Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    3 things that I agree with:

(1) "Volunteerism", (2) NAP, (3) taxation=theft

NAP is the Non-Aggression Principle. Some refer to it as the Golden Rule. There is of course, right to self defense, which is built in to the NAP.

My reference to "lib" is based upon the fact that as long as there is a letter "R" after a name, most folks, including gun-toters, are good with it, without even bothering to check voting records. I don't know what else to say or offer that our Republic has been deteriorating not only at the hands of liberals, but also the so-called "republicans" whose records would make any lib proud.
    I got the PM (twice as a matter of fact). I suggest you post that as a reply. It was good stuff and gives the reader a window into your soul that for some reason you don't appear to want to share in public. That's fine, but just so you know, I don't like to carry on discussions that started in public via PMs, and that's why I didn't reply. It's nothing personal. I rarely even PM people with whom I am very friendly and know (as well as people can be "known" on internet forums) fairly well. Except for exchanging contact info, I just prefer to keep public discussions public.

I find your use of the pejorative "lib" to be kinda like the accusation of "racist" that gets thrown around so casually that it really has no meaning anymore. In that case, it's usually used to shut down debate, not further it. Beyond that, I don't find "lib" to be accurate for the most part around here. The fact that politicians betray the ideals and beliefs of the individuals who vote for them doesn't mean the individual voter is "liberal," it just means they're holding onto hope of finding that rarest of birds, an honest politician, that you and others (myself included) have given up holding onto. It seems to me that it's blaming the victim when the betrayed are blamed for the actions of the betrayers. Hardly seems fair, does it?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Great discussion Blues and ProudAmerican, very enlightening dialog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I got the PM (twice as a matter of fact). I suggest you post that as a reply. It was good stuff and gives the reader a window into your soul that for some reason you don't appear to want to share in public. That's fine, but just so you know, I don't like to carry on discussions that started in public via PMs, and that's why I didn't reply. It's nothing personal. I rarely even PM people with whom I am very friendly and know (as well as people can be "known" on internet forums) fairly well. Except for exchanging contact info, I just prefer to keep public discussions public.

I find your use of the pejorative "lib" to be kinda like the accusation of "racist" that gets thrown around so casually that it really has no meaning anymore. In that case, it's usually used to shut down debate, not further it. Beyond that, I don't find "lib" to be accurate for the most part around here. The fact that politicians betray the ideals and beliefs of the individuals who vote for them doesn't mean the individual voter is "liberal," it just means they're holding onto hope of finding that rarest of birds, an honest politician, that you and others (myself included) have given up holding onto. It seems to me that it's blaming the victim when the betrayed are blamed for the actions of the betrayers. Hardly seems fair, does it?

Blues
    Duly noted. I have been perusing this site and it appears that there is much in common, hopefully providing insight and setting the records straight on any such remainders.

As for sharing the window into my soul, perhaps someday if/when the time is right.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, Blues :-)

Blog Entries

Aaron Russo's Documentary ''America Freedom To Fascism''

“Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Blog Entries

The Federal Reserve Christmas gift story

The Federal Reserve Christmas gift story is another good reason to start with the FAIR TAX, eliminating the IRS and if we can get a President that will eliminate the Federal Reserve without getting assassinated it would be a great gift to our children and grandchildren and all future generations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...sc-APX6wV1twLg
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Our federal and state laws could use an overhaul, whether it be a simplified income tax, or a whole new tax method.

Regardless, there will always be a need for enforcement, as those who must pay the tax, and even those who must collect it, will forever be trying to avoid both. I've earned a good living both prosecuting and defending such people under the current system. I don't see any of that changing under a revised system. Changing the system of tax isn't going to change humane nature.

Thus, there will always be a need for an administrative and enforcement agency like the IRS

Drudge report says repubs not pushing for tax reform in the next two years

Blog Entries
    With the fair tax, everyone pays their tax when they make a purchase. The end provider gets paid a % of the collection. The State get their cut and they send the rest to the feds.

I feel the Fair Tax system proposed a couple of years ago would be the best system we could have. You are taxed on what you spend, not what you make. So, that means all will be taxed, even if you are not a legal citizen. If you are a citizen and make a minimal income, you will get a rebate. And your sales receipt is your proof of taxes paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    With the fair tax, everyone pays their tax when they make a purchase. The end provider gets paid a % of the collection. The State get their cut and they send the rest to the feds.
    That's similar to most state sales tax systems.

In states with sales tax laws, avoidance of both the collection of the tax and the payment of the tax is common. That is not a reason to switch systems, but it exemplifies why an administrative enforcement agency like the the IRS would still me necessary.

No matter how "fair" the tax is, there will always be a significant potion of people trying to avoid paying it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234