Ammo registration bill in NY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo registration bill in NY

Thumbs down Ammo registration bill in NY

Latest inanity from right coast is a bill to register the AMMO, and track every purchase.

A8108-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Establishes a statewide database to maintain and track coded ammunition and establishing penalties for individuals who violate such provisions - New York State Senate

And just how they gonna track all the current, unregistered ammo? And what fiction are they concocting to justify this? How can it possibly help prevent or solve crime?

Oh, wait, I forgot. It's not about solving crime, it's about creating more criminals out of citizens.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

D.C. already does it. Hmmm, I wonder how many of the gangbangers over there carry guns and ammo that are registered?

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Not only are they going to count the rounds in your mag to make sure you don't have more than 7, but inspect each round to make sure that the registration number is valid, on each round.

This is like a bad plot in a low budget movie, except that it's not fiction.

What is this going to do for reloaders? Are they going to have to sell all their reloading gear to someone out of state along with their high cap mags?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I expected this. New York couldn't stand to have Kalifornia getting ahead of them on this issue. They're now running neck and neck on which one is more stupid when it comes to what sort of gun control they can slip through.

This is for all those mamby pambys and trolls in New York that said things like; Hey, the SAFE Act doesn't bother me because I just shoot trap, or I don't own a black rifle so why should I care.

A) The ammo data base system is a backdoor gun registration. You buy .223 and they check against the "ASSAULT RIFLE" registration and your name is not listed. BAM SWAT Gun Squad flash-banging your front door.

B) They want to make ammo just like controlled drugs. Ask any pharmicist about the record keeping and auditing involved with controlled prescription drugs. It is also part of the reason they cost so much.

Here is an idea. Get off the couch and get involved!
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

It never seems to end here. There is always another New York city hack with another idea to take away a fundamental right. I sometimes think there is a competition between NY and Ca. to see who can think up the most idiotic anti-gun proposal.

This issue has been around NY for a very long time. It doesn't have enough support thank God.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. IF this passes, could it be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Will manufacturers make coded ammo, will dealers sell coded ammo, and will consumers buy coded ammo? If anyone of these three were to drop out of the system it would, in effect, stop the sale of ammo in NY state. This, hopefully, would wake up New Yorkers and they would clean out their state and city governments and get on board with rest of the country.

Good luck NY gun owners, you will need it.

10. So make a trip to Vermont and take plenty of cash. Come back broke via MA and CT so you're not suspected of buying 'contraband'. Then bury it off premises somewhere.

Off premises hell! That would be like having a BG at the door and your gun in your barn. I want it where I can get to it in a hurry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast