HR2910 - Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act of 2013 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HR2910 - Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act of 2013

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    The text of HR2910 is in, didn't want to post the law until we saw it. The bill (if passed) would outlaw the advertising and sale of any parts kit that falls under their definitions of an 'assault weapon' ...

What they have done is throw this into a massive bill that is 90% about mental health care. They have also added language at the end to say 'nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize any type of advocating gun control' (paraphrasing) hoping it would appease pro gun representatives.

Proposed Federal Gun Legislation HB2910 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    I had Chinese food tonight. Ate with chopsticks. By their logic that makes me Chinese.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I had Chinese food tonight. Ate with chopsticks. By their logic that makes me Chinese.
    Are you?
    Chief

4. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Yes, and because it is officially a numbered and posted resolution, you are able to call your representative and weigh in. That is, unless you trust them.
    -
    They are our employees, these are the things they are doing. If we let them run amok we end up with things like Obamacare and the original "Assault Weapons Ban"
    Erm, that's not a resolution. HR designated items from the US house are bills. Resolutions from the house are marked H.Res
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Erm, that's not a resolution. HR designated items from the US house are bills. Resolutions from the house are marked H.Res
    I stand corrected. Do you disagree with my point though?
    Chief

HR2910 - Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act of 2013

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    another clueless one, people like you need to learn how the legislatures in this country work
    Sorry dad. Can I still borrow the car tonight?

I seriously doubt that there would be even one single iota of knowledge that you posses that would be worth more than a depleted colostomy bag...

ETA: I am aware and VERY involved with contacting my representatives.
    And I think it's time to put you on the ignorant list so I don't have to read any more of your blather.

7. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I stand corrected. Do you disagree with my point though?
    Well your comment was it would never make it to a committee which it already has if you look at the page.

Now, whether it has a chance in hell of coming to a vote is another topic completely BUT if we just sit around and say it hasn't got a chance every time a bill comes out sooner or later they are going to get one through.
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Well your comment was it would never make it to a committee which it already has if you look at the page.

Now, whether it has a chance in hell of coming to a vote is another topic completely BUT if we just sit around and say it hasn't got a chance every time a bill comes out sooner or later they are going to get one through.
    Um, you are mistaken, so quit putting words in my mouth. What part of this quote mentions anything about making it to committee, coming up for a vote, or predictions of whether or not it passes?

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Yes, and because it is officially a numbered and posted resolution, you are able to call your representative and weigh in. That is, unless you trust them.
    -
    They are our employees, these are the things they are doing. If we let them run amok we end up with things like Obamacare and the original "Assault Weapons Ban"
    If you don't have the time to call your representative fine. If you have better ways to keep track of pending legislation fine. I personally like it when someone notices something and brings it to the attention of people that might not be as politically savvy as yourself.
    Chief

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12