Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois

An Illinois sheriff’s team is crisscrossing the Chicago suburbs in an effort to seize guns from thousands of people whose right to own a firearm has been revoked, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
    According to the paper, more than 3,000 people in Cook County have failed to surrender their revoked Firearm Owners Identification Card, or FOID, which is required to legally buy guns or ammunition.
    Sheriff Tom Dart said he thinks many of the 3,000 continue to possess firearms.

Sheriff?s team working to seize guns from thousands in Illinois | Fox News
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    An Illinois sheriff’s team is crisscrossing the Chicago suburbs in an effort to seize guns from thousands of people whose right to own a firearm has been revoked, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
    According to the paper, more than 3,000 people in Cook County have failed to surrender their revoked Firearm Owners Identification Card, or FOID, which is required to legally buy guns or ammunition.
    Sheriff Tom Dart said he thinks many of the 3,000 continue to possess firearms.

Sheriff?s team working to seize guns from thousands in Illinois | Fox News
    Here's another link to this disturbing story....

Cook County sheriff?s team taking guns if FOID card is revoked - Chicago Sun-Times
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

According to the Sun Times gun owners who are violent felons, suffer from mental illness, felonies and protection orders may lose their guns. So why is that a bad idea? Do you really want to give a legal gun to a dangerous or mentally ill person or violent felon? Banger? Hood-rat? Trayvon? I know the argument... he can always get a gun. Yes. But then I have something for which I can lock him up again. Perhaps he doesn't belong on the street. They release a hell of a lot of violent people who should never see daylight again. Ain't giving them a gun.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Guess the Crook County sheriff has all the real crime so under control he can expend manpower rounding up otherwise decent citizens' guns.

I see a lot of boating accidents on the horizon.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Guess the Crook County sheriff has all the real crime so under control he can expend manpower rounding up otherwise decent citizens' guns.

No kidding....
    I'm pretty sure that all of the armed felons, drug dealers, gangbangers, etc... do not have any freaking FOID card's.

How would it feel to have your angry ex-wife/ex-girlfriend 'report' you for supposedly being 'abusive' and then losing your "God given" right to ever own a firearm again? That's exactly the type of thing that's happening in many of these cases.

People who don't seem to see anything wrong with all of this 'gun confiscation's' are gullible & blind imvho.
    ~Outlaw~

7. There is nothing wrong with this. This is one of the ways to prevent violent crime. If felons, people with mental issues, and others whose FOID card has been revoked, continue to have guns then they put the general public and law abiding gun owners at risk. This is within the existing IL law. Everyone should support this effort.

8. Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    No kidding....
    I'm pretty sure that all of the armed felons, drug dealers, gangbangers, etc... do not have any freaking FOID card's.

How would it feel to have your angry ex-wife/ex-girlfriend 'report' you for supposedly being 'abusive' and then losing your "God given" right to ever own a firearm again? That's exactly the type of thing that's happening in many of these cases.

People who don't seem to see anything wrong with all of this 'gun confiscation's' are gullible & blind imvho.
    You are correct - but they have to start somewhere.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post

And they are doing it too. I would see the people who cannot own guns have their guns taken away than everyone loose their right to have guns.

Sheriff's team seizing guns from thousands in Illinois

When I read this article I was torn. The idea of removing arms from criminals, mentally unstable, etc.. Is a good one, however, who's to determine the threshold for removal of the FOID card? Who's to say that because someone was depressed over a breakup in 1973 and sought a counselor, and now that information is discovered due to a renewed inquiry, that this is right? Violent crimes won't get an argument, the gray area is the mentally unfit. Who's judgement do we go by. Very Very slippery slope we're on...
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jdsonice View Post
    You are correct - but they have to start somewhere.
    I know that 'I'm correct' on this topic....thank's for re-affirming my point.

So which one are you...
    'Gullible' or 'Blind'?

I would say that you are probably 'both'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast