Stand your Ground law changed to Duty to Retreat? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stand your Ground law changed to Duty to Retreat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    How can someone from Texas think that way?
    How was she ever elected in Texas?
    Every State has some Metro areas. While you may work in Houston (for example) chances are you live in the burbs. The people that actually live there (hence vote in that district) are usually not the self sufficient working class. Who do you think they vote for? This is the problem with our electoral set up.
    Stand your Ground law changed to Duty to Retreat?-election-county-2012.png
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    A politician will only do what they have to do to get elected/re-elected. It doesn't matter what their actual belief system is, and party affiliations are simply something they're required to put on a form. In other words, it's about power and money. It always has been, and it always will be. Any politician that DOESN'T fit this mold is marginalized and eliminated in favor of someone that will follow the status quo. Constituents are a minor annoyance and can easily be manipulated.

In other words, politicians typically ain't worth the powder needed to put a bullet in their heads. Besides, if you did that, another one would spring up in it's place.
    Priceless!!! Well said, J.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Every State has some Metro areas. While you may work in Houston (for example) chances are you live in the burbs. The people that actually live there (hence vote in that district) are usually not the self sufficient working class. Who do you think they vote for? This is the problem with our electoral set up.
    Stand your Ground law changed to Duty to Retreat?-election-county-2012.png
    And people think voting districts are a good thing.... *forehead slap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post

Stand your Ground law changed to Duty to Retreat?
    Ok I will go along with that. Provided all our leaders and rich folks with private security and those with SS protection follow the same rule.

6. Vigilantes?

I wonder if that fat horse's ass realizes she just called all neighborhood watch volunteeers 'vigilantes' by implication. Given the common usage of the term, that's insulting to everyone who has one of those little signs in their window or door. And I see a damned lot of them in the ghetto when I have to pass through. So she's calling her own community vigilantes, and comparing them all - again by implication - to her opinion of George Zimmerman. I'm sure they like that comparison a lot.

Tulsa, Bristow Freedom Ranch Pistol Academy

from Tx, represents Tx, but forgets Tx is a stand your ground state. oops

guess she is willing to screw her own state, her own constituents, most of which are on food stamps and federal assistance so sure Lee, cut that by 20% hell, cut it by 100%, see how long it will take her people to vote her out. Of course, low info voters would believe that it is Bushes fault. remember, she is also the one that wanted the MARS rover to go over to see where Armstrong planted the American Flag (that would have been on the moon, and his front yard, neither of which was on MARS)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12