Breaking-- Harry Reid, Dems giving up on gun control for foreseeable future!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Breaking-- Harry Reid, Dems giving up on gun control for foreseeable future!!!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    obama's made it a "health issue," much like they did with smoking which has been banned pretty much everywhere. There's some good in this, though, because when he ordered the CDC to study the gun "violence issue," he opened up the potential to actually study the use of firearms which, as most of us know and/or are convinced, will end up on our side. In the past, the government was not allowed to do studies that showed the use of guns in a positive light.
    I will bet that the study will NOT show guns in a positive light. With obummer and his minions in charge of it they will skew the results. If anyone REALLY believes that the unemployment rate in below 8% then they will believe whatever propaganda obummer puts out!!

  2.   
  3. The democratic party needs to stop pushing "gun control" as a party platform altogether.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    obama's made it a "health issue," much like they did with smoking which has been banned pretty much everywhere. There's some good in this, though, because when he ordered the CDC to study the gun "violence issue," he opened up the potential to actually study the use of firearms which, as most of us know and/or are convinced, will end up on our side. In the past, the government was not allowed to do studies that showed the use of guns in a positive light.
    Barry himself should be treated as a health issue. He causes high blood pressure, stomach acid and rammed a healthcare system down our throats that's so bad even the law-breaking IRS doesn't want it. And they're in charge! Barry, what do I do for this bellyache?
    .
    Anyone remember a song in the early 70's by Harry Nielson "Put the Lime in the Coconut? Pretty much sums-up Obamacare.
    .
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    north east Iowa
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorjock View Post
    Don't let your guard down. Somehow I really doubt that he'll give up that easily. Think of this as a battle and that he's gone back to base to rearm. He knows the competition and won't come back to the fight without numbers on his side. We all need to remember that he's an elected official, and he needs to be un-elected. We need to sway all voters to put these guys out and get senators that actually are for us, not their own salary.
    Progressives absolutely can not he trusted. Lies are always acceptable to them as a justifiable means to achieve an end. They must lie because the useful idiots have to be convinced that the Utopian society being created will provide them with everything that they desire. The idiots will gladly trade their liberty for "free stuff". And all that socialism will ever provide is a subsistence life style and slavery to the state and collective. The progressives know that the second amendment will be a serious obstacle to their plans and must go.

  6. #15
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I will bet that the study will NOT show guns in a positive light. With obummer and his minions in charge of it they will skew the results. If anyone REALLY believes that the unemployment rate in below 8% then they will believe whatever propaganda obummer puts out!!
    I started a thread end of June about the study that resulted from his executive order:

    Folks, download this study so that we can make sure that it doesn't quietly get "lost"!

    Alexandra Ladas wrote the following for BearingArms.com:

    A study conducted by the National Academies Press on firearm-related violence shows that not all Americans who own guns have murderous intentions. The institute was requested by an executive order from President Obama to investigate the topic in light of the Sandy Hook shootings. There were many positive points about gun ownership in the study. It concluded that most gun deaths in the US are due to suicide, not violent crimes. It also proved that mass shootings are one of the rarest forms of violent crime in the country, and that self-defense happens at least as much as violent crimes do. This disproves the main argument from gun-control advocates that using guns self-defense almost never occurs.
    Remember - this study was commissioned by executive order to bolster the gun control argument! I'm sure he won't let these established facts get in the way of his agenda, though.

    Download the full study here:

    Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

    You can download the full report for free; it does require you to create a free account with the National academic press.

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by italianbreadman View Post
    The democratic party needs to stop pushing "gun control" as a party platform altogether.
    No, No, No, They need to keep it up. That is just one more divide with the American People.
    The Wepublican Party needs all the help it/we can get.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorjock View Post
    Don't let your guard down. Somehow I really doubt that he'll give up that easily. Think of this as a battle and that he's gone back to base to rearm. He knows the competition and won't come back to the fight without numbers on his side. We all need to remember that he's an elected official, and he needs to be un-elected. We need to sway all voters to put these guys out and get senators that actually are for us, not their own salary.

    I Totally Agree.


    Cnon

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638
    Many of the local State Legislatures have gone home for the summer. Elections in 2014 are getting closer.
    These beeeeaaaacches know that they have awakened a great sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve.
    The now want to move back to the center of their progressive leftist ideals and lull the giant back to sleep.
    The people rose up in 2010 and fired the congress that gave us Obamacare.
    Obamanauts responded with IRS audits and threats allowing the tide of revolution to stop in 2012.
    Now the cat is out of the bag. They see pink slips in their future in 2014.
    So to stop the movement and get the stories of corruption and deceit off the front pages they raise the terrorist threat level and start bombing a small country.
    Nothing like a war to make a communist organizer look presidential.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    No, No, No, They need to keep it up. That is just one more divide with the American People.
    The Wepublican Party needs all the help it/we can get.
    Like it or not that fact is that while not all Democrats are anti gun. 99.9% of all Anti Gunners are Democrat.
    The Democrat party needs a spanking.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Reid cited upcoming budget battles, which would make it impossible to pass the legislation any time this year. He hopes to present the legislation before the 2014 mid-term elections, and Schumer has vowed to keep working to get the votes.
    Don't believe it. If they're not after our guns, it's only because they're trying to distract us from something else or they're thinking we're going to be disarmed some other way. UN perhaps if they have their way?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast