Xenophobic purchases?

Thread: Xenophobic purchases?

Question Xenophobic purchases?

A recent news story I read stated that the CIA, MI6 etc. won't buy Lenovo products. I'm wondering how far this carries over into other markets and of course one of my favorites firearms and ammo. Mostly with regard to ammo I wonder with the ramping up of production of ammo to meet demands are we getting lesser products in some cases and if we are buying PMC, or Russian ammo to stock pile do we have something we can count on. With computer hardware like Lenovo cloning/replacing IBM I think there has to be some parallels.

The Chinese bought the Lenovo brand from IBM. Maybe they are concerned about the Chinese building a backdoor into the hardware.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    The Chinese bought the Lenovo brand from IBM. Maybe they are concerned about the Chinese building a backdoor into the hardware.
    That was my first thought.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

IBM Thinkpads were Lenovo products. Lenovo just bought out the IBM line.

Sent from my Lenovo Thinkpad E530. My first Thinkpad was an IBM 385CD made in Mexico. Second one was a made in China Thinkpad. Lenovo made but IBM brand.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    IBM Thinkpads were Lenovo products. Lenovo just bought out the IBM line.
    There operative word there is "were". Technology has changed a lot since then and China has had years to completely rewrite the inbuilt code to include what ever they want, including a back door. But China wouldn't do that, right? They are happy just poisoning our children and families with tainted paint on toys or toxic drywall.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Xenophobic purchases?

I think you can go crazy worrying about tech. But when you have keep up with who's who for everything down to a chip inside its just too crazy.