Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Support whatever laws you want, felons and mentally ill people are still going to get firearms if they so choose. Laws DO NOT prevent crime, ever.
    Gawd you are exceptionally stupid. These measures are simply enforcing laws that have been on the books for decades if not longer in most jurisdictions. Identifying felons is fairly trivial. Mentally handicapped is a bit trikier, but that's no reason not to work towards it.

Amazing level of stupidity exhibited in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I would have given you a like for this post, but the word "blather" irritates me.
    Double-posts irritate me.
    Trolls amuse me...
    Are you still raging mad? Just wondering LOL :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Gawd you are exceptionally stupid. These measures are simply enforcing laws that have been on the books for decades if not longer in most jurisdictions. Identifying felons is fairly trivial. Mentally handicapped is a bit trikier, but that's no reason not to work towards it.

Amazing level of stupidity exhibited in this thread.
    Yep, you're the prime example dipsh!t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Trolls amuse me...
    Are you still raging mad? Just wondering LOL :p
    Doesn't he just crack you up?
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Personally I find myself in complete agreement with the sheriff. At least the part where he says the system is broken. Yes indeed, and he is one of the "broken parts".
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Good, wouldn't want to see you get all tripped up in that "logic" thing.

Then you go and get all wishy washy about it. The fact is, the quicker and more effectively these type actions are implemented throughout the country the better. Felons and the mentally ill either deliberately or through no fault of their own lost that right as soon as they did what they did or became afflicted with whatever mental health issue is causing their problem.

Can't happen fast enough.
    Be kind of neat if we could disarm felons before they became felons or the insane just before they crackup. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. Did't Tom Cruise star in a movie along those lines? I don't think it did that well at the box office. The premise was just unbelievable.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Be kind of neat if we could disarm felons before they became felons or the insane just before they crackup. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. Did't Tom Cruise star in a movie along those lines? I don't think it did that well at the box office. The premise was just unbelievable.
    Kwimby is a supporter of the Minority Report idea of law enforcement, yes. He also, along the lines of the plot of said movie, has a seriously distorted view of reality.

9. Well, that was confusing - forgot to hit "reply with quote":

(from KWIMBY) "It is far less costly in terms of both financial and human suffering to prevent crime than it is to address it after the fact."

So, KWIMBY, you'd just convict all males as rapists and all females as prostitutes when they are born, just because each is equipped to commit the crime and it would be S O O O easy to prevent all those future offenses?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    So your against guns being taken from those who cant LEGALLY posess them? Im not fan of IL's gun laws OR the whole FOID card thing. While Im obviously against any "gun control" that hurts a law abiding citizens rights, thats not who were talking about.
    Where did you find the documentation of that? I read the article in the OP, and all it documented was the legislative intent of the FOID program by saying this:

FOID cards are meant to protect the public from gun owners who suffer from mental illness; felonies and protection orders also are grounds for the state to revoke the holders’ FOID cards. It’s illegal to buy guns or ammunition without one, the Sun-Times reports.
    Nowhere was it documented how the Sheriff's team was going about identifying violators, nor did it say how a person came to be deemed a violator in the first place. The fact is, a County Commission can, on its own authority, create some undefined "legal authority" that does not involve a court in any way, but which, according to NICS, is still a "legal authority" that can deem someone mentally unfit to own a firearm. I think I linked to the NICS section earlier in this thread covering such "legal authorities," but if I didn't, I've posted about it a couple or three times in the last week or two. You should look into it. It's pretty scary stuff, and if there's anywhere that's likely to take advantage of the wide latitude NICS gives local counties and cities to wreak havoc with the 2nd Amendment, it would be in IL, and anywhere near Chicago.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

It is far less costly in terms of both financial and human suffering to prevent crime than it is to address it after the fact.
    Since when did it become the police's job to stop all crime before it happens? You might want to go tell the SCOTUS because they ruled exactly the opposite. The police are under no duty to protect the individual.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast