What if we had these two choices for our next President? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What if we had these two choices for our next President?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    I know your correct, but I find it too hard to give up. Might not do any good, but I`m going down swing.
    I'll give up when no hope is at my doorstep. I think I hear footsteps in the distance. Or is that the cadence of marching boots?

3. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    No matter who "wins" the next faux election, America, and Americans, will lose. Paul is one of the better faux figureheads I've seen put up as a potential "candidate," but nothing will change under him or anyone else.....at least not for the better. No one man (or woman) can positively affect the course of this country. Not even a "unified" executive and legislature can at this point. The citizenry, for the most part, is comfortably numb to the realities of the world. They'll sleep-walk through the election and afterwards too, not even knowing how much power they are abdicating to a completely usurped government. It was too late after the sheep allowed the progressives to change their Constitution with instituting a central banking system (The Federal Reserve), the income tax (16th Amendment) and elections of senators (17th Amendment) in 1913. Imagine even a Rand Paul advocating for repealing the 17th Amendment that made it possible for him to gain a national audience. Pfft. It's WAY too late now.

Blues
    Blues, I gotta hand it to you; your new sig is the best sig I have seen on this forum. Kudos, man. That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ajr2820 View Post
    I STILL have yet to find more than a handful of people who actually VOTED for Obama...and he got @51% of the vote. Statistically, that's 1 out of 2...and I know of 5 or so! You figure it out...
    That's easy. There are 314 million people, but only 240 million that can vote, but only 130 million actually voted (figures rounded). So roughly 60% of the voting population voted, but only 41% if the entire population.
    If this election is anything like the last, it doesn't matter who wins, 25% or less will be happy, 25% or less won't be, and 50% or more still won't give a damn.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

God help us.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Yes, you are correct, but I'm talking only about people who said they voted and STILL can't find more than a handful.
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ajr2820 View Post
    Yes, you are correct, but I'm talking only about people who said they voted and STILL can't find more than a handful.
    Maybe location is a bigger factor in that.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    I know your correct, but I find it too hard to give up. Might not do any good, but I`m going down swing.
    Save your energy for the real and inevitable fight to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I actually would not put it passed Rand Paul to offer that up as an Amendment.
    Well, if he did get "elected" and he did offer repeal of the 17th A., it would be completely out of the blue and fall on deaf ears. There are people on this very board who don't even have a clue that the 17th changed the face of a once-free America. If that is an issue Paul is concerned with, he has years worth of education to lay on the "electorate" before "offering" it would be anything more than paying lip-service. I don't think the world has that long to get educated, much less the USA "electorate."

I also think that there will be a backlash if 0 tries for a third term by way of dumping the 22nd Amendment. That backlash will not be pretty either.
    I'll tell you the truth, I have never put too much stock in the theory that Obama plans on ruling forever (or beyond this term, whatever). He doesn't need to. His candidacy and presidency has proven that the "electorate" will fall for anything because it believes in almost nothing. He is not even the source of the things his administration is blamed for setting in motion, he just pushed provisions of the Patriot Act, TSA, DHS and The Fed into hyper-drive, while the sheep said (and still largely say) nothing but "Bah-ah-ah-ah!" His fingerprints will be all over the collapse of this country whether or not he's in office when it happens. I agree if he does go for extended terms, there will be Hell to pay, but for me, that's kind of the point anyway - Hell on Earth is on its way for most of humanity regardless of who sits in the seats of "power" regardless.

And sooner or later, term limits for CONgress will get in there too.
    I'm a long-standing fan of Mark Levin, and his newest book, "The Liberty Amendments," is pushing term limits too. I haven't had a chance to get it yet, but it might also address repealing the 17th, not sure though. Whatever, as much as I'm fairly sure that I won't have a critical word for the book once I have read it, as I said in my last post, it's simply too late. These are not things that can happen soon enough to prevent the collapse of this economy, country or social order. At least that's my conclusion. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    I'll go down swinging too, if necessary. It's just that I have concluded that voting does not represent a swing anymore, much less one that could knock out the usurpations of our Constitution over the last 100 years.

The truth is, as much as I have resisted succumbing to it, I'm diseased, dang near crippled, and just plain ol' tired, and I know that many of us here are the same whether they've come to terms with it to the point of being able to admit it or not.

I don't know whether Champion Jack Dupree actually had the kind of exhaustion in his life when he wrote this song that it depicts, but it describes the truth of how I have felt (health-wise) over the last six months or so. Recorded at Fame Studios in Muscle Shoals, AL, about 50 miles from here, and performed by Duane Allman with a friend of mine, Paul Hornsby, on keys who I'm going to see in about 10 days, "Goin' Down Slow":

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I'll give up when no hope is at my doorstep. I think I hear footsteps in the distance. Or is that the cadence of marching boots?
    And what if it is the cadence of boots? Are you healthy enough to fight 'em on their terms? All I'm saying is that that's the choice. Voting ain't gonna get 'r done, and no citizen militia is mustering in the woods that can defeat such a force anyway.

I happen to think the chaos and/or fighting will be between citizens rather than the government and some unorganized, disorganized semblance of a Patriot group. We're seeing it daily here on the boards, people focusing on the racial divides, the political/ideological divides, and to some extent, the regional divides are still holding our attention.

The only hope I acknowledge anymore is the Blessed Hope. Unfortunately for most Americans, it is not the kind of hope that can turn a country around. The country is doomed, and what little control we, as a People, ever had over it, was frittered away with allowing a president to trample on the sovereignty of free states by suspending the Constitution during the War of Northern Aggression, and allowing another president and corrupt Congress to completely change the structures of the Constitution that helped preserve our liberties for 116 years before 1913.

Blues, I gotta hand it to you; your new sig is the best sig I have seen on this forum. Kudos, man. That is awesome!
    Well, thanks, but it's really not "mine." I shamelessly stole the animated .gif from the site that's linked there. I like plays on words and ideas, and that seemed to play well on the tyrants of MAIG. Anyone who wants to send the same message "out there" can copy my sig and make it their own. I think all you'd have to do is highlight and copy the sig-line, click on "Settings" in the control-bar at the top of any forum page, then select "Edit Signature" in the menu to the left on that page, and paste it in. I'm pretty sure the links to the pic and site will carry over with a copy and paste. Anyway, glad you like the sig.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Maybe location is a bigger factor in that.

Perhaps, but still...I live in NC and according to the polls there were enough Obama supporters here to make it more than likely to encounter more than a few...
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

I hear HOOF-BEAT, and it's loud & clear.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast