Breaking-- Harry Reid, Dems giving up on gun control for foreseeable future!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking-- Harry Reid, Dems giving up on gun control for foreseeable future!!!

ezkl2230 Guest

Breaking-- Harry Reid, Dems giving up on gun control for foreseeable future!!!

Harry made the following remarks to the anti-gun group, Moms Demand Action:

"I think sometime next year we’ll revisit that issue. I’m almost certain of it..”
    Reid cited upcoming budget battles, which would make it impossible to pass the legislation any time this year. He hopes to present the legislation before the 2014 mid-term elections, and Schumer has vowed to keep working to get the votes. Can't wait to see how Bloomie reacts!

KEEP UP THE SKEER, FOLKS!!! WE'RE HAVING AN EFFECT!!!

Don't let your guard down. Somehow I really doubt that he'll give up that easily. Think of this as a battle and that he's gone back to base to rearm. He knows the competition and won't come back to the fight without numbers on his side. We all need to remember that he's an elected official, and he needs to be un-elected. We need to sway all voters to put these guys out and get senators that actually are for us, not their own salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorjock View Post
    Don't let your guard down. Somehow I really doubt that he'll give up that easily. Think of this as a battle and that he's gone back to base to rearm. He knows the competition and won't come back to the fight without numbers on his side. We all need to remember that he's an elected official, and he needs to be un-elected. We need to sway all voters to put these guys out and get senators that actually are for us, not their own salary.
    To add to this the dems up for re-election in 2014 don't want to fight to hard to keep their jobs. Once the election is over and especially if they retain power, expect Harry and his buddies to turn on a full court press to infringe on the 2A.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Howdy,

No big surprise. We have a "do nothing" Congress that is the lest productive of any Congress in history, which can be a good thing.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

6. Thank God for the NRA!

Thank God for the NRA that will be keeping an eye out just in case harry comes to this again before then.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    To add to this the dems up for re-election in 2014 don't want to fight to hard to keep their jobs. Once the election is over and especially if they retain power, expect Harry and his buddies to turn on a full court press to infringe on the 2A.

obama's made it a "health issue," much like they did with smoking which has been banned pretty much everywhere. There's some good in this, though, because when he ordered the CDC to study the gun "violence issue," he opened up the potential to actually study the use of firearms which, as most of us know and/or are convinced, will end up on our side. In the past, the government was not allowed to do studies that showed the use of guns in a positive light.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    obama's made it a "health issue," much like they did with smoking which has been banned pretty much everywhere. There's some good in this, though, because when he ordered the CDC to study the gun "violence issue," he opened up the potential to actually study the use of firearms which, as most of us know and/or are convinced, will end up on our side. In the past, the government was not allowed to do studies that showed the use of guns in a positive light.
    And the first one they did has been quietly buried. Because it gave them the wrong results for what they wanted.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

No big surprise. We have a "do nothing" Congress that is the lest productive of any Congress in history, which can be a good thing.

Paul
    They are only involved in legislation that furthers the parties overall agenda and ignore anything that will actually help the citizens directly especially if it is in a good way. Something that will help the republic, that is not part of the plan.
    ~
    What all those idiots say doesn't bother me as much as all the idiots that actually believe what they are saying and actually feel that it is going to help the country.
    ~
    NOW THAT IS SCARY.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by thecrowleygirl View Post
    Thank God for the NRA that will be keeping an eye out just in case harry comes to this again before then.
    My wife and I are both retired and on a fixed income. However, we ALWAYS send something to the NRA-ILA EVERY month. Thank you NRA!!!

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    They are only involved in legislation that furthers the parties overall agenda and ignore anything that will actually help the citizens directly especially if it is in a good way. ...the idiots that actually believe what they are saying and actually feel that it is going to help the country.
    You had it right the first time. They don't think it's going to help the country, and I'm not convinced that they even believe what they are saying. They think they are going to help themselves - and that's all that matters to them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast