Obama playing cards during OBL raid - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama playing cards during OBL raid

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    Sorry, I thought I implied that with the next 2 sentences.
    Bob, in any operations like this, or during unplanned attacks like Benghazi, there are certain calls that have to be made by the Commander in Chief. To make these calls he needs to be involved. If plan "A" doesn't work, he may need to be able to authorize plan "B" in an instant. Do I think that every president is expected to be good at it? No, but it is their job and I expect them to show up.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Bob, in any operations like this, or during unplanned attacks like Benghazi, there are certain calls that have to be made by the Commander in Chief. To make these calls he needs to be involved. If plan "A" doesn't work, he may need to be able to authorize plan "B" in an instant. Do I think that every president is expected to be good at it? No, but it is their job and I expect them to show up.
    I agree completely, that is his job, but Barack Hussein Obama is only a community agitator, and not qualified to do any of The President of The United States of America`s duties. My reply was not to point out that he was not fulfilling these duties, but that he is unqualified to perform these duties, and that The U.S.A. is better off when he is playing cards or golfing. He won reelection based on the fact he did nothing, and it was still the fault of others (like Bush, Republicans, and the Bible clinging gun owner). Obama is a cheat and a fraud, and "WE The People" IMHO are better off when his ideas are not used. Does anyone believe the OBL raid or Benghazi would have been better with input from our Commander in Chief (or Hillary Clinton)? No argument here, Obama is not doing his job, and neither is Congress, and we should all be mad as HELL!
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

This is what you get when good intentions trump substance. We must vote for a black man to show we are no longer a racist nation. This man has never been vetted and is continually protected by the main stream media and liberal democrat elites. That's ok, we all feel better as a nation.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Howdy,

What are bases of your statement?

abdicate: ( verb ) Fail to fulfill or undertake a responsibility or duty.

What was Obama's duty as CNC?

Like Bob stated, the POTUS does NOT have the time to micromanage everything that happens in Our realm of influence.

More than likely than not Obama had very little day to day knowledge of the operation to get OBL other than giving the "project" a green light AFTER being informed that OBL had been located and was living in Pakastan under the protection of their Gov't and military.

Other than a few updates on the progress of planning and training for the raid he had very little if any involvement in the mission.

More likely than not right before the helos departed he was asked again if the mission was a "Go!" and with his approval the assault began. Obama may or may not have watched the assualt as it happened via satellite.

That was probably the extent of his involvement with the mission.

It's called "Delegation of Authority".

Actually in this case "Delegation of Authority" doesn't even come into play because as soon as Obama gave the green light to the mission his "hands on" ended at that point.

That's the military's job.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

I agree the president can't be personally involved in everything going on in the world. That being said his actions, policies and people he surrounds himself with are his responsibility. As with any CEO the bucks stops with him, successes and failures. If he can't take the heat he should never have gotten in the kitchen. He can't have it both ways and he doesn't get a pass because of his color.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

What are bases of your statement?

abdicate: ( verb ) Fail to fulfill or undertake a responsibility or duty.

What was Obama's duty as CNC? To be involved in an unusual operation (not every day of a war) which may require CinC approval for timely changes to plan A.

Like Bob stated, the POTUS does NOT have the time to micromanage everything that happens in Our realm of influence. I agree, but there is a difference between micromanage, and watch and learn while supporting Americans in harms way during a non-standard evolution crossing foreign borders; where the CinC may have to get on the phone with a foreign head of state to ensure a teams safety

More than likely than not Obama had very little day to day knowledge of the operation to get OBL other than giving the "project" a green light AFTER being informed that OBL had been located and was living in Pakastan under the protection of their Gov't and military. The guys at Marine One salute you for a reason, suck it up and be there for them

Other than a few updates on the progress of planning and training for the raid he had very little if any involvement in the mission.

More likely than not right before the helos departed he was asked again if the mission was a "Go!" and with his approval the assault began. Obama may or may not have watched the assualt as it happened via satellite.

That was probably the extent of his involvement with the mission.

It's called "Delegation of Authority".

Actually in this case "Delegation of Authority" doesn't even come into play because as soon as Obama gave the green light to the mission his "hands on" ended at that point.

That's the military's job. Wrong. If I delegate my authority to someone, I still retain responsibility if it goes wrong (see Benghazi and Extortion 17) but I relinquish the "pat on the back" if things go right. I applaud those that did it and say no more. If they can't take the spotlight for security reasons, I DAMN sure don't release what they couldn't to a Hollywood hack. If he participates, and interacts with the Joint Chiefs he learns these things. Their job is to teach him these things that are now his JOB.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I agree the president can't be personally involved in everything going on in the world. That being said his actions, policies and people he surrounds himself with are his responsibility. As with any CEO the bucks stops with him, successes and failures. If he can't take the heat he should never have gotten in the kitchen. He can't have it both ways and he doesn't get a pass because of his color.
    I agree. He wants the good things like vacations, golf, hanging out with Beyoncé and having concerts at the white house. He doesn't want the JOB part of it. His JOB is partly CinC. Clinton wasn't in the military, but he participated. All O-blame-a can do is campaign, and sit in his room and write executive orders when he can't work with Congress. He pouts when he doesn't get his way (see gun-control failure) and he is vindictive and divisive.
    Chief

One major fact that has come out recently is the big media picture of Obama sitting in the situation room that it was photo shopped; Obamas was NEVER in the picture that the media received from the Whitehouse. I posted an OP giving the details concerning this fact. It’s labeled “Reggie love... Busts obama !! He was not there during the bin ladin raid”. Check it out the op and see for yourself.
    In the picture Obama likes to give American the impression that he's a hands on guy, in reality he's far from it.
    Countless on the road trips raising money, 18 vacations within his first 5 years in office. Here's a man and wife that really love the perks of office, but hates it all to hell when they have to do the job of office and first lady. The only way he got elected and reelected is he promised free stuff to all the poor democrats out there and how has that helped them, black unemployment at 18% and black youth unemployment at almost 50%, yea he's their president and their getting what they paid for, NOT A DAMMED THING.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

I think it is entirely possible that he did show up in the Sit-Room for a photo-op then left.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I think it is entirely possible that he did show up in the Sit-Room for a photo-op then left.
    No you get me wrong, in the Washington released photo of Obama sitting in the situation room, the photo of him there is fake, Obama was never in the original photo his picture was placed into the original photo to give the look that he was there at that so called pivotal moment. Read my OP "“Reggie love... Busts obama !! He was not there during the bin ladin raid” and check out the additional info where they breakdown the pixels of the photo, and decide for yourself.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

I clicked on this thread only to find a video that has been removed.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast