White House Response to making School's safer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White House Response to making School's safer

White House Response to making School's safer

This is what I got after signing a petition concerning arming teachers. Really? Spend money on more counselors, psychologists, and social workers? Well I guess we can try to get the survivor's head's shrunk after seeing half their classmates killed.

The White House

Here's How We Actually Make Schools Safer

Thank you for your petition.

We're glad you're interested in making schools safer—it's a critical priority. That’s what we heard when we spoke with educators, police officers and first responders, and policy experts from across the country.

And helping law enforcement agencies hire school resource officers for school districts that want them should definitely be part of the solution.

But it's not the only step we need to take.

The President’s plan to reduce gun violence calls on Congress to provide $150 million for school districts and law enforcement agencies to hire staff to improve school safety. This grant program would empower school districts and law enforcement agencies to decide whether to use the funds to hire school resource officers, psychologists, social workers, or counselors based on the needs of their local schools.

We're working to help ensure that schools have effective and reliable emergency management plans in place, and that students and staff are prepared to follow these plans. That last step is critical. A 2010 survey found that while 84 percent of public schools had a written response plan in the event of a shooting, only 52 percent had drilled their students on the plan in the past year. That number has to improve.

The President has also proposed a new initiative to help thousands of schools train their teachers and staff to improve school climate by promoting positive student behavior, which evidence shows is a key step to reduce violence and bullying.

And the President has also proposed a new $130 million initiative to increase access to mental health services by taking steps such as helping teachers and other adults recognize signs of mental illness in students and refer them to help if needed. As President Obama has said repeatedly, the vast majority of people with mental health problems are not violent and are in fact more likely to be the victims than the perpetrators of crime, but we know that too many of our young people turn to suicide when experiencing mental health disorders and in some cases -- an untreated condition can lead to further tragedy.

We share your commitment to improving the physical security of our nation's schools, but we just don't think that's enough to guarantee the safety of our kids by itself. We hope you'll join us in pushing for a comprehensive solution.

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy
    Please do not reply to this email. Contact the White House

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I got the same e mail today, read a couple lines into it and was plainly obvious the white house doesnt intend on allowing firearms inside schools or allowing teachers to carry firearms. Their only solution was putting a band aid on the situation and plan on going after guns after the next school shooting, and I say next because its going to happen, give it another year or two and well be back at the same table discussing the same things with the exact same outcome. When will Dems and Washington realize the only thing thats going to stop a BG with a gun is a GG with a gun. Takes too long for Police to arrive, even 30 seconds is too long. I can fire off a mag and reload in that same 30 seconds.
    Either way. I dont really do much with the white house online petitions. Doesnt solve anything, they give the same Generic responses to almost every petition, which is BAND AIDS. Oh well.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

I am simply amazed at the way the libs have put their head under the sand on this issue. The numbers are right there before them. Studies by Clinton (aka slick willy) and Obama prove the value of MORE guns in the hands of HONEST citizens in prevention of gun or other violence. There is just no teaching those who have no eyes to see.

It reminds me of a buddy of mine several years ago. His wife was having an affair and everyone knew it except him. His wife called mine and asked if she wanted to split rent on an appt they could use alternately as a love nest. When we shared that tidbit with him he found a way to explain it away (after another yr he caught on and divorced her, then remarried her then finally divorced her permanently).

Denial is amazing. Standing there looking at the noon day sun and saying it is dark. Don't confuse them with facts, it just pisses them off (see Piers Morgan).
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

OK, I am definitely not a supporter of Barry. But When they spend our money on things I tend to look at it closely. At least in the first part of the letter they have done something good:

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    The White House

Here's How We Actually Make Schools Safer

Thank you for your petition.

We're glad you're interested in making schools safer—it's a critical priority. That’s what we heard when we spoke with educators, police officers and first responders, and policy experts from across the country.

And helping law enforcement agencies hire school resource officers for school districts that want them should definitely be part of the solution.

But it's not the only step we need to take.

The President’s plan to reduce gun violence calls on Congress to provide $150 million for school districts and law enforcement agencies to hire staff to improve school safety. This grant program would empower school districts and law enforcement agencies to decide whether to use the funds to hire school resource officers, psychologists, social workers, or counselors based on the needs of their local schools.

We're working to help ensure that schools have effective and reliable emergency management plans in place, and that students and staff are prepared to follow these plans. That last step is critical. A 2010 survey found that while 84 percent of public schools had a written response plan in the event of a shooting, only 52 percent had drilled their students on the plan in the past year. That number has to improve.
    OK, what I get from this is that they had no choice but to fund something (paid for by China, obviously) but at least if that money comes to MY state we can put a few more cops in the school rather than hiring "social workers. At least they didn't mandate head-shrinkers. Schools should also have a plan in place in case another idiot shows up with guns. The kids won't be armed, but I would like them to know what to do to make sure the resource officer has a clean shot at the bastard.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I got the same e mail today, read a couple lines into it and was plainly obvious the white house doesnt intend on allowing firearms inside schools or allowing teachers to carry firearms. Their only solution was putting a band aid on the situation and plan on going after guns after the next school shooting, and I say next because its going to happen, give it another year or two and well be back at the same table discussing the same things with the exact same outcome.
    True. I don't think they can prohibit firearms in schools. I think that would be a state issue, but the feds sure don't condone it. The funny thing is that we have armed persons guarding our money in banks, the DMV, government offices, courts, subways, airlines, national monuments, national and state parks, public demonstrations, parades, NYC television stations, celebrities, elected officials, etc. But we don't protect our most precious resource... children. And those who oppose it should be ashamed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

ezkl2230 Guest
    I like the other petition designed to really reinforce the absurdity of the GFSZA that calls for the elimination of the security details for the pres, VP, and every other elected official, and replace the details with gun free zones if they are really so effective at protecting our children.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...zones/6RDGkxLK

They shut this petition down with just over 40K signatures and gave the same non-answer they provided for the petition to repeal the GFSZA.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    OK, I am definitely not a supporter of Barry. But When they spend our money on things I tend to look at it closely. At least in the first part of the letter they have done something good:

OK, what I get from this is that they had no choice but to fund something (paid for by China, obviously) but at least if that money comes to MY state we can put a few more cops in the school rather than hiring "social workers. At least they didn't mandate head-shrinkers. Schools should also have a plan in place in case another idiot shows up with guns. The kids won't be armed, but I would like them to know what to do to make sure the resource officer has a clean shot at the bastard.
    Plan? What's your plan for a group of unarmed kids when a crazed gunman comes into the school? The only plan is to die crying, or die fighting. That's the sickness of his letter. There is no plan, but to fight fire with fire. To stop a man with a gun from doing violence you need another man with a gun. Pure and simple. One resource officer in as large a building as a school and with many entrances (doors and windows) is not enough. This is why, those teachers who wish to carry, should be able to do so. With the system in play today, a gunman comes into my classroom, about the only thing I can do is use my body as a shield so the students can try to have a fighting chance to shimmy out of the two-story high window.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Plan? What's your plan for a group of unarmed kids when a crazed gunman comes into the school? The only plan is to die crying, or die fighting. That's the sickness of his letter. There is no plan, but to fight fire with fire. To stop a man with a gun from doing violence you need another man with a gun. Pure and simple. One resource officer in as large a building as a school and with many entrances (doors and windows) is not enough. This is why, those teachers who wish to carry, should be able to do so. With the system in play today, a gunman comes into my classroom, about the only thing I can do is use my body as a shield so the students can try to have a fighting chance to shimmy out of the two-story high window.
    But under their plan, you can maintain your self-esteem and feel good about yourself while you take a bullet protecting the kids... the community will thank you posthumously.
    I think a better idea is to have the community thank you (really boosting your self esteem) while you explain to the media how you were able to put one between the shooters eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I wish every teacher was required to be trained and armed as a condition of employment. As far as a plan goes, like I said, the kids will never be armed. If an idiot shows up and starts shooting, what are they supposed to do prior to a teacher getting a shot off? Just like tornado drills or fire drills, they have to train how best not to be a target of opportunity before the BG is riddled with bullet holes. For that there needs to be a plan, and it needs to be practiced.
    Chief

The antis love these mass shootings so that they can dance in the blood screaming for gun bans. They don't want to stop mass shootings, they look forward to them. Why else would they oppose security measures that would put a stop to them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast