Public School Teachers and staff disarmed by Democrats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public School Teachers and staff disarmed by Democrats

Public School Teachers and staff disarmed by Democrats

I'm sure most have heard about Attorney General Dustin McDaniel, a Democrat, has denied Arkansas Public School teachers or staff to carry weapons of any kind on Arkansas school campuses. This edict came down from On High quickly after Clarksville School District announced it would train teachers and staff as guards at the City schools.
    I'm curious, if there is a lawyer out there, that if the unthinkable should happen and a Conn. type shooting occur in Arkansas, can this Attorney General be sued by the families or charged with wrongful death?
    Just as the Federal Government should be curbed in how it dictates to the states, State Government should be curbed in how it dictates to townships. No one has the right, legally or otherwise, to mandate that children be unguarded in today's society.

They cannot allow any school to try as, if it succeeds, the whole Progressive plan to demand more government and less guns is proved wrong. In Kansas, the legislature passed a law allowing schools to designate trained employees to conceal carry on campus. The insurance company that provides liability insurance to a majority of the state's schools announced they would refuse to provide liabilty insurance to schools allowing carrying by school employees (teachers or administrators) irregardless of any additional training by those selected to carry. The business had to be leftist-leaning as if gun-friendly, would know the chances of shootings there are much greater as a gun-free zone.
    -----They could have worked out sufficient parameters to make things the safest possible, if they wanted. I have suggested to some that any selected by schools could go through specialized training by the state or counties that could allow them to become reserve or part-time police or sheriff deputies. Front Sight Gun Training in Nevada stated they would train any designated school teacher or administrator for free. Then I see no legal way an insurance company can prohibit liability coverage for the school. Or, the State Insurance Commissioner could mandate the insurance carrier cannot prohibit coverage if they want to operate in the state. There are ways to counter the libs' assaults, if the will.
    -----Several of the large districts stated they would not allow school employees to carry, no matter what, prior to the insurance company's announcement. Several, including Topeka, have their own school police force so provide pretty good coverage, although one person in each school armed would work better than a school resource officer covering several schools as now. It would give that extra layer of coverage.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

4. Armed Security Guards may be hired to protect schools. The teachers and staff received 53 hours of intensive training already, some school specific, and passed to obtain their armed security guard licenses. The outgoing, sex-scandal ridden AG said since they weren't a private armed security guard company, they couldn't carry.

They already spent 15,000 bucks for training, to be told this. If they form a private security guard company, with all credentials, and get the signed ASP document (they may have it already) that there will be Armed Security Guards in the schools in the district, they may proceed.

It may take some rearranging of employment description of staff/support personnel, but it is doable.

This is McDaniel's last big spit-in-the-face before his departure from the AG's office. Good riddance.

If the district's insurance company will not cover because legal, armed security guards are employed by the school district to protect kids, then that's out of the district's hands, unless they want to find another company to underwrite insurance.

Howdy,

There's already a thread about this located here:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...sville-ar.html

McDaniel, who is a POS, doesn't have an anti-gun agenda, but instead was asked his opinion of the matter based on this law and other state laws and McDaniel's opinion was based on the law that teachers and staff CANNOT possess a firearm on school campus. Even if the teacher and or staff member has an armed security guard license they are still a teacher/staff member.

Pretty simple.

I do not agree with McDaniel's opinion or with Our State Law and feel the the law needs to be changed so we do not have to depend on the opinion of the AG.

Pretty simple.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

If those teachers received 53 hours of "intensive" training, then they're more qualified to carry than most armed security officers I know. (or most cops, for that matter...).
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

As I understand the ruling the consequence would be that no insurance company would issue insurance to school teachers or school staff trained as guards. This would effectively keep persons so trained from performing that duty which was the intention of the AG. The "trained guard" issue was a loophole in the law which McDaniel closed with his interpretation of the law.

"I" stands for Intimidation.

Politics running rampant in Arkansas. The AG wants the names of teachers licensed to carry exposed to the public.
    ~
    Ark. attorney general says school must name teachers in gun program | Fox News
    ~
    Can anyone say "intimidation" this is just what any liberal would do to a law abiding citizen willing to put their neck on the line to protect the children in their care.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Politics running rampant in Arkansas. The AG wants the names of teachers licensed to carry exposed to the public.
    ~
    Ark. attorney general says school must name teachers in gun program | Fox News
    ~
    Can anyone say "intimidation" this is just what any liberal would do to a law abiding citizen willing to put their neck on the line to protect the children in their care.
    More BS from Faux Noise.

Arkansas has a State Law that says no one has the right to know who has a CHCL. The list of people with a CHCL can NOT be releases to the public under any circumstance.

Paul

Howdy JJ,

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    If those teachers received 53 hours of "intensive" training, then they're more qualified to carry than most armed security officers I know. (or most cops, for that matter...).
    Like I posted in the other thread, this may seem like a lot of training to a person with little or no formal training, but in reality it is very, very little training. The "Armed Security Guard" training has more to do with guarding a factory, business, etc. and the legal aspect of being a security guard than it does with clearing a classroom with an active shooter in the school building, or engaging an active shooter in a crowded classroom or hallway.

I've spent many, many hours, weeks, months and even years doing CQB drills while I was in the military and as a Gov't employee and contractor and 53 hours of "intensive training" for someone with the "mindset" and "demeanor" to be a school teacher isn't adequate.

Hire school teachers to teach and hire gunslingers to tote a gun. If the teachers want to be a gunslinger they need to be properly trained.

Paul

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

More BS from Faux Noise.

Arkansas has a State Law that says no one has the right to know who has a CHCL. The list of people with a CHCL can NOT be releases to the public under any circumstance.

Paul
    Hi again Pretty Simple Paul,

Still posting bullcrap I see. Your AG apparently disagrees with your assessment of state law under some (likely made up) rubric of extenuating circumstances. He's quoted in the article that you managed to dismiss without even reading as saying:

"Given the unusual duties and responsibilities the school district intended to assign to the ERT members, I must conclude that knowing the number of ERTS members and their identities would shed great light on the school district's performance of its duties," McDaniel wrote. "In my opinion, though the privacy interest is weighty, the public's interest is at least as weighty, which means that the record must be disclosed."
    Better get on the horn and tell him how full of crap he is, Pretty Simple Paul.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast