ALERT: State Stand Your Ground Laws and Neighborhood Watch Registration Act
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT: State Stand Your Ground Laws and Neighborhood Watch Registration Act

ezkl2230 Guest

Exclamation ALERT: State Stand Your Ground Laws and Neighborhood Watch Registration Act

H.R. 2812, will require states to change their SYG laws to duty to retreat, require neighborhood watch programs to register with police AND DOJ. Failure to implement these changes will cost the states a percentage of the revues they would have received from the fed. So not only will we have to run away from the bad guys, this bill will kill the neighborhood watch program.

Introduced by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D - TX). So far the bill only has 9 co-sponsors. Let's keep it that way.

BTW, victims of domestic violence have no duty to retreat under this law, but everyone else does.

Contact your representatives and urge them to kill this bill.

Text of H.R. 2812: To encourage States to prohibit ?stand your ground? laws and require neighborhood watch programs ... (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us

May the sponsor and co-sponsors be the first ones to be attacked in a place where they can lawfully be. I.E., their own home. And then we'd see if they still support this garbage bill. Want to cut off 20% of the money coming to Florida, fine. After Florida cuts off 20% of what Florida sends to DC for the Federal Gov't failure to do what it is responsible to do. Guess who would lose the greater amount of money. Letting the AG set rules for the NW would get you the same racist actions from the DOJ that we already see. If it was Black on White or Black on Black, it gets a pass. But if it is White on Black, bring the full force of the DOJ against the person/organization. She is one of the most racist persons in Congress and in this she is quite transparent.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Blog Entries
    Sheila Jackson Lee from Texas Is the author of this incredibly bad idea for a bill. All I know is that anyone that is in my place of residence & was not invited by me & is moving towards me or someone I care about, I will dispatch them rather quickly.

I am assuming that this law needs to be passed before it can be struck down by the Supreme Court for infrunging on States' rights. Let's just get it voted down quickly since it is poorly understood by choice, by those sponsoring it.

The bill doesn't have a chance of passing the house; but it certainly doesn't hurt to call your representative anyway. Ms. Lee has demonstrated on many occasions that she is the dumbest person in the House. And with all the really stupid crap that comes out of Washington, that is really saying something. Most of her colleagues realize that when it concerns idiocy and stupid statements that she even makes Nancy Pelosi look good.

10th amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. So how exactly does the fed government have the authority?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    The bill doesn't have a chance of passing the house; but it certainly doesn't hurt to call your representative anyway. Ms. Lee has demonstrated on many occasions that she is the dumbest person in the House. And with all the really stupid crap that comes out of Washington, that is really saying something. Most of her colleagues realize that when it concerns idiocy and stupid statements that she even makes Nancy Pelosi look good.
    Oh gosh. With all that competition, how can you be sure she's the worst? I've seen so many stupid ideas come from the democrap camp in the past few years, there's got to be some really intense collaboration going on in there. No single person could come up with most of them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Oh gosh. With all that competition, how can you be sure she's the worst? I've seen so many stupid ideas come from the democrap camp in the past few years, there's got to be some really intense collaboration going on in there. No single person could come up with most of them alone.
    Not just the dems, she's got competition from both sides of the aisle.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using USA Carry mobile app

Don't care what law is passed or not passed. I'll still defend myself so meh ;)
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Retreat in my castle, not possible. I retreat only to the nearest weapon and give no quarter to anyone attempting to enter uninvited, especially in the middle of the night.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast