Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    1. Z-E-R-O

2. Paperwork.

Consider yourself complicit to the problem.
    RIIIGHT! Some of us live in the real world, some of us are Egyptian and live in the land of De-NILE!

3. Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    some of us are Egyptian and live in the land of De-NILE!
    I know that there is little to no hope left, I just haven't let it sink in yet. But instead of following you up that river, I think I'll try Josie's idea one more time. Now that it's established :-)

I would love a fair simple tax code. I have a greater chance of my wife becoming a 1840s Morman and demanding we take on additional young pretty wives.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I know that there is little to no hope left, I just haven't let it sink in yet. But instead of following you up that river, I think I'll try Josie's idea one more time. Now that it's established :-)
    To which "Josie" do you refer here? Is it this one?

Whether that's who you're referring to or not, what has "Josie" established as an "idea" that you're going to "try again?" And what does it have to do with the Fair Tax, or even taxation in general?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

Whether that's who you're referring to or not, what has "Josie" established as an "idea" that you're going to "try again?" And what does it have to do with the Fair Tax, or even taxation in general?
    Nope, pretty sure he's referring to this one, different episode, same plot.

Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government-josiepussycts.gif

7. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

BluesStringer, I am glad to see that you are aware :-)

Dare I say it on this lib site, but a couple of months ago she moved from this hell hole up to the Granite state. You know, that place where many on this liberal site wants to force mandate their version of utopia?

Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government-bujwt9sciaay001.jpg

BluesStringer, I am glad to see that you are aware :-)

Dare I say it on this lib site, but a couple of months ago she moved from this hell hole up to the Granite state. You know, that place where many on this liberal site wants to force mandate their version of utopia?

Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government-bujwt9sciaay001.jpg

You do realize, don't you, that "Josie" is 1) an anarchist, and 2) only known to us because she is a partner/spokesperson/follower of Larken Rose?

Saying that is not intended as a knock on either "Josie" or Larken. I am more and more open to the notion of "volunteerism," kind of new-speak for anarchism. But of the times I have seen Josie referenced here and on other forums, very rarely (actually, never so far, unless you're the first) does the person making the reference even know who she is or what political ideology she hails from. The fact is, it is by design that people don't know she's an anarchist. When the first mention of her new (at the time) YouTube channel appeared on this forum almost a year ago to the day, I was familiar enough with Larken Rose's style of production and oratory abilities to recognize her words as most likely originating with him, and I wrote about that here. My only criticism of the video being highlighted in that thread was that "Josie's" anarchism was being hidden, and I said this about that:

I personally would prefer that their anarchist's mindset be put out front instead of intertwining ideals of constitutional liberty with seemingly interchangeable anarchist ideas.
    Larken, and I presume Josie too, is a real anarchist, so intertwining ideas of constitutional liberty with anarchist ideas is a contradiction in terms. I don't appreciate subterfuge, more commonly referred to as being lied to. When it became public that Josie was actually being directed (literally) by Larken Rose as a way to sex his message up and make it more palatable to constitutional conservatives (or as I prefer, constitutional originalists), I lost a lot of respect for him, as he'd always been very forthright up to that point, but more importantly, his message(s) are quite compelling and convincing standing out front and on their own.

So here's my question for you, PAF: How does an anarchist buttress your criticisms of the Fair Tax, or any taxing authority at all? By definition, anarchists do not believe that government is ever legitimate, so of course Josie is not going to support any proposal on how best to collect taxes that feeds the beast that she believes is illegitimate to begin with. An anarchist opining on the prudence of any government program or set of laws seems rather mutually-exclusive in nature to me, unless that anarchist is using the discussion to further their anarchist's goals. The latter thought would be fine with me if it were delivered honestly, but it really hasn't been in Josie's case, and simply moving to another state to avoid state taxation does nothing to further her goals at the federal level either. And if she has joined the Free State Movement, she's either confused about her anarchism, or she's a shill for an ideology that the Free Staters are not a part of.

Yes, I am aware.......

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

9. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    You do realize, don't you, that "Josie" is 1) an anarchist, and 2) only known to us because she is a partner/spokesperson/follower of Larken Rose?

Yes, I am aware.......

Blues

This Republic has been co-opted even before the ink dried when the Constitution was ratified. In fact, MOST republicans today are so far LEFT, I can't wrap my head around it.

I can see that you are definitely in-the-know, Blues. Any in-depth conversation on this board, they would either consider me a LIB, or an outright Anarchist. My goal right now is to return to Constitutional government, though I don't see that happening due to the left-winger "republicans" who overwhelm this board and our country. The only way to do that is to attempt to waken the people, convince them to look at voting records, and vote NO on every single bill that crosses these legislatures tables, whether they sound "appealing" or not. Even then, we are attempting to make radical change in tptb play-pen which they will never let happen.

I know exactly where I stand. The problem is, there are no easy answers, other than to maybe work locally if you can. The FSP is a good example of what can be accomplished when like-minded people come together. There are other small areas across this country that are attempting the same.

Josie made the right move to live as free as she can given the options/circumstances. I have NO criticism of her or Larken whatsoever - isn't that what being Republican and "tolerance" is all about?

To answer the question about "fair tax", I have done the research. I am not the least bit interested in replacement-not-reform. 131 pages of wording is too much (Yes, I have read every word along with its companion S. 1025), when the entire bill can simply read: End the Fed, eliminate the IRS, repeal the 16 and 17th. Think of the ink that can be saved :-)

"Volunteerism", NAP, taxation=theft... you and I may be on the very same page.

"Volunteerism", NAP, taxation=theft... you and I may be on the very same page.
    1) Volunteerism is Larken Rose's synonym for anarchism. I fail to understand how it "=" theft.

2) Please un-acronym "NAP." I have no idea to what you are referring there.

3) Volunteerism and taxation are antithetical premises to each other, and don't belong in the same list that ends with "= theft."

At times it does sound like we're on the same page, and then other times I can't decipher what you're saying at all. I'll reserve judgment at least until you've made 20 or 30 posts with enough clarity to understand what you're trying to say. Clearly though, saying unequivocally that this is a "lib site" demonstrates a glaring lack of understanding or perception about either the majority of participating members here, or the English language in general.

Blues

11. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    1) Volunteerism is Larken Rose's synonym for anarchism. I fail to understand how it "=" theft.

2) Please un-acronym "NAP." I have no idea to what you are referring there.

3) Volunteerism and taxation are antithetical premises to each other, and don't belong in the same list that ends with "= theft."

At times it does sound like we're on the same page, and then other times I can't decipher what you're saying at all. I'll reserve judgment at least until you've made 20 or 30 posts with enough clarity to understand what you're trying to say. Clearly though, saying unequivocally that this is a "lib site" demonstrates a glaring lack of understanding or perception about either the majority of participating members here, or the English language in general.

Blues
    3 things that I agree with:

(1) "Volunteerism", (2) NAP, (3) taxation=theft

NAP is the Non-Aggression Principle. Some refer to it as the Golden Rule. There is of course, right to self defense, which is built in to the NAP.

My reference to "lib" is based upon the fact that as long as there is a letter "R" after a name, most folks, including gun-toters, are good with it, without even bothering to check voting records. I don't know what else to say or offer that our Republic has been deteriorating not only at the hands of liberals, but also the so-called "republicans" whose records would make any lib proud.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast