HR2910 - Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act of 2013
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HR2910 - Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act of 2013

1. HR2910 - Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act of 2013

The text of HR2910 is in, didn't want to post the law until we saw it. The bill (if passed) would outlaw the advertising and sale of any parts kit that falls under their definitions of an 'assault weapon' ...

What they have done is throw this into a massive bill that is 90% about mental health care. They have also added language at the end to say 'nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize any type of advocating gun control' (paraphrasing) hoping it would appease pro gun representatives.

Proposed Federal Gun Legislation HB2910 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

3. Attention to fellow Patriots and gun owners:

This bill is nothing but a poorly disguised attempt to circumvent the 2nd Amendment (again). Under the provisions of this law, if signed, would be the ability of the corrupt federal government to ban the sale of repair and replacement parts for almost any semi-automatic rifle. Call your Senators and Congressmen, this must not pass!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I haven't heard about this before. Thanks for posting about it. I get alerts from GOA, SAF and JPFO regularly, and still haven't heard of it. I just wrote the following to GOA:

Hello,

Someone posted a link on a forum I frequent to this House Bill that I'd never heard of before.

http://amgoa.org/gun-law-texts/United-States/HB2910-Introduc ed-2013-08-07.pdf

Was wondering if you guys can tell me anything about it. Anything to be concerned about? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,

Blues
    I've written to GOA several times before and they're always pretty good about getting back to me in a timely manner (like a day or three usually). I'll let y'all know if/when I hear back from 'em.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    The text of HR2910 is in, didn't want to post the law until we saw it. The bill (if passed) would outlaw the advertising and sale of any parts kit that falls under their definitions of an 'assault weapon' ...

What they have done is throw this into a massive bill that is 90% about mental health care. They have also added language at the end to say 'nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize any type of advocating gun control' (paraphrasing) hoping it would appease pro gun representatives.

Proposed Federal Gun Legislation HB2910 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    boys and girls, go take a civics lesson, this bill has a snowballs chance of ever even making it to a committee.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    boys and girls, go take a civics lesson, this bill has a snowballs chance of ever even making it to a committee.
    Famous last words!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Famous last words!
    another clueless one, people like you need to learn how the legislatures in this country work

The thing I dislike most about the process is the omnibus bill. They connect unrelated laws together and vote all or nothing even though the two issues have nothing to do with each other. Merely appeasing both political parties.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The thing I dislike most about the process is the omnibus bill. They connect unrelated laws together and vote all or nothing even though the two issues have nothing to do with each other. Merely appeasing both political parties.
    republicans and democraps are two checks from the same ass, those omnibus rules are creations of the politicians, and they like these rules that allow scams like this need to be removed

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    another clueless one, people like you need to learn how the legislatures in this country work
    Yes, and because it is officially a numbered and posted resolution, you are able to call your representative and weigh in. That is, unless you trust them.
    -
    They are our employees, these are the things they are doing. If we let them run amok we end up with things like Obamacare and the original "Assault Weapons Ban"
    Chief

Gun control freaks are, and always have been, a bunch of lying, cheating, underhanded scammers. I know everyone already knew that, just venting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast