Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government

Blog Entries

Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government

I attended a We the People Ohio Valley meeting Aug. 1st. where Jim Ullom Ohio's 6th. district Director for Fair Tax educated a full house.
    Jim pointed out all the advantages of a fair tax and I can’t elaborate on everything, here are a few that got my attention.

The IRS is greatly reduced or eliminated.

No Payroll, Estate, Gift, or Business Taxes. Just think if Corporate taxes are eliminated Business from around the World would flock to America, the new safe haven, manufactures will move back home, and when you call your computer help line they may even speak English.

No IRS returns, April 15th. is just another Spring day.

No Federal Holdings from you pay check.

You don't have to save your receipts for a day let alone 7 years.

The end user is the only one that pays taxes, The farmer and his employees don't pay taxes to grow the wheat, the mill and their employees don't pay taxes to mill it, and the baker and his employees don't pay taxes to bake it, Krogers and their employees don't pay taxes to provide it.
    The consumer pays a 23% tax that will already be added to the cost of the bread that should end up at about the same price as it is now prior to Fair Tax because of all the taxes saved along the way.

So how does that allow the United States to have enough tax income to run the Country?
    Everybody pays it doesn't matter if they are drug dealers, Illegal Immigrants, Foreign Visitors, or the kid down the street selling lemonade, they pay when they buy their lemons and sugar.

The money is collected by Licensed Businesses and the Individual States, each get to keep 1/4 of 1% of the money collected, and the rest is passed on to the Federal Government.
    A little different than it is now with the IRS picking winners and losers, taking a big portion for themselves, and than passing it on to the Federal Government to waste before they dibby out to the States as they see fit to promote their agendas.
    Think back to all the blackmail that went on during the Obamacare pay to play.

The very best thing about the Fair Tax is All those Senators and Congressman that benefit from all the Lobbyist trying to get tax reductions for their Corporations will go away.

Why do you think Bill Johnson said, "I like the Fair Tax, but I like the Flat Tax better"?
    With the Flat Tax nothing changes, we still have the IRS, and we still have Lobbyist that can dump money in the Politicians war chest and soon we will be right back were we are now.

What is Prebate?
    Everyone and I mean everyone doesn't matter if you make $30,000. a year or $30,000,000. All you do is send a request for a prebate to the Social Security office (once a year) all you put on the form is how many Legal adults live in the home they can be married or unmarried couples and how many children reside there. You will be sent a monthly check of about $200.00 per adult and approx. $70.00 per child to compensate for the taxes you paid on necessities like food and medical expenses.
    If you don't want the Gov. involved in you life at all, don't apply.

For information you can contact the Ohio Fair Tax Website Ohio's Fair Tax Volunteer Team - Home

There is going to be Documentary about the Corruption of the IRS and the Fair Tax solution. (Remember Strike while the Iron is hot)
    There is a small group of contributors developing a movie.

Below is a trailer of the Movie it is a very worth while promotion.

When we talk about smaller Government, just think what this will do toward that end.

One last thing, Call your Congressman, Call the Speaker of the House and also call Chairman Camp of the House Ways and Means Committee and ask him to move HR25 out of Committee.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Blog Entries

Is there a law requiring us to pay income tax?

“Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    Actually, there IS a law that requires payment of income tax. The following is from George Washington University's income tax myths page:

The most basic myth of tax protestors is that there is simply no law mandating the payment of income taxes. Tax protestors frequently say “if only someone would show me the law that says that I have to file a tax return and pay taxes, I’d be happy to do it.”OK, here are the laws that (a) impose an income tax on you, (b) require you to file an income tax return, and (c) require you to pay taxes:
    § 1

The federal tax laws are contained in the Internal Revenue Code, which was passed by the United States Congress. The Internal Revenue Code is also known as Title 26 of the United States Code, which is the compilation of all the laws passed by Congress.
    The Internal Revenue Code is the law that requires people to pay taxes.
    The most important statutory provision with regard to income taxes is the very first: section one of the tax code, 26 U.S.C. § 1. Section one imposes the income tax. If you are unmarried, the relevant provision is § 1(c), which states:
    26 U.S.C. § 1
    There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of every individual . . . who is not a married individual a tax determined in accordance with the following table:
    followed by a table specifying the tax rates on various income amounts. If you are married, you are covered by the similar provision at § 1(a).
    § 61 and § 63

Section 1 imposes the tax on your “taxable income.” How do you know what that is? Section 63 of the Code defines “taxable income” to mean “gross income minus the deductions allowed” by chapter 1 of the Code. So now we need to know what “gross income” is. Section 61 of the Code provides the critical definition:
    26 U.S.C. § 61
    [G]ross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:
    (1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;
    (2) Gross income derived from business;
    (3) Gains derived from dealings in property;
    (4) Interest;
    (5) Rents;
    (6) Royalties;
    (7) Dividends;
    . . .
    There are 15 items in the full list (only the first seven are quoted here), but the key part of the definition is that gross income means “all income from whatever source derived.”
    So, between sections 1, 61, and 63, the tax code passed by Congress imposes a tax on your taxable income, which includes all your income, from whatever source derived, less the deductions allowed by the tax laws.

Now, how do you know that you have to file a tax return and actually pay the tax?

§ 6012 and § 6151
    Section 6151 of the code, 26 U.S.C. § 6151, says:
    26 U.S.C. § 6151
    [W]hen a return of tax is required under this title or regulations, the person required to make such return shall, without assessment or notice and demand from the Secretary, pay such tax to the internal revenue officer with whom the return is filed, and shall pay such tax at the time and place fixed for filing the return (determined without regard to any extension of time for filing the return).
    So according to this section, if you are required to file a tax return, you are required to pay the tax owed, to pay it at the time you file your return, and to pay it to the internal revenue officer with whom you file the return.
    But who says you’re required to file the return? Turn back to section 6012(a) of the code, 26 U.S.C. § 6012(a), which provides:
    26 U.S.C. § 6012(a)
    Returns with respect to income taxes * * * shall be made by the following:
    (1)(A) Every individual having for the taxable year gross income which equals or exceeds * * * the exemption amount plus the basic standard deduction * * *.
    The “exemption amount” is defined in 26 U.S.C. § 151(d) as $2000, adjusted for inflation since 1989. The "basic standard deduction" is defined in 26 U.S.C. § 63(c) as $3000, also adjusted for inflation. You can see the adjusted amounts for the current tax year in the IRS instructions to form 1040. If you have more income than the sum of the two amounts, section 6012 requires you to file a tax return.
    So there it is:
    Sections 1, 61, and 63 impose the tax,
    Section 6012 requires you to file a tax return if you have income of more than the exemption amount plus the basic standard deduction, and
    Section 6151 requires you to pay the tax at the time and place fixed for the filing of your return.

§ 6072

And when is your return due? Section 6072 provides the answer: “[R]eturns made on the basis of the calendar year shall be filed on or before the 15th day of April following the close of the calendar year.” This is the statutory basis for the familiar April 15 tax deadline.
    Of course, there’s a lot more to know if you want to achieve a full understanding of the tax system. For example, other statutory provisions besides the ones quoted above create the system of tax withholding, whereby you actually pay your taxes on your wages in advance, each time you receive a paycheck, so that on the day your return is due the government usually ends up owing you a refund. If you have substantial amounts of income other than wages, there are other sections that require you to pay estimated taxes each quarter. And, needless to say, there are innumerable statutory provisions that more specifically define how much income tax you owe. But you only need to look at a few simple statutory sections, shown above, to see that the duty to pay income tax is mandatory.
    You can look up the above statutes yourself in any law library or online. These statutes demonstrate that the claim that there is no law requiring average Americans to file income tax returns or pay income tax is complete nonsense.
    For information on other income tax myths, go to the main page, Tax Protesters

That's what makes the FairTax so important - it REPEALS the Sixteenth Amendment; the flat tax, Herman Cain's 9-9-9 tax program, etc., all keep the Sixteenth Amendment in place, and with it, the government's authority to tax income.

Also, Debray, the Ways and Means Committee will have its first vote on the FairTax within the next 30 - 45 days, so we do really need to keep the heat on!

The Fair Tax which taxes people on new items that THEY decide to purchase and as such is eminently fairer than an Income Tax which penalizes you for earning MORE money. Under the Fair Tax there is NO federal payroll tax automatically deducted from your check as there is with an income tax. If you get promoted, an income tax penalizes that b y taking MORE of YOUR money! Get a better paying job and the income tax takes more of your money. I was very skeptical a few years ago about the Fair tax, but go to FairTax.org and look for the FAQ.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

The Fair Tax is great in theory but it will never be enacted. Do you think our lawmakers are going to deprive themselves of all the money they get from the lobbyists, et al? Nope, I don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The Fair Tax is great in theory but it will never be enacted. Do you think our lawmakers are going to deprive themselves of all the money they get from the lobbyists, et al? Nope, I don't either.
    Yep... that's okay Oldgrunt, those @ssholes will be dealt with in time. The new American gov't will be much different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Yep... that's okay Oldgrunt, those @ssholes will be dealt with in time. The new American gov't will be much different.
    Bob: The thing that worries me right now is what our new government will look like. I am afraid it may be in the likeness of what Obama and his handlers have stirred up, or a new, improved version, so to speak. We aren't showing any signs of regaining our sanity or integrity of years past. The future seems more ominous to me rather than bright. I wish I could feel otherwise but there are too many warning signs cropping up to indicate we are in deep kimchee. Let's hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Bob: The thing that worries me right now is what our new government will look like. I am afraid it may be in the likeness of what Obama and his handlers have stirred up, or a new, improved version, so to speak. We aren't showing any signs of regaining our sanity or integrity of years past. The future seems more ominous to me rather than bright. I wish I could feel otherwise but there are too many warning signs cropping up to indicate we are in deep kimchee. Let's hope for the best!
    There's more of us than you think....

Keep your powder dry, weapons lubed and head on strait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Blog Entries

The Fair Tax is our only Chance

The only chance we have of stopping the Federal inspector, who will supervise our books and papers and business secrets is the Fair Tax.
    “Prior to ratification of the 16th (income tax) Amendment in February 1913, the federal government managed its few constitutional responsibilities without an income tax, except during the Civil War period. During peacetime, it did so largely — or entirely — on import taxes called “tariffs.”
    Congress could afford to run the federal government on tariffs alone because federal responsibilities did not include welfare programs, agricultural subsidies, or social insurance programs like Social Security, Medicare, or Obamacare.
    After the Civil War, tariff revenues sometimes suffered under the policies ushered in by the Republican Party that supplemented federal income via excises on alcohol, tobacco, and inheritances.
    But before the war, the need for tariff revenue to finance the federal government generally kept the tariff at reasonable levels. During wartime throughout early American history, the Founding Fathers were able to raise additional revenue employing a different method of direct taxation authorized by the U.S. Constitution prior to the 16th Amendment. These alternative taxing methods gave the young American nation embarrassing peacetime budget surpluses that several times came close to paying off the national debt.
    “Old Hickory” presided over a nation where Congress had abolished all federal internal taxes except tariffs, and no citizen saw a tax collector of the United States unless that citizen was in the business of importing foreign goods.
    While American consumers were occasionally manipulated by outrageously high protective tariffs,” inside the United States a massive free market emerged over which the U.S. government had almost no influence.
    Even the Tariff of Abominations was not so high that it choked off revenue for imports from every industry.
    “Massachusetts Rep. Samuel McCall argued in a speech before the U.S. House of Representatives as Congress debated the 16th Amendment, legalizing the income tax in 1909. He said, “leads me to believe that the chief purpose of the tax is not financial, but social. It is not primarily to raise money for the state, but to regulate the citizen and to regenerate the moral nature of man. The individual citizen will be called on to lay bare the inner-most recesses of his soul in affidavits, and with the aid of the Federal inspector, who will supervise his books and papers and business secrets, he may be made to be good, according the notions of virtue at the moment prevailing in Washington.”
    Now the income tax has produced the type of revenue that has made a massive transfer of wealth from the productive to the unproductive possible, the incentives — through thousands of deductions and tax credits — have manipulated the American people into choices that they wouldn’t have otherwise made in a free market. These manipulations — whether you’re in favour of “green energy” research, “cash for clunker” automobile purchases, protecting union’s bloated pensions, or tobacco crop subsidies — have been chosen according to the prevailing virtue of the Elites in Washington.

Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government-government-vultures.jpg

Our National Symbol is no longer the American Eagle. The symbol of our government is the Vulture.
    Where the IRS, NSA, EPA, OSHA, etc. etc. etc. are pointing their guns in the direction of anyone that refuses to do what the government commands.
    We no longer live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    We live in a place where our God given rights are no longer secure.
    The government which was created to protect our rights is now exploiting us for the benefit of the Government Elites.
    It’s not just the Federal Government that extorts it’s citizens why do some home owners pay more property taxes than others and those that don’t own homes pay nothing?
    Because we can be blackmailed and if you don’t pay they take your home and sell it to the highest bidder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images Fair Tax may be The only way to Limit Government-1418046640675.jpg 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast