit for a hand gun you don't need one for a rifle or shot gun. Pull your head out of your ass

  6. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    NRA-ILA | North Carolina: Pro-Gun Bills in the State House and Senate

    North Carolina also has a law protecting gun ranges.

    Restrictions

    Gun bans: None.

    Waiting periods for gun purchases: None.

    License or permit to purchase guns: With the exception of persons with valid carry permits, a license is required for all handgun purchases. Licenses are issued to eligible applicants within 30 days of the date of application.

    Registration of guns: none.

    North Carolina Gun Rights - An Overview of Gun Laws in North Carolina

    Pompous *******.

  7. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Dumb ass why don't you use something other than 2011 link I told you that the state is doing away with the purchase permit for a hand gun you don't need one for a rifle or shot gun. Pull your head out of your ass
    Why do I need stats newer than 2011? The law remains the same. And I asked you what do you mean by saying the state is "doing away with" the purchase permit? Either it's the law now or it ain't, and as of now, it is.

    Besides, I did use "something other than" a 2011 link. I used a Guns & Ammo link from 2013. You know, the year that we're in right now?

    Dumb ass indeed. Like I said, doctor, heal thyself!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    NRA-ILA | North Carolina: Pro-Gun Bills in the State House and Senate

    License or permit to purchase guns: With the exception of persons with valid carry permits, a *license* is required for all handgun purchases. Licenses are issued to eligible applicants within 30 days of the date of application.
    Which is exactly what I said to begin with! You quibble over the word "license" suggesting that the word "permit" means something different, when the N R A itself is telling you you're full of crap.

    I get my permit to carry (not to purchase) within minutes of handing the Sheriff's clerk my $15 bucks. It takes 30 days for you to even get permission to buy a handgun! How long after that does it take to get your carry permit? I'm betting it's at least another 30 days.

    NC is an anti-gun state! Just admit it! LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Pompous *******.
    You're the one demanding that everybody but you *justify* their purchasing decisions based on flawed logic, economic ignorance and blatant hypocrisy as your state runs right in the middle of the pack for worst 2A-adherent states. You must be getting cut to shreds by falling glass after throwing the "pompous" stone at me.

    NC would do better to require training in logic and manners than to force training on "free" citizens to exercise a God-given right.

    Have you noticed that only one person agreed with your OP, and he's bailed on you now? You're all alone in the bigrebnc1861 fan club there bud.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Why do I need stats newer than 2011? The law remains the same. And I asked you what do you mean by saying the state is "doing away with" the purchase permit? Either it's the law now or it ain't, and as of now, it is.

    Besides, I did use "something other than" a 2011 link. I used a Guns & Ammo link from 2013. You know, the year that we're in right now?

    Dumb ass indeed. Like I said, doctor, heal thyself!



    Which is exactly what I said to begin with! You quibble over the word "license" suggesting that the word "permit" means something different, when the N R A itself is telling you you're full of crap.

    I get my permit to carry (not to purchase) within minutes of handing the Sheriff's clerk my $15 bucks. It takes 30 days for you to even get permission to buy a handgun! How long after that does it take to get your carry permit? I'm betting it's at least another 30 days.

    NC is an anti-gun state! Just admit it! LOL!



    You're the one demanding that everybody but you *justify* their purchasing decisions based on flawed logic, economic ignorance and blatant hypocrisy as your state runs right in the middle of the pack for worst 2A-adherent states. You must be getting cut to shreds by falling glass after throwing the "pompous" stone at me.

    NC would do better to require training in logic and manners than to force training on "free" citizens to exercise a God-given right.

    Have you noticed that only one person agreed with your OP, and he's bailed on you now? You're all alone in the bigrebnc1861 fan club there bud.

    Blues
    Why? You're rating a state on 2011 it's 2013 and I told you those laws are changing in get this 2013

    Have you noticed that only one person agreed with your OP, and he's bailed on you now? You're all alone in the bigrebnc1861 fan club there bud.
    You're really a dumb ass dumb for supporting those anti gun states. OH and by the way my state doesn't have any firearms ban.
    You're a coward for thinking a person needs support, maybe he's not online yet but regardless you love those anti gun states because you will continue to send your money to them just to get a firearm that the people who live in that state cannot. Why do you selfishly hate your fellow gun owners?

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Gun company's don't pay taxes?
    But go ahead justify your willingness to support those anti gun states.
    You blew it when you started calling people "dumb-ass" for citing facts and stating their opinion of those facts. You also didn't answer my question. How is that gun company's tax dollar getting into an anti-gun agenda? (oh, and if you can prove it rather than just thinking I'll trust you it would carry more weight)
    -
    Guess what? I drive a Toyota truck that was made in Tennessee, I am sure that I have many things in my home that are made in China and elsewhere, I support Gun companies based on their product rather than their location, and I don't feel the least bit guilty... Suck on that.
    Chief

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Why? You're rating a state on 2011 it's 2013 and I told you those laws are changing in get this 2013
    No, you didn't tell me in get this 2013 that the laws were changing, you kept insisting that your state is "moving" to change laws and other ambiguous, meaningless chatter.

    And "I'm" not rating your state at all. I simply linked info for you to demonstrate how happy with NC the Brady Bunch is. 2011 is the latest rating schedule available. Your beef should be with them if you disagree with either their rating or how current their available information is.

    Since you can't seem to source a word you're saying about NC "moving" in 2013 from the permit-to-purchase-a-handgun law that I thought I remembered existed in NC, I went and did a little homework for you. This is the 2013 revision of your state's AG summary of firearms laws for law enforcement as of 2/19/2013. Check it out:

    B. North Carolina Requirements

    North Carolina's pistol permitting and concealed carry permit laws qualify as an alternative
    to the requirements of the Brady Law. Therefore, when a person desires to purchase a handgun
    from a federally-licensed dealer, the person needs to comply solely with North Carolina's pistol
    permit laws, and present a valid permit to purchase a handgun or valid North Carolina-issued
    concealed carry permit.
    (Please note: Even if a NICS inquiry by a federally-licensed dealer was
    done in this circumstance, it does not do away with the necessity for a pistol purchase permit.)
    As always, any other transfer between private individuals is also governed by North Carolina's
    pistol permit laws.
    So you have to ask permission from your anti-2nd-Amendment state government even to transfer a firearm between private parties! Man! It's much worse than I thought!

    And you got (at least) another thing wrong. You said the purchase permit doesn't apply to rifles or shotguns in this glittering jewel of monumental ignorance:

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Dumb ass....I told you that the state is doing away with the purchase permit for a hand gun you don't need one for a rifle or shot gun. Pull your head out of your ass
    Wrong. From the same publication:

    NOTE: North Carolina law allows for the purchase of a single handgun with a single valid
    purchase permit. Multiple long guns may be purchased with a single pistol purchase
    permit;however, they must be purchased in a single transaction.
    Oops.



    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    You're really a dumb ass dumb for supporting those anti gun states.
    Either that or you are for living in an anti-gun state! LOL! Man! You're too easy!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    OH and by the way my state doesn't have any firearms ban.
    They don't need to ban any when they make every single purchase almost impossible to complete! LOL!

    And I can walk into my local gun store and walk out with any non-NFA firearm I'm willing to pay for. No waiting periods, no permit to purchase, no bans, no NFA restrictions, no training requirements, no waiting for either purchase or carry permit (carry permit issued on the spot), strong state preemption law, so no local or county ordinances that differ according to lines on a map that no one could possibly comply with while traveling (your state does allow local control of some firearms laws - Yay freedom, eh?!), no restrictions on private transfers (you have to ask permission to privately buy or sell, or even inherit a weapon! Are you kidding me????) - Good grief man, I could go on forever listing all the anti-gun laws and strict gun control laws you support every time you earn a dollar or pay your sales, property or petro taxes.

    I've made a decision. I'm going to heed your advice and stop supporting anti-gun states. Just for fun, I'm starting in the middle of the pack and working my way up. I hereby declare a personal boycott of the egregiously anti-gun state of North Carolina.

    I hope you're packin' up and moving to someplace more gun-friendly, bigreb. Bama probably wouldn't be a good choice for you though, because we put as much emphasis on the "friendly" part as the "gun" part. Otherwise, good luck and keep in touch. Always great to hear from the South end of a Northbound ass. LOL!

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    You blew it when you started calling people "dumb-ass" for citing facts and stating their opinion of those facts. You also didn't answer my question. How is that gun company's tax dollar getting into an anti-gun agenda? (oh, and if you can prove it rather than just thinking I'll trust you it would carry more weight)
    -
    Guess what? I drive a Toyota truck that was made in Tennessee, I am sure that I have many things in my home that are made in China and elsewhere, I support Gun companies based on their product rather than their location, and I don't feel the least bit guilty... Suck on that.
    No I didn't he blew it when he used a link from a 201 even after I told him my state was moving to remove those laws. Go on spend your money for gun control.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast