Another bill aimed at changing Pa licensing (good) - SB1071

Thread: Another bill aimed at changing Pa licensing (good) - SB1071

1. Another bill aimed at changing Pa licensing (good) - SB1071

Those who know the problems with PA's licensing can surely understand the reasons behind this bill. Not sure how much traction it will get and Philly will fight it tooth and nail.

Proposed Pennsylvania Gun Law SB1071 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Pretty straight forward and pretty much in line with how a lot of states already provide this procedure.
    ~
    Hopefully this will start the right movement for PA residents. Usually on takes some small things to change in order for greater changes to come about.
    ~
    To all the PA residents I wish you all well getting this accomplished, get behind it and fight for it.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

4. Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Pretty straight forward and pretty much in line with how a lot of states already provide this procedure.
    ~
    Hopefully this will start the right movement for PA residents. Usually on takes some small things to change in order for greater changes to come about.
    ~
    To all the PA residents I wish you all well getting this accomplished, get behind it and fight for it.
    Our huge problem with getting legislation through like this is Philadelphia. 100% 'Democrat owned' and 100% anti-gun.
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

5. Pa HB1683, introduced the Monday is the house companion bill to SB1071 ... adding language to licensing laws to allow people to apply for a LTCF in a neighboring county:

Proposed Pennsylvania Gun Law HB1683 - American Gun Owners Alliance

Excuse my ignorance to the situation. My questions are purely curiosity and education and not to stir any pots.

I live just north of Pittsburgh, and as such got my license through the Allegheny County Sheriff's Department. It never occurred to me to go to another county, even though Butler County may have been a tad closer.

Is there reasoning for this change? Are there counties in PA denying people's licenses? We are a shall issue state, and this is my confusion.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)