Texas Navy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Navy

They've had some of them for a year already.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Why is Texas forced to take care of the border problems? The U.S government should be patrolling the border and be willing to use any force necessary to protect U.S. citizens. They will probably go to court to protect the poor Mexican drug dealers from the evil people in Texas. Our government has put border control agents in jail because they shot drug dealers.

I'm against the militarization of the police; and it should be unnecessary. The feds should do their job and protect citizens. This is a dangerous trend; but the feds are ignoring the Constitution and promoting anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Why is Texas forced to take care of the border problems? The U.S government should be patrolling the border and be willing to use any force necessary to protect U.S. citizens. They will probably go to court to protect the poor Mexican drug dealers from the evil people in Texas. Our government has put border control agents in jail because they shot drug dealers.

I'm against the militarization of the police; and it should be unnecessary. The feds should do their job and protect citizens. This is a dangerous trend; but the feds are ignoring the Constitution and promoting anarchy.
    You're probably right. But those things are sweet! I hope they get their money's worth out of them before the Feds come and take them away.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Nope, no joke. Each boat costs $566,000 equipped. Texas ordered 6. More pics at; Heavily-armed Texas gunboats now patrol Rio Grande - Politics and Religion - VisaJourney.com
    Wow, that seems like quite the bargain to me if they work and/or are utilized right. ~$3.4 million for closing a huge entry point is less than the supposed fence we were promised would cost. Good goin' Texas! The nation thanks you!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

6. They need 900 horsepower to keep the boat from going backwards with all guns blazin'...

Wink Standing their ground, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post

The feds need to recognize that a border is a border is a border, no matter where it is at around the US. If it is a federal border they should be the ones protecting it. In this case it is a water bound border and the Coast Guard should be responsible for immigration enforcement. No, sorry it is a land bound lake with no navigable estuary being involved, that precludes the CG involvement all together.
    ~
    So Texas has taken their own resources and put them to work taking care of their citizens, good on them. Since they have reserved the right to man their won Navy, they are then within their rights to proceed without fear legally from federal intervention (that's a joke son, pay attention I've got a million of them) More states need to cut ties with the fed and stand their ground, so to speak and take care of the citizens within their borders. Those who do are slapped down by the feds for over reaching their authority, so to speak, like Arizona with their stand on immigration. Other states who have stopped and taken into custody volumes of illegals during their travels have been told by ICE to document and release those illegals. How does that help?
    ~
    So if it seems that the feds are promoting anarchy, it is their problem if the end result from the states and their citizens is anarchy. Then they have gotten what they wished for and will then HAVE to contend with that or loose everything. I am in no way shape or form promoting any form of anarchy against our nation, but I was always told when growing up "watch out what you wish for" never know you just might get it.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    The feds need to recognize that a border is a border is a border, no matter where it is at around the US. If it is a federal border they should be the ones protecting it. In this case it is a water bound border and the Coast Guard should be responsible for immigration enforcement. No, sorry it is a land bound lake with no navigable estuary being involved, that precludes the CG involvement all together.
    ~
    So Texas has taken their own resources and put them to work taking care of their citizens, good on them. Since they have reserved the right to man their won Navy, they are then within their rights to proceed without fear legally from federal intervention (that's a joke son, pay attention I've got a million of them) More states need to cut ties with the fed and stand their ground, so to speak and take care of the citizens within their borders. Those who do are slapped down by the feds for over reaching their authority, so to speak, like Arizona with their stand on immigration. Other states who have stopped and taken into custody volumes of illegals during their travels have been told by ICE to document and release those illegals. How does that help?
    ~
    So if it seems that the feds are promoting anarchy, it is their problem if the end result from the states and their citizens is anarchy. Then they have gotten what they wished for and will then HAVE to contend with that or loose everything. I am in no way shape or form promoting any form of anarchy against our nation, but I was always told when growing up "watch out what you wish for" never know you just might get it.
    The Feds helped pay for the boats. Now if Texas were to put the USS Texas back into service, that would be interesting.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Nice rig!!!

Perhaps they could get a good deal on some used Cobras. Much faster to respond to a point problem and they can be quite intimidating.

When I was in Nam, I took a couple of days and went to a beach maintained for use by US troops. While being burned to a crisp by the sun, a sampan started edging in toward the beach. Suddenly there was a Cobra doing an aerial dance around the boat. While keeping its' nose pointed in a useful direction. Abruptly the boat found it had urgent business anywhere else.

Yes I know about militarizing the police. But they could Texas marine choppers to go with the surface navy.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I have the same boat but instead of the FN M240 machineguns I use a 7.62 mini-gun mounted in a CIWS turret.

It works great when someone is in my favorite fishin' hole.

Paul
    Last edited by Stengun; 08-03-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Typo
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12