"The Five Pillars of Islam" being taught in Public School's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Five Pillars of Islam" being taught in Public School's

1. No one mentioned them yet

why is any religion being taught in any public school? they ran christianity out of the schools years ago!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    IMO it is not appropriate to teach religion of any kind in public school. That is what churches and parents should be doing. Schools should be teaching the 3 R`s, and the Constitution. And if there are so many moderate Muslims, where the hell are they when the radical Muslims are out killing people.
    We are everywhere. Some of us wore DCUs and met the terorists in their natural habitat. Don't be so daft. I don't blame you for your ignorance, it's your parents' fault for not teaching you to open your eyes. Just because the news corps don't cover us doesn't mean we don't exist. 2/3 the world is Muslim, yet 1% of the population is extremist. Why do you lump all of Islam in with a couple criminals? Should I hold you responsible for the atrocities the IRA commits in the name of religion?

Edit: Your first sentence is good. The rest is garbage. Get an education.

Dad: There you go again, stretching the truth about Islam/Muslims. The world population of Muslims is considered to be 1.6 billion, or 23% of the world population. Bob raised a good point, where are the "good" Muslims when the radical Muslims are out killing people? What are the "good" Muslims doing to have a peaceful co-existence with the rest of the world? Nothing! If you go by the tenets of your religion, you CAN"T co-exist with others. According to your religion, they must convert or be killed. I don't know of any other religion that takes that stance, consequently, Islam is not acceptable to most of us. If you are indeed a Muslim, no one is asking you to change but, by the same token, do not try to change us and indoctrinate our children to the ways of Islam. We, old son, are not ignorant and, yes, our parents taught us to open our eyes. We are not trying to live by the writings of a sixth century self-appointed "prophet." In case you didn't know, Mohammed couldn't read or write. He had scribes who supposedly wrote all of his sayings which were not even written in a chronological order. Be that as it may, I wish we could keep from going off on this tangent again. If you are satisfied with your religion, I'm tickled to death for you but keep it out of our schools.

Indoctrinating is one thing, but if you're talking about teaching, it goes hand in hand with world history. You'd have to leave out an awful lot of wars if you weren't going to offer at least a cursory understanding of all major world religions.

Also, Proud Stance, don't know where you got that graphic, but it needs a serious proof reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If you are satisfied with your religion, I'm tickled to death for you but keep it out of our schools.
    Agreed, we certainly need to keep everything to do with the teachings of a pedophile adult attracted to children who have yet reached puberty for the sole purpose of sex, out of our schools.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    We are everywhere. Some of us wore DCUs and met the terorists in their natural habitat. Don't be so daft. I don't blame you for your ignorance, it's your parents' fault for not teaching you to open your eyes. Just because the news corps don't cover us doesn't mean we don't exist. 2/3 the world is Muslim, yet 1% of the population is extremist. Why do you lump all of Islam in with a couple criminals? Should I hold you responsible for the atrocities the IRA commits in the name of religion?
    Edit: Your first sentence is good. The rest is garbage. Get an education.
    You asked, "Should I hold you responsible for the atrocities the IRA commits in the name of religion?" No, because I am neither Irish or Catholic. Please do not blame me for the Spanish Inquisition either, because I am not Spanish or Catholic.
    My first sentence is good? IMO it is not appropriate to teach religion of any kind in public school.
    The rest is garbage? That is what churches and parents should be doing. Schools should be teaching the 3 R`s, and the Constitution. And if there are so many moderate Muslims, where the hell are they when the radical Muslims are out killing people?
    I was not lumping anyone with criminals, calling any one names, questioning any ones intelligence, or criticizing their parents. I asked a simple question, "And if there are so many moderate Muslims, where the hell are they when the radical Muslims are out killing people?"
    Lets do the math. I will use your statistics, even though I think they are incorrect. "2/3 the world is Muslim, yet 1% of the population is extremist". So you are telling me 66% of the worlds population can not control the 1% extremist? My question still stands, "Where the hell are they?" I am glad you have spoken out against the extremists. Have a nice day.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Indoctrinating is one thing, but if you're talking about teaching, it goes hand in hand with world history. You'd have to leave out an awful lot of wars if you weren't going to offer at least a cursory understanding of all major world religions.

Also, Proud Stance, don't know where you got that graphic, but it needs a serious proof reading.
    Hey girl: Since we are no longer allowed to discuss God, Jesus, the Ten Commandments, etc. in our schools, why is it necessary to "teach" anything about Islam? Isn't that being rather hypocritical on the part of the school system? I remember studying World Religions in college, not in an El-Hi classroom. If Islam is the only religion being taught to these students, then I would call it "indoctrination" and strenuously object to it. After all, if Christianity is removed from the classroom, also remove Islam, Tree Huggers and the like. Can't have it both ways.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    You asked, "Should I hold you responsible for the atrocities the IRA commits in the name of religion?" No, because I am neither Irish or Catholic. Please do not blame me for the Spanish Inquisition either, because I am not Spanish or Catholic.
    My first sentence is good? IMO it is not appropriate to teach religion of any kind in public school.
    The rest is garbage? That is what churches and parents should be doing. Schools should be teaching the 3 R`s, and the Constitution. And if there are so many moderate Muslims, where the hell are they when the radical Muslims are out killing people?
    I was not lumping anyone with criminals, calling any one names, questioning any ones intelligence, or criticizing their parents. I asked a simple question, "And if there are so many moderate Muslims, where the hell are they when the radical Muslims are out killing people?"
    Lets do the math. I will use your statistics, even though I think they are incorrect. "2/3 the world is Muslim, yet 1% of the population is extremist". So you are telling me 66% of the worlds population can not control the 1% extremist? My question still stands, "Where the hell are they?" I am glad you have spoken out against the extremists. Have a nice day.
    I already answered that. Looks like i made you so angry that you skipped to the end and shot off an emotional response...

OG, I did not put anything in "your" schools. I agreed that religion should be kept out of public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I already answered that. Looks like i made you so angry that you skipped to the end and shot off an emotional response...

OG, I did not put anything in "your" schools. I agreed that religion should be kept out of public schools.
    Dad: Neither of us put anything into the school to be taught. That was slipped in on us all. Yes, I will agree, if one religion can't be discussed, none should. If, however, we see something put into the system that isn't right, it is incumbent on us all do do something. I'm trying, how about you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast