Want to know how dumb we have gotten in 100 years?

Thread: Want to know how dumb we have gotten in 100 years?

Want to know how dumb we have gotten in 100 years?

This article is indicative of the failure of our public school systems and that people are becoming as dumb as rocks. Some of the highlighted references have some very interesting reading, especially about the reading levels of our presidents.

Prison Planet.com » Newly Discovered Eighth Grade Exam From 1912 Shows How Dumbed Down America Has Become

When less and less time is spent on reading, writing, and arithmetic, and more and more time is spent on, sensitivity, diversity, and hypocrisy, this is the result. Common sense is also a rare commodity. All this will cause the collapse of any great country.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

No child left behind. That is now, it used to be 3 mile walk to school, rain, snow, uphill, both ways. Kids today have no idea what work is. Chores. What is that? As a culture, we are doomed on our next internal battle.

That test shows how much a kid had to know in the early part of this century to be considered educated. It's more than most college graduates know today and generally more useful (e.g. "those who don't know history are destined to repeat it" - Burke) in daily life. Really, an 8th grade education back then was all the average person would ever need and high school graduation was a major achievement, let alone college.

Bob in Bristol sums it up nicely: When less and less time is spent on reading, writing, and arithmetic, and more and more time is spent on, sensitivity, diversity, and hypocrisy, this is the result.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

I used to have a copy of a similar test from Illinois, from about the same time. Sat down with a college teacher one day, and we figured out that it now would take someone with at least a bachelor's degree to get 50% of the questions right.
    TANSTAAFL