Suit for 18 yr old Purchase

Thread: Suit for 18 yr old Purchase

1. Suit for 18 yr old Purchase

Suit for 18 yr old Purchase
    seen this on Ammo land.
    i think it is an excellent idea. i actual have never seen the point of not letting them purchase from a dealer. they are using the point that 18 can acquire a gun any way.

if an 18 yr old can protect their country then they should be able to purchase

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/08/nra-asks...z2brANFBdA

Something else I never understood is why lawmakers see fit for 18-year-olds to purchase long guns (including those evil "assault rifles" that make antis pee in their pants) but not handguns. If 18-year-olds are indeed considered adults under the law, then we need to start treating them as such, including lowering the drinking age to 18 (not that it would change anything because plenty of 18-20-year-olds already drink), among other things.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I think it's a mistake to believe that politicians have any rational arguments for the bad laws with which they saddle us. My step son was not merely trusted at 18 to carry a gun in Iraq, but to also guard the local airport with a side arm and a M16 after 911. Of course the politicians always exempt themselves from the really bad and stupid laws they pass for us. Every thinking person knows that gun control isn't about guns, but about control over the common, unimportant servants of the government.

5. do any of you think this is bad since all 18 yr olds don't have the sense to own one? all they are interested in is to get drunk and drugs

We trust teens with cars at 16. Cars in the hands of teens, especially drunk teens, kill far more people than guns. Plus, I am unaware of the constitutional protection for driving. There is , however, a constitutional restriction on the ability of the feds to limit the right to keep and bear arms; and teens are not exempted from that right. I would think that only criminally irresponsible individual behavior should be the limiting factor.

Our constitutional rights, especially those in the Bill of Rights, can not be removed except on criminal conviction by a jury. If voting, financial responsibility, and service in the military are a markers for adulthood at 18, then second amendment rights should also be. If government can seriously limit our constitutional rights without criminal conviction, then we are no longer citizens but subjects of that government.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    do any of you think this is bad since all 18 yr olds don't have the sense to own one? all they are interested in is to get drunk and drugs
    And you think that 21 year olds are not intested in the same thing.............

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    do any of you think this is bad since all 18 yr olds don't have the sense to own one? all they are interested in is to get drunk and drugs
    While what you say me be true I am more interested in why many are like that.

No parental guidance
    Never given responsibility
    Treated so that they believe they are entitled to anything. Something that our Government endorses.
    Lack of work experience which builds responsibility, ethic and self esteem which can only be achieved through accomplishment.
    The list can go on.

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

9. Quote Originally Posted by tthirion View Post
    And you think that 21 year olds are not intested in the same thing.............
    well of course not they become outstanding citizens when they turn 21. very virtuous and upstanding

just like having to show ID when buying fingernail polish remover. everybody knows only people under 18 makes meth.