Politically incorrect city.

Thread: Politically incorrect city.

Politically incorrect city.

Since when did citizen become such a bad word? And how can you invite folks to a brown bag luncheon if you can't use brown bag within the city gov't. Seattle is the city and it has just gone nuts.Seattle To Ban ?Potentially Offensive? Words Like ?Brown Bag? And ?Citizen? - Fox Nation
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Blog Entries
    Just one of many reasons I'm moving out of here!

McDonald's puts their food in WHITE bags, now that is racist.

I guess the can always use subjects or serfs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Since when did citizen become such a bad word? And how can you invite folks to a brown bag luncheon if you can't use brown bag within the city gov't. Seattle is the city and it has just gone nuts.Seattle To Ban ?Potentially Offensive? Words Like ?Brown Bag? And ?Citizen? - Fox Nation
    I have a real hard time repeating the words "the land of the Free and home of the brave"
    In 1939 Germany, If you used certain words or made statements against the Reich you were being politically incorrect.
    We have progressed since then. Then you would end up losing everything you owned and you were sent to a death camp
    Today you still may lose everything you own.
    and with that I leave you with my
    last words to the song.
    The land that once was free, because of the brave.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

I don't believe there is a word that can't be interpreted in such a way that it is derogatory to someone. Problem is, words tend to change over time. Take the word "gay." When I was young and in school, it meant carefree, unworried, etc. Now it has an entirely different meaning; if I called someone "gay" the way I learned the word, I would be in so much trouble... Of course, there are those who wouldn't care if I called them gay or not. I'd never heard of the "brown bag" being used to tell someone's race; to me, it just means a bag to carry my lunch to work. "Citizen" used the way the article mentions is correct; "Citizens of Seattle" merely means "Residents of Seattle." At least, that's what my dictionary tells me.
    TANSTAAFL

A friend that lives in Washington said today, "And this is a surprise to you in what way?" He says that Washington is going down as fast as NY.

Political correctness; the assumption that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    know what? I'm tired of being called white, whitey, white bread, etc. I'm not white, I'm tan. And right now, in August, I'm brown from the sun. The only place even close to white is my untanned ass. And they can kiss it. Good luck stopping anyone from exercising their first amendment right to verbally invite their fellow "citizen" to a "brown-bag lunch."
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. What about this? » Principal Says Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwiches Are Racist Barstool Sports: New York City This country is off the rails.

Heck, I'm still flabbergasted by the whole "Merry Christmas" thing. I'm Christian, and if someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah or blessed (insert other religion's holiday here) I'd say "Thank you!" instead of flipping out or getting all offended. The very idea of getting offended by the use of the word "citizen" or "brown bag" is just idiotic in my view. Then again, noone asked me.