Ohio's Senator Portman draws the line, put up or shut up.

Thread: Ohio's Senator Portman draws the line, put up or shut up.

Ohio's Senator Portman draws the line, put up or shut up.

Senator Portman is taking a stand against MAIG after their unsuccessful but blatantly inaccurate tour through the state.
    ~
    OH Senator Rob Portman Responds To Nagging Anti-Gun Groups: Join Me Or Shut Up
    ~
    Ohio --(Ammoland.com)- After several expensive negative ad campaigns in Ohio failed to sway Sen. Rob Portman’s firm support for the Second Amendment, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s and President Obama’s gun control groups, Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) and Organizing for Action (OFA), have switched to using the free media.
    Every few weeks, the groups will stage a press conference or other media stunt designed to target Sen. Portman, knowing that their sycophants in the media will be there to offer plenty of free advertising…er, news coverage.
    ~
    After the latest stunt last week in Cincinnati, and with another this week in Columbus, Sen. Portman appears to have heard enough nagging.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

The antis don't care if their proposals deter crime or not. They simply want to further their anti-gun agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    The antis don't care if their proposals deter crime or not. They simply want to further their anti-gun agenda.
    The operational word with progressives is control. They know their policies will not do anything to prevent crime. But they want control over every aspect of your life; and the second amendment is an impediment.

Control is part of their agenda. Emotional gratification of good intentions is what they really want. That's what they need to show the low information voters the democrats are the party that cares. Programs that work need not apply. The republicans only care about money and profits. The democrats on the other hand are only interested in caring for the children and the less fortunate. This is what keeps them in office.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

That 1% of Ohio’s adult prison population since 1974 is responsible for 57 percent of the state’s violent felony convictions,
    And that high rate violent offenders, those convicted of three or more unique violent crimes, were responsible for 33.2% of all violent crime convictions,
    And those high rate violent offenders had an average of 7.4 arrests per offender and 6.4 criminal convictions in their collective criminal histories,
    Tragic that you almost never see the media reprint statistics like this.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Tragic that you almost never see the media reprint statistics like this.
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Or at least it seems to be with most liberals anyway.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

I hate when ANY politician uses the words "common sense". Regarding the "mental health" aspect, there is no way that a psychobabbleist should be able to determine gun ownership. I would be willing to bet that 90% of them are Liberals and would use it to further their gun-control views. The only mental health aspect that should effect gun ownership is when it has been part of a trial proceeding like someone pleading not guilty by reason of insanity, those that get sentenced to a mental institution rather than jail, or those found not suitable to stand trial becausof mental deficiency. These should all be reported just like any other criminal offense that goes into NICS. Until we get rid of all gun laws that infringe on ownership of guns, this limitation (which conforms to Title 18 of the US Code of Federal Regulations)needs to be enfiorced.
    Chief

Liberals using the words "common sense" when speaking is the epitome of an "oxymoron"... (heavy emphasis on "moron")

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris