I would vote for this platform - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I would vote for this platform

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    (2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports.
    We will use the 'Walmart' policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.

And the US economy will be in the toilet in 90 days
    Don't think so. it will save the economy. Economy was well for many years after our founding fathers set up the policy.

When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.
    And the US economy will be in the toilet in 90 days

Again it worked well when set up by the constitution. Go back to the orgional plan instead of the income tax which by the way is part of the communist manafesto and citizens get to keep the money they make.

The founders of this country new what they were doing. Of course so do the traitors that run it now.
    I think I will take a pass on trying to correct this.
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

As I said in my earlier post, by banning imports and exports, you're effectively telling Americans that they can't buy from whomever they want to buy, and sellers can't sell to whoever wants to buy from them. Not only is this anticapitalism in its most extreme form, it's also undemocratic. Any politician who tells me or my company that I can't buy from or sell to whomever I choose is someone I'd vigorously oppose.

[QUOTE=HK4U;35533]Boris sent me the following today so thought I would share it.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:"

I would respectfully suggest you should do some study in economics, preceded by an in-depth study of our Constitution... then get back to us.

Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

[quote=hpj3;36702]
    Boris sent me the following today so thought I would share it.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:"

I would respectfully suggest you should do some study in economics, preceded by an in-depth study of our Constitution... then get back to us.

Howard
    I couldn't agree with you more. This platform is anti capitalism in its most extreme form, and I would vigorously oppose anyone who promoted it.

6. Well I guess that make you on the other side of the fence.When they come to take away our freedom and guns it will be to late. As for me as long as I have good toilet paper I can make it.I would close down our boarders national all our assets only trade grain = for oil.It would bring the USA to its knees yes where we belong.The rest of the world can pray to their who evers .

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Well I guess that make you on the other side of the fence.When they come to take away our freedom and guns it will be to late. As for me as long as I have good toilet paper I can make it.I would close down our boarders national all our assets only trade grain = for oil.It would bring the USA to its knees yes where we belong.The rest of the world can pray to their who evers .
    So basically what you're saying is to hell with the free market and to hell with capitalism. This platform is far more anticapitalistic than anything that even B. Hussein Obama could contrive. I'm just glad that neither you nor HK4U are president.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 09-07-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    So basically what you're saying is to hell with the free market and to hell with capitalism. This platform is far more anticapitalistic than anything that even B. Hussein Obama could contrive. I'm just glad that neither you nor HK4U are president.

I am not against capitalism but we need to be much more self sufficent. Our current foreign trade policies benefit the Chinese and other countries much more than Americans. Also we need to remember Washington's words about foreign entanglements. We need also to to do away with the Federal Income tax that was never a part of our constitution but is as I have said before a part of the communist plans. Then return to congress the power to coin money and get rid of the international Bankers i.e. Federal Reserve, which has helped to destroy our country.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am not against capitalism but we need to be much more self sufficent. Our current foreign trade policies benefit the Chinese and other countries much more than Americans. Also we need to remember Washington's words about foreign entanglements. We need also to to do away with the Federal Income tax that was never a part of our constitution but is as I have said before a part of the communist plans. Then return to congress the power to coin money and get rid of the international Bankers i.e. Federal Reserve, which has helped to destroy our country.

The fact remains that we need to allow imports and exports. A study of economics will show that no country will be as good at producing every good or service as it needs to be, and thats why free trade is beneficial. For example, the French are better at producing champagne than Americans are, and that's why we buy more of it from them than we produce for ourselves; we benefit by getting a good product and they benefit by getting money, which they in turn use to buy American made goods. The same goes for American higher education. Because our university system is so excellent, foreign students flock here in droves, spending their money here, and as a result, America is not only better off financially, but we also have better, brighter, and more educated people living here as a result. Whether you like it or not, our economy benefits from free trade, both from buying and selling, and we are better off than we would be if HK4Us platform became law.

P.S. In economics we have a little something called absolute advantage and comparative advantage. A country that has an absolute advantage in the production of a commodity is able to produce more of it than other countries. A country that has a comparative advantage in the production of a commodity is able to produce it at less of a sacrifice of labor and other commodities. It is mathematically impossible for one country to have a comparative advantage in everything, so regardless of how self sufficient a country strives to be (think North Korea, where the people are starving due to Kim Jong Il's desire for "self-sufficiency") in order to be truly prosperous, buyers and sellers need to be free to buy from and sell to whoever they want, free of government rules and regulation. Free trade isn't so much about being less self sufficient as it it about a free market and freedom of choice, and everybody being better off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12