NJ Chris Christie Vetos .50 Cal Rifle Ban - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ Chris Christie Vetos .50 Cal Rifle Ban

1. The part of the article that bugs me is this:
    Christie said the permit changes adopted by lawmakers were impractical because they rely on technology that hasn't been developed.

"None of the technology necessary for this system exists. ... the smartcard called for by this bill cannot be implemented now or any time in the foreseeable future," Christie said in his conditional veto message.
    So in other words if the technology did exist Christie would have gone through with the ban.
    I'm not a lawyer so take it for what it's worth. For legal advice ask a lawyer.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Those who accept second best must learn to live with mediocrity. - pafindr

The fact that some technologies don't exist never stop political policies. There's a current mandate out for the narrow banding of commercial and emergency radio frequencies. Step one of the unfunded mandate has been implemented. Step two is to come in 2018 I think and the equipment needed has yet to be developed. Doesn't matter, the politician hope it will be developed when the time comes. The only reason for this change is so the FCC can sell more radio frequency licenses. It's not a better radio system and is costing a but load of money. Doesn't matter to politicians.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Howdy,

Christie (D) is gearing up for 2016.

Paul

P.S. He also stated that gays are born that way and that being gay isn't a sin.
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Paul

HO LEE S.HIT!!! better get the lynchin tree ready!!!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Paul

He obviously doesn't think gluttony is a sin either.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12