ATF Proposing Changes To NFA Gun Trusts

Thread: ATF Proposing Changes To NFA Gun Trusts

1. ATF Proposing Changes To NFA Gun Trusts

Looks like the administration is trying to go after NFA gun trusts:

The Obama administration is working to close a loophole in the nationís gun laws that allows for some machine guns and sawed-off shotguns to be sold without the buyer submitting fingerprints or photographs.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is working on a new regulation that would require more background information when the weapons are sold to someone through a corporation or legal trust.
    White House eyes 'gun trust' loophole - The Hill's RegWatch
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

He doesn't want the DHS out gunned.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    He doesn't want the DHS out gunned.
    Little late on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by CarryInNewYork View Post
    Little late on that front.
    It is a new arms race. DHS v the citizens. Unless the gov't does a full ban, the gov't will lose.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

6. Newly released ATF document shows they intend to require CLEO documents (fingerprints, photos and a local law enforcement signature for ALL 'responsible parties' of a gun trust.

Image is from page 14 of this document: https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...r-firearms.pdf
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    First, it's not a "loophole," it's the way the law was intentionally written.

Second, since it is the way the law was intentionally written, it will literally take an act of Congress to change it, not an EO. (Yes, I do understand that that will not stop the Obammunist.)

Third, the N R A is not a fan of full-autos. I find it unlikely (at best) that they will put any resources towards challenging the Executive's authority to unconstitutionally regulate them. Fortunately, Alan Gura is not an N R A lawyer. Time for him to start preparing the true 2nd Amendment proponents' case I reckon.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

8. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    ...the N R A is not a fan of full-autos. I find it unlikely (at best) that they will put any resources towards challenging the Executive's authority to unconstitutionally regulate them...Blues
    My concern is not with full-autos but with elimination through over-regulation of suppressors and SBRs.