Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I would have given you a like for this post, but the word "blather" irritates me.
    Double-posts irritate me.

Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    Judges sign warrants for raiding wrong addresses, the police perform warrantless searches with little probable cause, and vague lawful authorities make questionable determinations of guilt; does it not make sense that even more mistakes can and will be made on the issue of weapons confiscation?

I'm all for sorting out the felons and the mentally ill from having firearms but at this juncture I cannot see the authorities making sound and Constitutional judgements where overwhelming force and heavy handed tactics are now the norm. All of this enforcement appears to be at an all too convenient time and I'm sure many rightful owners will get swept up in all of this. Where guns are concerned, any seizure will result in a very long and difficult process of gaining the property back if at all. IMO, all of this selective enforcement is simply another means of taking our guns and our rights away. All while using complicit, compliant, and ultimately imperious local and state police forces.
    It is far easier to go after those who have followed the law than to go after the true problem, the criminals.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    It is far easier to go after those who have followed the law than to go after the true problem, the criminals.
    Exactly!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    It is far less costly in terms of both financial and human suffering to prevent crime than it is to address it after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    It is far less costly in terms of both financial and human suffering to prevent crime than it is to address it after the fact.
    Absolutely right, unfortunately for you... the reality of such policies involves, more often than not, stomping on someones Natural Rights in the process. So, being as that you have this attitude... would you be okay with nobody ever being allowed to do anything, anywhere, at any time? B/c otherwise... you open up the possibility of something bad happening, right?

Yet again, your awful attempts at logic have failed you, kwimby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Absolutely right,
    Of course!
    the reality of such policies involves, more often than not, stomping on someones Natural Rights.
    So are you saying felons and the mentally ill have a natural right to own firearms?

Of course!

So are you saying felons and the mentally ill have a natural right to own firearms?
    No, just that we must tread softly and slowly when deciding who shouldn't legally own a firearm, how those policies will be implemented and how it relates to or infringes upon other's rights.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

No,
    Good, wouldn't want to see you get all tripped up in that "logic" thing.
    just that we must tread softly and slowly when deciding who shouldn't legally own a firearm.
    Then you go and get all wishy washy about it. The fact is, the quicker and more effectively these type actions are implemented throughout the country the better. Felons and the mentally ill either deliberately or through no fault of their own lost that right as soon as they did what they did or became afflicted with whatever mental health issue is causing their problem.

Can't happen fast enough.

Good, wouldn't want to see you get all tripped up in that "logic" thing.

Then you go and get all wishy washy about it. The fact is, the quicker and more effectively these type actions are implemented throughout the country the better. Felons and the mentally ill either deliberately or through no fault of their own lost that right as soon as they did what they did or became afflicted with whatever mental health issue is causing their problem.

Can't happen fast enough.
    Support whatever laws you want, felons and mentally ill people are still going to get firearms if they so choose. Laws DO NOT prevent crime, ever. Only one's morals prevent them from not commiting a crime. Yes, it can happen too fast... the majority of all laws ever put into action that rob the people of Natural Rights were passed and implemented too fast. You wouldn't understand that b/c you have the mental capicity of a four year old and have fallen victim to normalcy bias. Poor kwimby, you should feel sorry for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post

People who don't seem to see anything wrong with all of this 'gun confiscation's' are gullible & blind imvho.
    So your against guns being taken from those who cant LEGALLY posess them? Im not fan of IL's gun laws OR the whole FOID card thing. While Im obviously against any "gun control" that hurts a law abiding citizens rights, thats not who were talking about.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using USA Carry mobile app

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast