California senate passes 'Ammunition purchase permit' bill - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California senate passes 'Ammunition purchase permit' bill

Quote Originally Posted by firelooker View Post
    Are you a commercial carrier? If not you shouldn't be having to go thru the weigh station.
    You need to read the signs a little more closely. In many states it does not just apply to CMVs. In Florida at Flagler Beach I-95 weigh station it just says " Trucks-Trailers " on one sign. Another sign says "Weigh Station Next Right" with lights to say open or closed. Third sign says " All Trucks Enter Weigh Station". The weigh station near the FL/GA line is likewise worded. So where is the commercial part? What is defined in Florida as a CMV might surprise you too. Intrastate rules brings it down to 18K CGVWR. Not the 26K+1 that is required for a CDL Class B License. Legally a dually with a 7K trailer fits that spec. And yes, I do have a CDL and pull into those weigh stations between here and Ohio when pulling our trailer behind my truck. Not once have the inspectors said it was unneeded for me to pull in. And a number of times I have had to hit the scale lane. The Ag Inspectors flag down pickups with a lawn service trailer in tow for failure to hit the Ag Inspection stations and the DOT cops nail those who they see violate the weigh station signs in Florida. DACS, who runs the Ag stations, is also who does our concealed carry licenses. Wording for the AG Inspection Stations is:
    "All
    Trucks - Trailers
    Rental Trucks - Trailers
    Commercial - Cargo Vans
    Next Right"

They used to include motorhomes but that has been dropped.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I used to haul the US mail into Ca every other day. Never saw a private vehicle go across the scales at Needles.

Quote Originally Posted by firelooker View Post
    I used to haul the US mail into Ca every other day. Never saw a private vehicle go across the scales at Needles.
    That's because they had Permits to purchase ammo in California.
    Chief

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123