34% of Americans believes the 1st Amendment goes too far in protecting rights?

Thread: 34% of Americans believes the 1st Amendment goes too far in protecting rights?

34% of Americans believes the 1st Amendment goes too far in protecting rights?

I know most polls must be taken with a grain of salt. If this is true, we have reached the tipping point!

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/...t-goes-too-far
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

The telling statement in this survey is to determine the public knowledge and opinion of the First Amendment. Kind of hard to give an informed opinion of a subject you don't understand and/or have knowledge of. How many of the respondents to the pole really understand the US constitution and what it stands for? That's the underlying issue. This administration is continually trashing the US Constitution and no one that can is holding them accountable.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

"If we truly understand the essential role of these freedoms in a democracy, we’re more likely to protect them,”.

Umm.... We don't live in a Democracy.
    We live in a Constitutional Republic.
    Maybe THAT should be taught in school too!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    "If we truly understand the essential role of these freedoms in a democracy, we’re more likely to protect them,”.

Umm.... We don't live in a Democracy.
    We live in a Constitutional Republic.
    Maybe THAT should be taught in school too!

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    What we live in is actually closer to an fascism-leaning autocracy - home of the servile and the cowardly.

This ignorance of the Constitution and our form of government is the result of 100 years of progressive indoctrination in our school systems. Ignorance , envy, and greed are the three factors that are most destructive to individual liberty and a republic. And the progressives have been working hard to cultivate all three. The task of of reversing this monumental ignorance is almost unsurmountable. But Americans won the Revolution against the world's greatest military power with the support of 1/3 of the population and 3% who were actual combatants. The British were beaten by an idea, individual liberty, and not just by military force. Perhaps there are still enough of us in this country with that thirst for liberty to save the republic.

36% of that poll could not name 1 right guaranteed under the 1st Amendment. Ignorance is bliss.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    36% of that poll could not name 1 right guaranteed under the 1st Amendment. Ignorance is bliss.
    Uh huh... for now. These are the sort of people who, during the coming 'reset', will be done away with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html