Federal Bill HB 3018 Would Impose 20% Tax On Guns, 50% On Ammo

Thread: Federal Bill HB 3018 Would Impose 20% Tax On Guns, 50% On Ammo

1. Federal Bill HB 3018 Would Impose 20% Tax On Guns, 50% On Ammo

House Reps Davis & Pacsrell tried to sneak one in last week when everyone thought they were on recess. HB3018 would impose a 20% tax on all firearm sales and a 50% tax on 'shells and cartridges:

Proposed Federal Gun Legislation HB3018 - American Gun Owners Alliance

(1) Articles taxable at 20 percent:
    (A) Pistols.
    (B) Revolvers.
    (C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).
    (D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.
    (2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges..
    Of course all federal agencies would be exempt.

Story on the bill: Dems sponsor bill for 20% tax on guns, 50% on ammo - BizPac Review
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

saw this today, figured it was coming. actually surprised it took them this long to get a bill out.
    ~ Bill

I would like to see a legislator propose a 50% tax on the value of all benefits received by Senators, representatives and their staff beyond base salary. Also a 50% tax on any income received from any actions Senators and Representatives are entitled to take forbidden to the average American. "Insider trading" would be included. Until we get lawmakers that do not give themselves privileges no one else has a shot at, they need to be taxed on the extra benefits they get. As far as these bozos that want to tax guns and ammo out of existence, maybe they need to pay exorbitant taxes for their cocktails, champagne, wine and beer they consume. See how they like that.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee

Angry

This is a good time to introduce www.popvox.com to those that are unaware of it. This website gives you the opportuity to comment DIRECTLY to your Representatives in Congress. Here is my reply to HR 3018:

"I oppose H.R. 3018 ("To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax and special") because... The only thing this tax is going to accomplish is to put the cost of firearms and ammunition out of reach for the average citizen. This is just another attempt to strip the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution without legislating the amendment out of the constitution. If you value your seat in the House of Representatives, I suggest you vote in opposition to this bill. I believe you have a re-election coming up rather soon. Pass this along to your colleagues as I am passing this along to mine, and I have friends (gun owners) in quite a few locations."

GET INVOLVED. Stomp your feet and let your legislators know how you feel. Popvox sends your comments directly to your House Representative or Senators (depending on where the bill is in the process of becoming a law. Popvox has generated quite a bit of traffic (communications) between me and congress.
    Last edited by WB9IIE; 08-27-2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

6. Oh boy, more taxes so they can put in theirs pocket.

“Gun Violence and Safe Communities Act of 2013? Really guys? They chose that name on purpose? I mean seriously, how can they claim that making guns harder to get makes anyone safe when it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that more guns in the hands of lawful citizens make people safer and saves lives?

With John Lott’s long accepted and extensively peer reviewed studies, the recent CDC study on the causes and prevention of gun violence as directed by Obama and most recently a report from Harvard, all concluding that more guns equal less crime, how can politicians continue to “intelligently” claim the exact opposite?

Demographics show that poor communities suffer the most from violence and gun crimes and this act will make it even harder for those that need protection most to be able to afford firearms and ammunition for protection.

When you look where these politicians are from, Illinois and the Peoples Republic of New Jersey, maybe you can see why they feel this way. Chicago has long been the title holder for the murder capital of the United States and Trenton just set a homicide record of their own so yeah, these are the politicians we want setting national policy.
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose. - Frederick Douglass

This will probably never pass, but waste time and money, when they should be working on real problems. These two morons suggest, "this will make the streets safer". We need to tax idiot out of existence.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

9. Quote Originally Posted by WB9IIE View Post
    This is a good time to introduce www.popvox.com to those that are unaware of it. This website gives you the opportuity to comment DIRECTLY to your Representatives in Congress. Here is my reply to HR 3018:

"I oppose H.R. 3018 ("To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax and special") because... The only thing this tax is going to accomplish is to put the cost of firearms and ammunition out of reach for the average citizen. This is just another attempt to strip the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution without legislating the amendment out of the constitution. If you value your seat in the House of Representatives, I suggest you vote in opposition to this bill. I believe you have a re-election coming up rather soon. Pass this along to your colleagues as I am passing this along to mine, and I have friends (gun owners) in quite a few locations."

GET INVOLVED. Stomp your feet and let your legislators know how you feel. Popvox sends your comments directly to your House Representative or Senators (depending on where the bill is in the process of becoming a law. Popvox has generated quite a bit of traffic (communications) between me and congress.
    I just sent my comments to Congressman Womack via PopVox about this insanity.

WB9IIE de KG5JJ 73

More liberal good intentions. When this program also fails to curb violent crime, the tax will continue. Liberals will come up with yet another good intentions bill with more taxes paid. It's so wonderful that liberals care so much. This warm and fuzzy feeling is almost too much to handle. Mean while we continue to throw money at issues that never get resolved. What a wonderful country.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan