Should the U.S.A. be the police of the World?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Should the U.S.A. be the police of the World?

  1. #1

    Should the U.S.A. be the police of the World?

    On the surface it sounds like the right thing to do. We live in a great country, and we just want everyone to have what we have. We have what we have now, because our founding fathers sacrificed and fought and died for what we have. There was no other country that told us how we should create our new county, and if they did, we would have told them to mind their own business. I am not an isolationist. I am for a more neutral stance. I think we need to concentrate on bring our country back to it`s once greatness, and then lead by example, not force. Many great Americans have died in Iraq. Is it fixed? Are the Iraq citizens really better off? Would you want to live there? Do the majority of Iraq like us now? Today many of our foreign policy experts tell us we must do something about the civil war going on in Syria, with 100,000 dead. 620,000 died in our Civil War, with about an equal population as Syria. Why do many Americans think we can change the hearts of others, while our country falls into decay?
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

  2.   
  3. #2
    We have no obligation to be the world's cop. Our only obligation is to pursue a foreign policy that protects US interests and/or citizens. Period.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

  4. #3
    That day is long past, as is any appreciation from those we have tried to help.

  5. #4
    IMO we need to take care of our own people and veterans before aiding anyone else or invading another country.

    War has become too pussified. We don't fight to win...

    If we fight to win then I'm all in.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  6. #5
    Our troops are being used as mercenaries to fight in the affairs of other countries solely because of politics. We can't, and shouldn't, try to change the world to meet our standards. The current administration can't take care of our own country yet it is hell bent to try to run all others around the world. We have become a paper tiger and Obama has made a laughing stock of us. We shouldn't send another military person to war, anywhere, until we have our own ducks in a row and a definite need to fight. Oil is not worth fighting over. We have more oil here than the Middle East and could have had more with the pipeline Obama has stopped. Is this the change he promised?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    In a word: NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,275
    Howdy Oldgrunt,

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Our troops are being used as mercenaries to fight in the affairs of other countries solely because of politics. We can't, and shouldn't, try to change the world to meet our standards. The current administration can't take care of our own country yet it is hell bent to try to run all others around the world. We have become a paper tiger and Obama has made a laughing stock of us. We shouldn't send another military person to war, anywhere, until we have our own ducks in a row and a definite need to fight. Oil is not worth fighting over. We have more oil here than the Middle East and could have had more with the pipeline Obama has stopped. Is this the change he promised?
    I took your post and corrected a few things. Here's an improved version:


    Our troops are being used as mercenaries to fight in the affairs of other countries solely because of politics. We can't, and shouldn't, try to change the world to meet our standards. The Lil' George/Cheney/Haliburton administration can't take care of our own country yet it is hell bent to try to run all others around the world. We have become a paper tiger and The Lil' George/Cheney/Haliburton administration has made a laughing stock of us. We shouldn't send another military person to war, anywhere, until we have our own ducks in a row and a definite need to fight. Oil is not worth fighting over. We have more oil here than the Middle East.

    The Lil' George/Cheney/Haliburton administration sold out the American People so Cheney/Haliburton could make an extra buck.

    Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy Oldgrunt,



    I took your post and corrected a few things. Here's an improved version:


    Our troops are being used as mercenaries to fight in the affairs of other countries solely because of politics. We can't, and shouldn't, try to change the world to meet our standards. The Lil' George/Cheney/Haliburton administration can't take care of our own country yet it is hell bent to try to run all others around the world. We have become a paper tiger and The Lil' George/Cheney/Haliburton administration has made a laughing stock of us. We shouldn't send another military person to war, anywhere, until we have our own ducks in a row and a definite need to fight. Oil is not worth fighting over. We have more oil here than the Middle East.

    The Lil' George/Cheney/Haliburton administration sold out the American People so Cheney/Haliburton could make an extra buck.

    Paul
    Well, if you want to get technical... these administrations also "sold out" the American people:

    Hamilton's
    Lincoln's
    Roosevelt's
    Wilson's
    Roosevelt's... again
    Johnson's
    Nixon's
    Bush's
    Clinton's
    Bush's... again

    and lastly, the Obama's... I've missed some, but you get the picture.

    You see, if you're going to try to make a point... actually get the facts right. Your ignorance is showing again, Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast