Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 109

Thread: Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois

  1. Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Kwimby is a supporter of the Minority Report idea of law enforcement, yes. He also, along the lines of the plot of said movie, has a seriously distorted view of reality.
    If memory serves (correct me if I'm wrong) even Cruise in the movie turned on his job and started helping one of his collars escape. It was a really hokey movie with flying cars and CGI.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    If memory serves (correct me if I'm wrong) even Cruise in the movie turned on his job and started helping one of his collars escape. It was a really hokey movie with flying cars and CGI.
    He fell victim to his own "pre-crime" system... he went on the run to avoid being imprisoned for "pre-murder".
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Where did you find the documentation of that? I read the article in the OP, and all it documented was the legislative intent of the FOID program by saying this:
    "effort to seize guns from thousands of people whose right to own a firearm has been revoked"

    As I said, I'm not a fan of FOID or IL's registration. That's it. I'm not against guns being taken from people that shouldn't have them. Many people who at one time legally owned them can no longer. Yes, there are bound to be times where people are screwed by the system but theirs almost always a way to counteract that. I'm in no way, shape or form agreeing with IL or the known crooked Cooke County, I'm just not against felons and violent criminals having their guns taken. I agree when it comes to removing somebody's 2A rights there needs to be a system with many checks and balances and not just some anti Sheriff making stuff up as he goes.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    "effort to seize guns from thousands of people whose right to own a firearm has been revoked"
    Unless the individual who revoked those "thousands" of people's "rights" name is umm....God, no God-given right can arbitrarily be "revoked."

    Just an "Oh well, they can go to the expense and trouble of appealing an illegitimate revocation" from you. My my, how constitutionally sound is that "reasoning?"

    Such is the state of 2nd Amendment "advocacy" in this country today. Ugh.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Unless the individual who revoked those "thousands" of people's "rights" name is umm....God, no God-given right can arbitrarily be "revoked."

    Just an "Oh well, they can go to the expense and trouble of appealing an illegitimate revocation" from you. My my, how constitutionally sound is that "reasoning?"

    Such is the state of 2nd Amendment "advocacy" in this country today. Ugh.

    Blues
    Our founding fathers gave us the Second Amendment, not God. Aside from that, Why are you assuming these revocations are illegitimate? MANY people who legally purchased guns are charged, tried and found guilty of crimes that LEGITIMATELY remove their 2A rights. Am I for saying somebody can't own a gun because their a "felon" from opening their neighbors mail? of course not. But violent offenders that shouldn't own guns shouldn't be forgotten about simply because like all criminals were law abiding citizens at one point in time. 90% of this country's issues with guns (and crap WE get blamed for) are thanks to career criminals and the mentally screwed, YET your not for talking THEIR guns away? C'mon, be more educated than that. Should their be a system in place so they can sell their property and not have it "stolen" by the state, or legally xfer it to family etc...YES. Should their be checked and balances to avoid people who are NOT disqualified from getting caught up in the system by accident, and then have a way to correct it if it happens, YES. Most educated gun owners are 100% for the cops cracking down on criminals and leaving us alone, and then complain when they go after the criminals. No system is 100% perfect.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    This fits in perfectly with the liberal/communist agenda. After taking guns from felons and those they conceive to be memtally ill, they can turn their attention to combat veterans. We're....gasp!...trained killers and have the propensity to do so again. They call us "murderers" at our coming home ceremonies, why not just be completely true to themselves and come out with it on TV?

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Our founding fathers gave us the Second Amendment, not God. Aside from that, Why are you assuming these revocations are illegitimate? MANY people who legally purchased guns are charged, tried and found guilty of crimes that LEGITIMATELY remove their 2A rights. Am I for saying somebody can't own a gun because their a "felon" from opening their neighbors mail? of course not. But violent offenders that shouldn't own guns shouldn't be forgotten about simply because like all criminals were law abiding citizens at one point in time. 90% of this country's issues with guns (and crap WE get blamed for) are thanks to career criminals and the mentally screwed, YET your not for talking THEIR guns away? C'mon, be more educated than that. Should their be a system in place so they can sell their property and not have it "stolen" by the state, or legally xfer it to family etc...YES. Should their be checked and balances to avoid people who are NOT disqualified from getting caught up in the system by accident, and then have a way to correct it if it happens, YES. Most educated gun owners are 100% for the cops cracking down on criminals and leaving us alone, and then complain when they go after the criminals. No system is 100% perfect.
    You're a proud card carrying member of the good ol People's Republic of Massachusetts, aren't ya? Go ahead and worship your beloved government. By the way...define "mental illness." Your thinking is way out of line with the majority on this site, maybe you should have your guns confiscated. If you actually own any, that is...

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Trolls amuse me...
    Are you still raging mad? Just wondering LOL :p
    Doesn't he just crack you up?
    He's extremely entertaining and he gets the same "respect" on the other firearms forums that he trolls :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  10. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Unless the individual who revoked those "thousands" of people's "rights" name is umm....God, no God-given right can arbitrarily be "revoked."

    Just an "Oh well, they can go to the expense and trouble of appealing an illegitimate revocation" from you. My my, how constitutionally sound is that "reasoning?"

    Such is the state of 2nd Amendment "advocacy" in this country today. Ugh.

    Blues
    What if certain crimes would cause forfeiture of the right to vote or bear arms? What if the population is notified; commit a certain type of violent or person-on-person crime you will lose your right to bear arms for life. Now they commit the crime with full knowledge of the consequences. They've made a choice to revoke their own rights.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Our founding fathers gave us the Second Amendment, not God.
    No sir. Our founding fathers were in no position of authority to "grant" anything. The right to live comes from one's creator, not from any self-appointed authority. That said, I DO want to take the guns from violent offenders.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast