Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 218

Thread: Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088

    Would you buy a firearm that was made in an anti gun state?

    As for me I say no. I can no longer give support to any gun manufacture that has a factory or corporate office in any of those states. I would love to buy a Henry lever action 357 rifle but cannot because Henry is based New Jersey next too New York California and a few other anti gun states New Jersey is sickens me and the way the state disregards thew second amendment.
    Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms? No.

    May issue state
    Next their's Kimber based in California and we all know how california feels about firearms
    Remington I'm torn between because it's corporate office is in Madison North Carolina but makes it firearms in the new england area states.
    It's is in my opinion as long as you buy firearms from company's that pay revenue too anti gun states you are helping to support the agenda of that anti gun state.
    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

    Edited too add: If you already own a firearm that was manufactured in an anti gun state those are fine. It's furture purchases that I am talking about

  2.   
  3. #2
    I can't speak about every gun maker in every antigun state, but I'm thinking I'm going to buy a Remington 1911 in the near future. Remington has facilities in other places, they could go if they wanted to. But, they are committed to the town they have been part of since 1816. A spokesman for the company made a comment about the "Safe Act" that I really liked. He said "politicians get elected, and laws can be changed." Or words to that effect. So, Remington is not going to be run out of town by Andy Cuomo, and I respect them for it.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    I can't speak about every gun maker in every antigun state, but I'm thinking I'm going to buy a Remington 1911 in the near future. Remington has facilities in other places, they could go if they wanted to. But, they are committed to the town they have been part of since 1816. A spokesman for the company made a comment about the "Safe Act" that I really liked. He said "politicians get elected, and laws can be changed." Or words to that effect. So, Remington is not going to be run out of town by Andy Cuomo, and I respect them for it.
    he's wrong when was an anti gun law reversed in any anti gun state unless the federal government forced them to do it? But fine you can give your money to support those anti gun states. I will no longer do it.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    I would have no problem buying a Henry or a Springfield (Illinois). Here's the deal, they may the last bastion of hope in those states.

    I also like Jack Daniel's on occasion, they distill in a dry town. ;)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I would have no problem buying a Henry or a Springfield (Illinois). Here's the deal, they may the last bastion of hope in those states.

    I also like Jack Daniel's on occasion, they distill in a dry town. ;)
    Keep giving your money to those companies they will remain in those states and support the anti gun agenda of those states.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Just to play devil's advocate, the companies mentioned have probably been there for quite a while (as have their employees) and just picking up and moving a factory can't be easy. That's why the ones that are moving are asking the states they are moving to to provide "compensations" that ease the cost.
    -
    Another point is that the companies in question are providing the most blatant support of the Second Amendment that there is, and may be the foothold needed to eventually overthrow the liberals. What if there was a large gun manufacturer in Detroit right now? Who knows? If there was, they would probably still be profitable regardless of the cities predicament. Think about Colorado. Until recently they have been pro-2A and most of the state still is, to the point that they are considering secession. As the Libs try to take over do you give up the state and run away or stay and fight. I am sure the companies that are still there are supporting the 2A sherriffs and other conservative groups, including those that brought about the recall election.
    -
    In short, when I buy a gun I want it to be worth the cost (preferably inexpensive), reliable (bullet goes in the right direction when the go-button is pushed), and good support from that company if there should be an issue. I applaud the companies that have moved to make a point, but am compassionate for those that may not have the means.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, the companies mentioned have probably been there for quite a while (as have their employees) and just picking up and moving a factory can't be easy. That's why the ones that are moving are asking the states they are moving to to provide "compensations" that ease the cost.
    -
    Another point is that the companies in question are providing the most blatant support of the Second Amendment that there is, and may be the foothold needed to eventually overthrow the liberals. What if there was a large gun manufacturer in Detroit right now? Who knows? If there was, they would probably still be profitable regardless of the cities predicament. Think about Colorado. Until recently they have been pro-2A and most of the state still is, to the point that they are considering secession. As the Libs try to take over do you give up the state and run away or stay and fight. I am sure the companies that are still there are supporting the 2A sherriffs and other conservative groups, including those that brought about the recall election.
    -
    In short, when I buy a gun I want it to be worth the cost (preferably inexpensive), reliable (bullet goes in the right direction when the go-button is pushed), and good support from that company if there should be an issue. I applaud the companies that have moved to make a point, but am compassionate for those that may not have the means.
    You're living in a dream world the only way to end the anti gun agenda is cut the funds from it. Buy a gun from a company based in an anti gun state is supporting the agenda of that anti gun state.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Absurd responses. These companies don't care if you buy from them or not. They can't incur millions of dollars and destroy the careers of dedicated employees just because people want to stand on principal. A check of the stock price of these companies shows their business is booming like never before. You buy the gun that best suits your needs. If that's a Kimber or Remington then buy it. You're not helping the cause by boycotting a company that got crapped-on. In fact quite the opposite. You're helping send these states a message when you do buy. Me? I've been buying S&W, Ruger and Rem stock hand over fist.
    .
    Would any of you like to be laid-off because your company got strangled out of business over nothing they've done wrong?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. Lightbulb most guns are madin in anti-gun states

    I agree with you, but most American gun owners and manufacturers don't, because for them it's mostly about the money rather than 2A ideology.
    If the manufacturers could make just as much money with all civilian gun ownership banned, they wouldn't care if the government were trying to ban it.

    As for them being the “last bastions” in anti-2A states, we know how worthless all the manufacturers in CT, MA, NY have been in that fight – the biggest names in the industry – Colt, Mossberg, Ruger, S&W, Remington, Kimber are all in the most anti-gun states. Even the National Sports Shooting Foundation is in Newtown, CT, and continues to spend money there, and hasn't mentioned moving.

    Most American gun owners don't care that their gun is made in an anti-gun state. The truth is that Glocks, Norincos, Saigas, HK's, most other guns are made in anti-gun states. They are just outside the United States. Not only do those states see 2A as American lunacy, the jobs to make those guns are obviously not in pro-gun states either. Yet, most of our fellow “pro-2A” gun owners are buying them Glocks like hot cakes!

    Check their laws: Gun Policy Facts and News With the exception of places like Switzerland and Brazil, most of the guns in world and most of the ones Americans now own were made in anti-gun states inside and outside the United States.

    I agree with you, but most American gun owners don't, because the money and what they can get for it is much more important to them then 2A.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Absurd responses. These companies don't care if you buy from them or not. They can't incur millions of dollars and destroy the careers of dedicated employees just because people want to stand on principal. A check of the stock price of these companies shows their business is booming like never before. You buy the gun that best suits your needs. If that's a Kimber or Remington then buy it. You're not helping the cause by boycotting a company that got crapped-on. In fact quite the opposite. You're helping send these states a message when you do buy. Me? I've been buying S&W, Ruger and Rem stock hand over fist.
    Absurd? Really? without us they don't have a product. If you noticed the stock market on certian firearm manufactures dropped

    Top Gun Makers See Drop in Stock Price
    Hows that for your opinion of Absurd?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast