Obama to Sign UN Gun Treaty This Month

Thread: Obama to Sign UN Gun Treaty This Month

Angry Obama to Sign UN Gun Treaty This Month

Howdy,

See my post on the other thread.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

ezkl2230 Guest
    He can sign it over the break if he wants to, but he will be doing so in violation of the expressed will of the Senate; the Senate has already voted to deny ratification of this treaty. On March 23, 2013, the week the UN passed the treaty, the Senate voted 53 - 46 in an early morning session to reject a resolution to ratify the UN ATT. In other words, the president is once again taking unilateral, action in violation of the expressed will of the Senate and hoping that continually submitting the resolution to ratify the treaty will eventually result in its passage.

Senate Votes To Block U.S. From Joining UN Arms Treaty - Fox Nation

Our work isn't done. We really need to ride herd on our senators to make sure they don't try to force something that is already supposed to be a done deal. I already know that MI's liberal senators, Levin & Stabenow, voted to ratify and will continue to do so. Here is the link to find your senator's contact info:

U.S. Senate

The following, from the US Senate web site, describes the Senate's place in the ratification of treaties:

"The Senate does not ratify treaties—the Senate approves or rejects a resolution of ratification. If the resolution passes, then ratification takes place when the instruments of ratification are formally exchanged between the United States and the foreign power(s)," U.S. Senate: Art & History Home > Origins & Development > Powers & Procedures > Treaties
    Since the Senate has already rejected a resolution to approve the UN ATT, the president can sign it, but it will mean nothing; that minor detail, however, will not stop him from acting unilaterally in violation of our system of checks and balances. You can also bet that the Senate leadership will continue to submit a resolution to ratify until they have gotten enough votes to make it happen.

I dont care what the "United Nations" says, or what laws it passes, the US Constitution has been and always will be supreme law of the land. Obummer can attempt and get rejected by Senate all he wants, it just shows the Lefts true colors. Having said that, they attempt to get law biding gun owners and/or all of America to register firearms, I feel it will be the straw that breaks the camels back which will call for immediate unpolitical action, heres one of the best quotes ever written. I encourage all Americans to read it from time to time, and todays day and age, its much needed, and the words written should be followed.

"... And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[1] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted." - Thomas Jefferson
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Individual liberty is always just one small step from extinction. The corrupt progressives and representatives of totalitarian dictators at the UN are working hard to extinguish the flame of liberty. The U.S. has always been a beacon to those yearning for freedom and that is just not acceptable to world tyrants. And that includes our own would be tyrants.

We can no longer count on our government institutions and employees to honor their oaths and protect the Constitution. I realize that the inspired words and principles of the founders now are considered to be subversive. But if a dedication to liberty and the Constitution is in any way criminal; I plead guilty.

If this country somehow survives three more years of Obama, it will never survive Hillary or any other progressive from either party. People are awakening and realize something is wrong. Unfortunately, ignorance and greed are the enemy of every republic. They realize the country is on the wrong course; but for some strange reason don't connect the destruction to Obama and the progressives. We must work at every level of government to educate people if it is not already too late. The 2014 elections may be our last chance to save this country before something drastic and unthinkable occurs. It is the people, who as a last resort, are obligated to defend liberty against tyranny. The second amendment is not just words in an antiquated document. It is the guarantor of liberty in this country. It must not be limited by tyrants either foreign or domestic.

We are permitting our government to circumvent the Constitution; and this lawless behavior must stop if the U.S. Republic is to survive. The authority of this government is derived from the consent of the people. It is time that our elected representatives realize that they serve the people and do not rule us against our will. The Constitution is the ultimate authority and is not subject to the will of men or any international body. Freedom is not the natural condition under which men have lived throughout human history. It appears only rarely and is the most fragile of all human conditions.